$850 for an unmodified S12?

One of the local gunstores has a few unmodified S12s for sale at $850 apiece. They have a range, and their prices average about $50-$75 over most of the other stores, but none of the other shops have an indoor range.

I thought that normal retail on a Saiga 12 was ~$650 or so. I can't see where the extra $200 is coming from.

Any ideas?

Bending you over for another $200+ is worth a try. I might pay up to $690 otd locally for a brand new one with all acccessories, but that would be it (the same price that a S12 would be plus transfer fee, for me at least).

One of the local gunstores has a few unmodified S12s for sale at $850 apiece. They have a range, and their prices average about $50-$75 over most of the other stores, but none of the other shops have an indoor range.

I thought that normal retail on a Saiga 12 was ~$650 or so. I can't see where the extra $200 is coming from.

Any ideas?

There's a lot of brick & mortar shops around that ended up picking up S-12's at the peak of the panic buy.

If they bought a few for a small percentage below retail or even AT retail at the peak right as the last shipment was running out, they're still going to try to get their money out of it & try to turn somewhat of a profit.

Just just a few months ago they were going like hotcakes at internet prices of $750.00 + shipping + transfer fees + background check.

A local shop around me has 2 $850.00 S-12s.

These guys are the cheapest shop in town on guns in general.

Same thing as people investing in real estate at the peak of the bubble.

Sure they'll collect dust, but I can't expect a guy to pay me to take an S-12 off his hands.

Eventually people with cash to spare or who don't know any better will pick them up on an impulse buy.

my local shop had 2 at 699. one sold earlier this week. and i would suspect the other will be gone shortly. whats amazing is that 6 months ago they were on the shelf for 539. guess thats inflation for ya. im curious to see the prices on the .410 and 20ga in local shops

ClassicArms still has unconverted Saiga 12s for $649.99. Includes free carry case, free sling and free shipping, if ordered by today (June 24th). Probably the best price around right now with the free shipping.

I paid $901.00 out the door plus 1 10 round mag two weeks ago, the gun 19" threaded barrel was $780.00 with factory 5 rounder and he wouldn't come off. The other two local shops I deal with were $20-$30 higher. I have spent $750-$800 on accessories and ammo since :angel:. The S-12 is just the beginning so be advised.:lolol:

Everyone that has them on the shelves at all is fortunate. I had never seen one in person and I spend my share of time in the three local shops. Until I traded a friend who lives in the people's republic of California for his bone stock one which is stock no longer.

I paid $901.00 out the door plus 1 10 round mag two weeks ago, the gun 19" threaded barrel was $780.00 with factory 5 rounder and he wouldn't come off. The other two local shops I deal with were $20-$30 higher. I have spent $750-$800 on accessories and ammo since :angel:. The S-12 is just the beginning so be advised.:lolol:

That's crazy. I bought one in the height of panic a couple months ago for my GF (just in case). Even with shipping and transfer I didn't pay $900 and that's with a California Mag Lock that normally costs an extra $50 or so to add on. But I really do my research before I buy to get the best deal I can. When it looked like Saiga's were no more to a lot of people one of my local dealers wanted $1,600 for a stock S12, so I really pissed him off when I told one I was having one delivered to his competition (literally on the same street about two blocks away) for about half that price.

The quick check I did of the Innerwebz gave me a price of $759 from the fine folks at Atlantic, so after the transfer fees I guess $850 isn't as bad as I thought. I want a S12, but it just ain't going to happen soon.

I am already planning on about $400 worth of upgrades (Rhineland Saiga scout stock, G2 trigger, autoplug, and a trip to Pauly), plus at least that much more in magazines. Two MD20s and some Surefire 12-rounders. Then there's the probable red-dot, since a Saiga would put me into Open class, so there goes another $400. Damn expensive hobby.

OP, You must be in the Tampa Bay area. Highway robbery!

was just in a shop in Tampa today and they had one marked down to 1799.99 converted...

What store was this? I purchased mine for $650 shipped (out of state FFL). On layway at the moment till I figure out what modifications to go with...

It's all about supply and demand.

As soon as they start importing them again the prices will return to normal. I sure am glad I got mine last year for $519. It is being converted and refinished as I type this and I will be picking it up a week from tomorrow!

Be patient....the prices will drop soon.

FTS

Any ideas?

I searched the world over and could not find one cheaper than $780. I don't know why this is unless it is the BATIF study and Bomass and Hillary but I didn't wont to take the chance of not getting one mainly because they don't won't me to have one. :lolol: I never really wanted one until they said I couldn't have it. That is totally un-American.

Edited by Palidin

The price is high in my book and unfortunately, I don't see the prices going down as long as the current political and economic situation remains in place. The important thing is to be prepared and have ample gun supplies. I can tell you from personal experience, that shit happens and can change in a flash. The unprepared wind up mumbling walking in circles and scramble when the herd starts.

Be safe and prepared,

Yakdung

FFS.

I'm still overjoyed I got mine, get this, at Lakeland Gun Show from chronically overpriced Shoot Straight for $500+transfer at the end of February. I think they had to have been up around $800 by two weeks later.

FFS.

I'm still overjoyed I got mine, get this, at Lakeland Gun Show from chronically overpriced Shoot Straight for $500+transfer at the end of February. I think they had to have been up around $800 by two weeks later.

It's amazing the deals we stumble upon every now and then, isn't it?

I'm picking up my S12 a week from today and am very excited to see how the conversion turned out. The guy that is doing it is also sending it out to be professionally refinished.

I can't wait to fit my drums to it and start blasting away!:super:

FTS