so how'd you guys like the earthquake!?!

Im about 2 hours north of DC and we felt it pretty good at work but no one really cared except this one guy he got all nervous and worried.

I've been through two. A 7.2 and a 7.4. Didn't seem like a big deal. Just some shaking. Anyone been trough a big one?

Pretty damned wild! We don't get that shit here in NC very much. I think the last one that was anything much was in the late 60's. Here I am running around crazy getting ready for the damned hurricane coming this way Sat & Sun, and now this? WTF man!

I must admit I did go upstairs and scanned the surrounding sky for a mushroom cloud. 009.gif

....And?

I have a feeling the Philly area will be low on bread, milk, water, batteries, ammo...etc...etc...This evening. And all we got was a hiccup

Edited by Arik

It's Bush's fault!

Damn straight! Gas prices have been falling here lately. His and Chaney's idea to raise prices .....again!! Possibly Rove too!

Tin foil hat time! :D

Either that or all of DC political scene had a thought at the same moment.

Edited by Arik

I'm in Richmond,VA. Felt it pretty good here. Dogs started acting funny barking and going nut right before it hit, then I noticed the house (and me) was moving as I was telling them to shut the hell up. Can't see any damage to my old house with plaster walls. I work at Lowe's and everyone booked it out the store, nothing fell there except some ceiling tiles in the break room. My mom lives closer to the epicenter and her canning jars fell off the shelf.

News said it was felt in Colombus and Cincinatti, I didn't notice anything, but the horse I was working on was awfly good and looked a little puzzuled.

Felt the one in Indiana/Illinois a couple years ago. That was just odd.

Wasn't there one up in the Northwest recently too?

Maybe barry and the poli's should knock off the golf and get their backsides to back to work. How many of us can afford such a vacation in the last couple years. Ya like they've "earned" it?

I was at work, about 30 min east of Richmond. Felt it pretty good, watched the walls of the shop wobble back and forth.

I've always lived here, so it was the first real earthquake I'd felt. Not such a big deal, but not on my "fun list" either.

I'm not trying to stir the pot but in the Bible, God uses earthquakes to warn us of ......... this, that and the other. That part of the country hasn't had an earthquake of this magnitude since 1896? I think GOD is sayin something, just sayin.

• Like 2

The DC earthquake blew out a piece of Seattle-Tacoma airport control tower window glass. I'm not kidding.

I had to go look at that up... and yeah, it did blow out a window from a Sea-Tac tower...

But it was on a tower in DC during the quake :D

Apparently it was reused from a tower that was damaged in a quake in Seattle several years back... found its way to DC to be put on a different tower.