That's why I stay away from public ranges I hate Mr. Know-everythings I'm lucky cuz I have a wide open desert by me in Vegas on BLM land where shooting is allowed, them dudes are a bunch of leyva's(punk bitches) should of bitch slapped him with the S-12

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I guess I don'r realize how lucky I am to have a farm and to have my own range where I can shoot anything, anytime and from any position that I want.

The only issue I've ever had at my local range is one day I was out testing the new 410 conversion and got repremanded ( by a 14 year old range officer) for folding the stock. He came up and shouted "

Typical nonsense from the kind of idiots who believe that their Bushmaster semi auto varmint guns are real combat rifles, and who train endlessly for the day they will be fighting stationary targets f

Posted Images

I find it funny that there is such animosity between the AK and AR crowd. I own both, among other types of rifles and I've never, ever, ever, run into a problem at a range. occassionally someone will ask me about the AK, just because they're curious or have seen one on TV. but I've never had trouble.

Usually everyone at the ranges I use are polite, respectful or generally mind their own business. I figure that a small area filled with various loaded guns isn't the best place to pick a fight or start an argument. :lolol:

• Like 2

Fuck ranges.

They're all idiots.

The extreme safety idiots piss me off more than the ignorant idiots.

I'll just drive up to the woods thank you very much.

I guess I don'r realize how lucky I am to have a farm and to have my own range where I can shoot anything, anytime and from any position that I want. :super:

I hate you. :haha:

I hate him too, I gotta drive 100 miles to shoot like that. But you know what it's SOOO fucking worth it!

I find it funny that there is such animosity between the AK and AR crowd. I own both, among other types of rifles and I've never, ever, ever, run into a problem at a range. occassionally someone will ask me about the AK, just because they're curious or have seen one on TV. but I've never had trouble.

Usually everyone at the ranges I use are polite, respectful or generally mind their own business. I figure that a small area filled with various loaded guns isn't the best place to pick a fight or start an argument. :lolol:

I find this rather amusing as well. I have found without a doubt both sides have "typical" assholes that perpetuate the problem. Both platforms can be extremely reliable, both platforms can be accurate, both platforms can also be had in several calibers. I tend to lean toward the AR's just due to what I feel are better ergonomics, but with all the changes I have made to my saigas, it is hard not to become a much larger fan.

Man, I guess I never knew how bad it could be! If I lived about 100 yards down the road, I would be out of city (town) limits and do what I want, so instead, just drive a few miles out of town where there is a popular place to shoot along an irrigation canal. It has a 40 foot tall sandhills backstop - so no danger. If you want to sit and shoot, you'd better bring a chair or have a tailgate handy. People driving the backroads often stop there to shoot, and most clean up their mess when they are done. Sitting, standing, prone - even had a buddy try to re-enact some war movie he saw by starting crouched, moved horizontally, dropped and rolled and came up shooting. It was comical - but at the same time, teaches you that nature doesn't always provide bench rest situations. Most everyone is sane and has some common sense. But you are left to your own devices. I really could not imagine paying a fee and have a range Nazi tell me what was permitted, and was not permitted. That would kinda suck all the fun out of it. Rapid fire? As big as your magazine and as deep as your wallet. No one but man and nature. Good etiquette and some range hygiene makes it more pleasant for the next guy. Some of the ranges sound downright nasty!

There are exactly 2 available ranges here in Pee Gee Co. A public indoor range that is the absolute pits and the Berwin Rod and Gun club which is member owned (I am a member). The public range is indoor and pistol only. The overhead beams look like a termite night mare - more holes than beams, and the floor is streaked from about a foot in front of the firing line with hundreds of wild shots. Both are well policed. The public range mostly by the Co. Police who shoot there a lot, and Berwin by the members. Every member is a range Officer. The gun community here "behind enemy lines' in this anti gun hell hole naturally pull together, and confrontations are extremely rare. We all know TOO well it is us(gun owners) against THEM (gun grabbers)!

I don't like to shoot at controlled ranges too often. The ones near me have a 3-4 seconds wait between shots rule. No double tap. Total Bull. Having said that there are some benefits to a regulated range. I normally go to BLM land, which is federally controlled land looked over by the Bureau of Land Management. They have shooting ranges out there that are not regulated by a range master of any kind. Every once in a while a ranger will stop by and make sure nobody is shooting illegal full-auto weapons or whatever. Its nice when you get there early because you can do your own thing for a few hours, set up targets whenever you want, shoot as fast as you want. BUT, when the jerk-offs come out there is NOBODY to regulate them. I often see people drinking a beer while they are shooting, which isn't my style, but I don't really care too much as long as everything seems safe. A couple weekends ago I was out there and some guys pulled out a half gallon bottle of Jack. I decided it was time to leave.

I hate going to the range and being judged by my age. Just cuz im younger than most doesnt mean im an idiot. The range masters always make sure I know where to point the muzzle and how to lock my fucking action open. These guys are total GUN DICKS. They usually rock the white kernal sanders mustaches ( no offense). But they always end up asking how I can afford my guns WTF!.. Im not 16, I work my ass off. Just typing this pisses me off haha. It probably doesnt help that I go to the range with a fridge' dolly loaded with multiple double rifle cases and spam cans.

Think that's bad? Try being a woman, with a holstered sidearm and a Saiga .223!

The automatic assumption is that this "little lady" (Yes- some "gentleman" actually called me that) is a complete moron who does not even know how to insert a magazine. "Helpful" can be just as bad (or worse) than what you describe. I'm in my 20's also- so that compounds the problem. Oh, and I was about 7 months pregnant at the time.

No thanks, we have friends with their own ranges and farms.

Edited by bohound
  • Like 1

Fuck ranges.

They're all idiots.

I guess I don'r realize how lucky I am to have a farm and to have my own range where I can shoot anything, anytime and from any position that I want. :super:

Just go by a farm, it's eaiser that way

Fuck ranges.

They're all idiots.

Just go by a farm, it's eaiser that way

Nah.

I have a friend bugging me to lease his 3 bay shop & small house with private range in Castle Rock Wa., however I thrive on my quick access to the 3rd largest manufacturing base on the west coast.

I don't have to call around or shop on the net.

I simply drive 5-10 minuets in any direction & have access to top notch consultants & suppliers.

It really speeds up development.

If I have an idea I can implement it within a couple hours.

• Like 1

I hate going to the range and being judged by my age. Just cuz im younger than most doesnt mean im an idiot. The range masters always make sure I know where to point the muzzle and how to lock my fucking action open. These guys are total GUN DICKS. They usually rock the white kernal sanders mustaches ( no offense). But they always end up asking how I can afford my guns WTF!.. Im not 16, I work my ass off. Just typing this pisses me off haha. It probably doesnt help that I go to the range with a fridge' dolly loaded with multiple double rifle cases and spam cans.

The automatic assumption is that this "little lady" (Yes- some "gentleman" actually called me that) is a complete moron who does not even know how to insert a magazine. "Helpful" can be just as bad (or worse) than what you describe. I'm in my 20's also- so that compounds the problem. Oh, and I was about 7 months pregnant at the time.

I'm sorry that happens to you bohound. The same stuff happens to my girlfriend when she uses my glock 20 until she smokes 15 rounds of 10mm through the COM at 15 yards. Shuts them right up.

As for being a young guy at the range, I personally don't blame people for assuming I'm 23 and a complete moron. I just came in the wrong packaging. I take it in stride because I can't see myself being any different in 30 years. Getting to know people takes the edge off the interaction and smooths over the animosity.

I just shoot on BLM land here, it makes for an easy time and no one hassles me about busting clay with a S12.

my brother in law is a member of a hunting club and they have a small shooting range that we go to, there's no one ever there, unless its hunting season, and we can shoot all we want as long as we clean up our mess when we get done.There's also a public range not far away from the club, but they have certain days and hours to shoot.

location: a pretty relaxed outdoor range, even for ny standards. besides the basic safety rules, just dont noticeably rapid fire all the time, paper targets only, no tracer/incindiery rounds. otherwise, whatever. during the workday if theres only a handful of people, theres no RO and we call our own cease fire. the below stories all happened on a weekend:

few weeks ago, went to the range with a buddy of mine just to zero in our scopes and try some new stuff out.

well we took a spot right next to these AR douchebags, one in a pink polo, another was wearing a pink sweater around his neck (seriously.) they were often bragging to the 3 girls they brought with them how they just spent $800 on ammo alone, etc. etc. how expensive their shit is, etc

so my buddy and i get done sighting in our scopes, so we try our hand at switching from right to left-handed shooting. one of the girls is all "why are they DOING that??!?"

and the guy is all "i dunno, probably because he thinks it looks cool." meanwhile all they did was just sit there and shoot from a bench.

rolleyes.gif

----------------------------------

couple of days ago, this time i wanted to see how well i could group at 100 yards, by crouching and using my knee to support my arm.

so i put about 20 rounds though 4 different targets on the same board, taking each shot real slow, and sit it out until the next ceasefire, minding my own business, drinking my water and smoking my cigarette.

then this big fat asshole with his buddies on the table to the left of me takes his AR, shoots 30 rounds through my target, then they get in their car and leave. wtf blink.gif ok, whatever

later on i try my hand at just shooting lefty so i can get the hang of it. guess someone saw me do a right-to-left switch while i was standing up, and yelled out "nice form, gabe!" in an obvious mocking manner dry.gif

couple minutes later, said douchebags are getting yelled at by the RO for shooting tracers which burned their target/backboard...

-----------------------------------

then theres this guy i used to shoot with. worst out of the others above, imo...

total brandwhore. hates AK's, but owns a wasr and thinks its the best AK ever since its his and he's the exception to the rule or some shit rolleyes.gif . he only buys armalite (because its the original!), magpul, and throws a fucking eotech and magpul stickers on everything on everything including his car and possibly on his own wife's fat ass. recently bought a benelli shotgun with a bright desert "camo" paintjob on it that looks straight off a Four Loko can, threw an eotech on that too. otherwise quick to hate on a Saiga12 because "its not brandname, bro. see benelli? ITALIAN MADE! i dont like saiga, whats that? oh that, its ok but its not a benelli man!" (exact quote btw). as for AKs he "dont like AK, is innacurate man! i want to buy an arsenal, but for that money id rather buy a Rock River, man. AK is not worth that much, its like a waste bro! but this AK <shows me his wasr with green painted wood, which he painted because he rubbed fucking Ed's Red all over it and ruined the shit>, see is nice man!"

get the picture?

so anyway, one day im testing out my Arisaka and a few WW2 vets come up to me to compliment the wood and AA winged sights, and we talk a little bit about the history of it, etc. meanwhile, i could see that he was getting a bit jealous since nobody was giving his brand new Four Loko looking benelli any attention. so what does he do the next day? he "makes friends" with some "old guy" and now hes into milsurp sks and garands n shit. har har 021.gif

come a couple weeks later after that, we're at the range and im just casually practicing my muzzle discipline and grouping with irons. hes doing his usual, getting his dick hard at the tight 50 yard groups hes getting with his brandname Armalite with brandname eotech and brandname magpul stickers all over it. just another day, right? so his kid is there too and he wants to fire his AK, so he tells him to start shooting, not at his targets, but at MY targets and the fucking noob fuck just magdumps a bunch of stupid shit on my board! and to top it off, after we go to check our targets this motherfucker has the balls to start rubbing in how awesome his AR is at 50 and how my shit is garbage at 100, after his kid just ruined my entire thing. we set up new targets, i practice my groupings again, and then HE starts shooting at MINE and then claims all MY shots, and then tells me how my shit is garbage.

fuck this guy, i stopped talking to him after that.

people need to mind their own fucking business.

sorry for the long post.

and in conclusion: what is it that makes the AR the preferred choice for stupid ignorant dicks?

(not saying all AR guys are dicks, but jesus, see above...)

Edited by m1lk
  • Like 3

and in conclusion: what is it that makes the AR the preferred choice for stupid ignorant dicks?

AR's (M16's, whatever, you get the point) are Call of Duty guns on the "winning side". Nostalgia plays a pretty big role as the AR looks more "tactical" with its rails and magpul stocks :P. The A-hole hunters who think you need a gun to hit a dime at 200 yds 100 times in a row don't help either. It seems like anyone with an AK (other than the ones that buy it for the same COD nostalgia that AR people do) are generally well mannered because they overlooked the AR biased crap. Go ahead and look up AR vs AK, and you'll see all of the hunter A-holes I am talking about.

AR's (M16's, whatever, you get the point) are Call of Duty guns on the "winning side". Nostalgia plays a pretty big role as the AR looks more "tactical" with its rails and magpul stocks :P. The A-hole hunters who think you need a gun to hit a dime at 200 yds 100 times in a row don't help either. It seems like anyone with an AK (other than the ones that buy it for the same COD nostalgia that AR people do) are generally well mannered because they overlooked the AR biased crap. Go ahead and look up AR vs AK, and you'll see all of the hunter A-holes I am talking about.

Seconded. Add to that the "not made here" factor for much of the AK-hate you sometimes see among some shooters.

<snip>

Sorry bro. Glad I don't live in NY. I've been to Rochester, Binghamton, and Buffalo. 'Nuff for me.

despite the commie liberals and idiots that have ruined this state, i still tend to look on the brightside....at least until i see how much they take out of my paycheck every week.

Not to mention the things you hear when you tell people you own an AK.

"You're a terrorist?" :o

"Aren't those unable to hit anything because of the horrible accuracy?" :wacko:

"Why didn't you just buy an AR? They're better..." :024:

"Are you a communist?" :blink:

"You don't support our country's gun manufacturers?" :cryss:

The list goes on and on.

• Like 2

The list goes on and on.

I've heard all of them! I just chuckle and tell 'em "Nah, I'm just honing my black-ninja-kill-skillz." :ph34r:

The list goes on and on.

edit: wrong thread. lol

but yeah, people are dumb

Edited by m1lk

The list goes on and on.

I know exactly what you mean on that one. In Houston there is a Rifle and Pistol range on Almeda Road named Bailey's. Folks are friendly enough, but absolutely freak if you show up with a rotating bolt rifle. One clown picked up one of my rifles and starting playing with it. I had to ask him nicely not to touch and please put it down. Left shortly thereafter. They wanted me to remove the magazine from my AKM, then load each round manually.

Yakdung

Edited by yakdung

...absolutely freak if you show up with a rotating bolt rifle. One clown picked up one of my rifles and starting playing with it. I had to ask him nicely not to touch and please put it down. Left shortly thereafter. They wanted me to remove the magazine from my AKM, then load each round manually.

Weird. Why would that be an issue?

No thanks, we have friends with their own ranges and farms.

Man! Armed, pregnant, and pissed off!!! All of the husbands and fathers here will immediately understand how potentially lethal THAT combination is! :lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

• Like 4

Folks are strange indeed. I have a friend that is career Navy who has told me in no uncertain terms that AK's are p.o.s. and inaccurate. Don't' get me wrong, I have AK, AR, HK, Sako, Remington, WInchester and so on. He gets several rifles for gratis and one of them is an AK. Suddenly they are fine rifles. I think a lot of folks just feel like they need to brag on/defend whatever they have. I don't pay attention anymore. LOL

My sympathies, everyone. (that doesn't have their own range) I use two ranges, one public, one private. I've had zero problems at either of them. Well OK, the public range gets a bit crowded at times. Still, people work together and it isn't a problem.

Guess I'm just lucky.

My worst 'range' day was actually out on BLM land.

As you might guess, there's a lot of 'whistlepigs' out there now that it's warmed up. Damn suicidal things, popping their heads up while you're shooting at 200yd targets.

My friend and I had been set up at our favorite spot (400+ yards to a 75-foot berm) for a couple hours, when I hear a ricochet buzz overhead from behind us. I whip around and see this group of people sitting on the rocks at the other end of the valley, shooting whistlepigs in our general direction. Fortunately for them, none of their shots were close to us. I was still very tempted to put a couple rounds into their truck, and would have if I had heard a shot (rather than a ricochet) go overhead. Let's see you get home when your engine block has a couple Czech silvertip holes in it, it's only 15 miles to town.

I have not even BOTHERED to read the last page of this thread... ya know why?? Cause I FEEL SO bad for the rest of you folks... that it pains me to read your trials and tribulations that are just so dumb.

Ya know what else?? all your ranges SUCK. You know why? Cause you have to deal with RETARDS.

I have a range... we have over a THOUSAND MEMBERS in the club where it is.

Tonight, while I was there I thought I would take a picture for you sorry fucks and show you just what you are missing out on.

NO range officer to bitch or whine.

NO people not of like mind and attitudes such as yourself.

NO exorbitant fees. ( our ANNUAL membership is $20.00! )

Normally parking is in the lot 75 yards to the East... today I decided I would park a little closer... you want to know why?? BECAUSE I CAN!!!! ( I happen to also be the club president!! LOL )

And if for some reason the range there is closed due to club functions... I have my OWN personal one on my 24 acres in the country... I have 125 yards right out the back window. Its nice... Ask anyone who attended the NYfun shoot a couple years back... ( the posts are here someplace... they can vouch its a nice shooting setup! )

Anyways... I Thought I would share my pics of tonight with you... ENJOY... eat your heart out.

Pic 1... taken from the 50 yard berm as I walked back from hanging a target at 100 yards...

range1.jpg

Pic 2... From the bench looking back downrange...

range2.jpg

Oh... I live in NY too!! HAHAHAHAHA!!! Ironic isnt it?!?!?!

Pic 3... My favorite way to take a picture pointing downrange... I dunno why but I love taking pics through the optic... :lol:

range3.jpg

HOLY SHIT!!!! Some jackass parked their truck right on the firing range!!! What a lazy bastard!!!! Oh, wait... thats mine. LOL yeah... I am! hahaha

:smoke: