What's the best compliment you've gotten for your S12....

"That is fuckin' badass!!!!"

This is common response after people see my "flawless" video.

I usually respond "It isn't your Daddy's 870, for sure"

Edited by evlblkwpnz
  • Like 1

"Is that even legal?!?"

+1 I've got that one too. I've even had people think it was a "Street Sweeper". I quickly let them know that the SS is a POS compared to my Saiga 12. I take it as an insult.

What's the best compliment you've gotten for your S12....or name a couple............

The usual ritual when I go to the range to run my guns is to dump all the loaded mags that I would have around when using each weapon to see if I would have had any problems.

One time I drive down the way from another group of shooters, get out of the car, put up a bad-guy target then proceed to dump my carry pistols, then quickly dump 82 rounds of a mix of 2 3/4 high brass from the drums & 3" magnum from the sticks.

When I was done, I hear someone say something along the lines of "Holy shit! WTF has he got!?"

Moments later they'd jumped in their SUV & left.

I took it as a complement. happy.png

Is that a shotgun? Is that full auto?

You would be suprised by the amount of oldschool guys that get there panties in a bunch when no one pays them any attention with there remington 870s

They useually speek under there breaths... Just birshot you should shoot a real round out of that.

Like everyone else, I've gotten the "Holy shit!" type responses. Those are fun.

I'm not that big of a guy.. 5'8", 170 lbs. I dumped 5 or 6 mags of mixed slugs and buckshot as fast as I could.. complete with rapid mag changes, and just tore a target to shreds at 25 yards. I had this big hulking SOB look at me, my bitchy Russian mistress (my wife's awesome nickname for my S12), and the hanging streams of confetti downrange and just shake his head in a slightly disapproving manner and say "That's too much gun for me" and walk away. I was proud of that 011.gif

Really, though, I'm partial to the silent wide-eyed stares. I don't mind if folks watch me and my mistress get down.. just don't interrupt. lol

Edited by sickness

"That THING looks evil just sitting there!"

What I really like is when I'm on the Shotgun Range and dump a MD20, look over and see half the 100 yard Rifle Range staring over with "WTF!?!?" looks on their faces.

• Like 2

I took mine on a pheasant hunt over the weekend. We shot skeet at a trap club up there before the event. I was expecting to be given alot of WTF looks from people, or even some trash talk. The opposite happened, everyone was very interested in it, and wanted to shoot it. They found the ergonomics of the short stock to be more natural than there traditional shotguns. Then after it performed well on the skeet, had several wanting to buy them.

Just after converting, when I took it out to the public range to function test- a coworker was there with her son. they let me try several guns I had never used before. (anarray of the classics that would be embarrasing to admit I have never shot)

Anyway when I got out the Saiga to test it, her son knew what it was and was giddy, because he wanted one. So I let him try it and explained that my trigger pull is pretty small and light, and that it hadn't been proven yet. I dumped a mag to make sure it wouldn't double fire or anything and handed it to him, with a 12 shot. He had this big grin the first 4 or so rounds. Then the gun quit working right.

It went from biggest compliment to me feeling I had lett the gun down and him being sad in a couple seconds.

When I got home, I figured out that the spring was slipping off of the trigger leg and did the appropriate bends which promptly solved the problem.

"OH MY GAWD!!! What in the hell is that?" Followed quickly by..."Can I handle it?" .....followed slightly less quickly with...."Can I shoot it?" Then they usually see the ever accompanying tax stamp (SBS) and they ask...."Is it a machine gun?" When I answer it is a legal registered sawed off shotgun, they then ask....."Is it legal?" When I answer "Yes" they usually say "Holy Shiet!" HB of CJ (old coot) All NFA Rules Apply smile.pngsmile.pngsmile.png

"OH MY GAWD!!! What in the hell is that?" Followed quickly by..."Can I handle it?" .....followed slightly less quickly with...."Can I shoot it?" Then they usually see the ever accompanying tax stamp (SBS) and they ask...."Is it a machine gun?" When I answer it is a legal registered sawed off shotgun, they then ask....."Is it legal?" When I answer "Yes" they usually say "Holy Shiet!" HB of CJ (old coot) All NFA Rules Apply smile.pngsmile.pngsmile.png

+2 LMFAO!!!!.

I too have gotten the "Is that LEGAL?!" line, as well as "Holy SHIT!". Once or twice I've gotten "Why would anyone need something like that?". I usually respond with "Because they don't make a reliable belt fed version.....yet." LOL

Oftentimes if I see someone watching me shoot, I'll ask if they want to try it. If they do, they almost always ask where they can get one. Either that or they shake their head and walk away, like the guy in the green hat does in this video:

[media='']

[/media]