KVAR has OEM Saiga 12 - 8 Round Mags in Stock

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This is kind of funny. Folks have been bitching about 8 rd Izzy mags costing $150 and yet people bought them. People bitched because of the lack of availability of 8 rd Izzy mags and yet people stil

Yeah, THAT is not going to happen!!!   Factory or not, $130 for ONE mag is FREAKIN RIDICULOUS!!!!!!     FTS

Nobody?  

Posted Images

As others have said, KVAR is charging more for these than they should but the law of supply and demand is very much in effect. My other mags are AGP's and they work just fine but I wanted a couple factory 8 rounders to round out my collection. At these prices, I certainly can't justify buying more.

They're worth every penny IMO.

Because they're Russian or because they work?

NOBODY, and I mean NOBODY is a bigger collector than me, and I won't shell out $147 for one 8-round mag....I don't care who makes it!

I have well over $1100 invested in S-12 mags and drums! I was there at the beginning when Mike Davidson was selling the MD-20 for $230 each! I am a huge believer in collecting what is unique or noteworthy.

But I also believe in being smart about your investments.

The price for the Russian mags will drop eventually. That is when I will snag a few.

IMG_1071-1.jpg

346005616_photobucket_13618_.jpg

0107091051a-1.jpg

FTS

It's only a bad deal if there's something better available at a better price. At this point, the Izzy 8 is what I consider the benchmark-with that said, I'm really curious to see what Mike D releases in the future and at what price.

• Like 2

If they had been closer to $100 each and $7-10 USPS flat rate shipping, I would have got a couple.

I think I'll hold out for the guys that bought 5 at a time and got a case of buyers remorse, then hope they put a couple up for sale for less.

Edited by bc5000

when RARE 40 rd rpk ak47 7.62x39 orange bakelite mags first became available on gunjoker they sold for $500.now you can find them for $200,which is still alot.point is nothing in the ak world is rare,it is just availibility to us here dictates the price.here are pics that will make you cry.RARE 40 rd 7.62x39 baklite mags at $200 apice being used to fill a pothole.

ak_47_magazines_02.jpg

ak_47_magazines_03.jpg

Edited by bigmegina

If they had been closer to $100 each and $7-10 USPS flat rate shipping, I would have got a couple.

I think I'll hold out for the guys that bought 5 at a time and got a case of buyers remorse, then hope they put a couple up for sale for less.

Rusmil sells the 8 rounders for £88-00 -- that's $142 + whatever the shipping charge.

I don't think the price is exactly outrageous based on that. But if there are domestically made much more reasonable alternatives, by all means go for it.

I'm a 410 person myself. 410 10 round domestic is ~$40, the 10 round izhmash is $60 through Kvar, and about $58 through rusmil. with the 410, maybe it's easier to justify because both prices are lower.

Anyway, the point I'm trying to make, and maybe badly so, is that I don't think K-Var is really ripping anyone off.

• Like 1

Rusmil sells the 8 rounders for £88-00 -- that's $142 + whatever the shipping charge.

I don't think the price is exactly outrageous based on that. But if there are domestically made much more reasonable alternatives, by all means go for it.

I'm a 410 person myself. 410 10 round domestic is ~$40, the 10 round izhmash is $60 through Kvar, and about $58 through rusmil. with the 410, maybe it's easier to justify because both prices are lower.

Anyway, the point I'm trying to make, and maybe badly so, is that I don't think K-Var is really ripping anyone off.

You need to subract 20% for Vat Tax. Actual price would be about $114 each, not including shipping.

For those who say, "fuck that price, I'll never buy any, AGPs/Surefires are good enough", I really only respect that opinion if you have some experience using Izzy 8's alongside US all-poly S-12 stick mags. 'Cause if you don't.. you're speaking from a real position of ignorance. <_<

People also seem to assume that Izhmash sells these mags cheap throughout Europe. That's not the case. They typically cost >$100 apiece, even over there, with a higher supply and no shipping, (yes, VAT does jack it up a bit).

K-VAR's price isn't a spectacular "deal", but the price seems pretty fair, especially since no other business is importing these mags in bulk, that I know of.

If they're worth it to you, buy some. If not, then don't... but don't sit back and mock the very idea of paying the market price for a fairly rare and desirable product when you've never even used the product in question yourself. ;)

• Like 3

Are you still getting raped on shipping, even though you are in the same city as K-Var?

well i couldnt help myself..i just got 4

Unless they change the cost of shipping when they process the order, I'll be paying the cheapest option they had available..I wish K-VAR had a storefront, or a local dealer that had access to everything in their warehouse.

In regards to price gouging, my local Ace hardware has upped the price on the 12 round surefires. They were $55, now they are $65. This was just in the last couple weeks. I'd love some Russians but just can't bring myself to spend that kinda cash on them.

For those who say, "fuck that price, I'll never buy any, AGPs/Surefires are good enough", I really only respect that opinion if you have some experience using Izzy 8's alongside US all-poly S-12 stick mags. 'Cause if you don't.. you're speaking from a real position of ignorance. <_<

People also seem to assume that Izhmash sells these mags cheap throughout Europe. That's not the case. They typically cost >$100 apiece, even over there, with a higher supply and no shipping, (yes, VAT does jack it up a bit).

K-VAR's price isn't a spectacular "deal", but the price seems pretty fair, especially since no other business is importing these mags in bulk, that I know of.

If they're worth it to you, buy some. If not, then don't... but don't sit back and mock the very idea of paying the market price for a fairly rare and desirable product when you've never even used the product in question yourself. ;)

Kind of like....um.....heroin?

JK :lolol:

I bought 2 because A) I don't have 8-round OEM and I'm impressed with quality on 5-round OEM mags, B ) don't have to play any customs games and wait forever so the price difference is justified. I liked how K-Var got around imported hi-cap issues by asking the customer to agree to only use them in a converted shotgun. I hope this logic works in the future.

Edited by Inzami

Kind of like....um.....heroin?

JK :lolol:

Kinda. Just need one more... :D

• Like 1

That sounds a lot like being married. your brain tells you "go for it" while your fun parts is begging you not to make him be lonely. All the while it is like the wife knows what is going through your head and gives you " the look".

I was going to buy a few of these, but when I saw the shipping charge I backed out. Their shipping prices are completely fucked.

That sounds a lot like being married. your brain tells you "go for it" while your fun parts is begging you not to make him be lonely. All the while it is like the wife knows what is going through your head and gives you " the look".

I was going to buy a few of these, but when I saw the shipping charge I backed out. Their shipping prices are completely fucked.

When ordering from K-VAR, it's best to have several products in mind to buy.

Whenever I've ordered directly from them, I've tossed in a couple 30 rnd circle-10s, (at the least), to make the shipping cost more "worth it". :D

ETA: I've got 3 Izzy 8s that I bought/traded from private sellers. I paid ~$120 shipped per mag; a little less than average.

Edited by post-apocalyptic

A few reasons why the factory 8 rounders are so expensive and sought after. Up until now, they were pretty much impossible to get here in our free republic. The factory magazines are the most reliable. There is a cool factor with them that just can't be beat.

Just my :2c:

2 SGM 10 rounders for $72 shipped from CSS last night was good with me.

When they are reasonably prices and in bulk here I will acquire a couple, till the. I will stick with my R&R factory 5ers and aftermarket sticks/drums.

I have a source for SGM 10 rounders for $30 each. I bought all my Surefire 12's for $25 each. Whether it's factory 8's or Kvar rifles the other guy was talking about you can always find a better deal if you search around long enough. But as said above if you want it and can afford it buy it...just don't look back on whether you spent too much.

Edited by TO THE FLOOR

I didn't realize this thread would start a shit-storm.

Key thing... No customs crap-shoot. These are already stateside from a reputable vendor and you will get them assembled in one package. If you want them and can afford them, you have an option that is less risky and time consuming than buying from another country.

Shipping costs everywhere have gone up - even Cope's flat rate went up 2 bucks. It makes it hard to justify small orders on anything. I bought a $25 pistol buffer tube for an AR and it cost $37. Shipping cost 50% of the item! Anything that goes UPS is going to cost at least $10 from what I am seeing.

• Like 1

Key thing... No customs crap-shoot. These are already stateside from a reputable vendor and you will get them assembled in one package. If you want them and can afford them, you have an option that is less risky and time consuming than buying from another country.

Shipping costs everywhere have gone up - even Cope's flat rate went up 2 bucks. It makes it hard to justify small orders on anything. I bought a $25 pistol buffer tube for an AR and it cost $37. Shipping cost 50% of the item! Anything that goes UPS is going to cost at least $10 from what I am seeing.

I think most people dont like kvar due to their shipping prices. Other than that, I think they should have a good rep being they did offer the $500 SGL deal a few years back. I didnt score on that deal but is still IMO going above and beyond for people around here. I myself dont like the shipping prices either but others on here are right. If you dont want to pay the prices then dont. +1 to BuffetDestroyer for the good points, it does beat waiting and going through customs. And they do have alot of hard to find parts at times.

No?

It always happens every time russian 8's are mentioned.

Personally, I think every serious S-12 should have a mil-spec russian 8.

The mag's as important as the gun when talking reliability

• Like 4