How Will You Celebrate Our Independence This Week?

Not a big fan of fireworks unless I'm the one setting them off so with any luck I will be able to sneak off to the range for a few hours. Though shooting Russian guns to celebrate our independence does seem a little odd...

Edited by mizombiekilla
  • Like 1

Non gun related... I just purchased a Weber Smokey Mountain smoker 22" and will be putting it together. Also purchased a case of baby rack ribs, pork butt, Shiner beer sausage and Paton. I drove fifty miles to a meat market in Conroe Texas because it looked like a really cool family business. It was. I met the owner and he is a real friendly and helpful. If you are in the Houston area, give him a try. The place was really busy when I arrived. I always try and support family businesses whenever I can,

http://www.majkszaksmeatmarket.com/

smile.png

• Like 4

When I was drinking it was "The Fourth with a Fifth".

Weather SOOOO hot here, over 100 for a few days(over 105 a few as well) and NO rain

unheard of in these parts.(Middle TN)

Stuff is so dry, just looking at it, the stuff will catch fire.

So NO fireworks at my house, hope my neighbors dont as well, they are banned in the local area as well.

Me I am gona keep a fire watch and stay cool in the pool.

• Like 1

I hear ya MT Predator, in light of not only the most recent events we are all sick about, and how we feel ashamed of those who made these things even possible... It's hard to feel like celebrating something we keep losing more and more of....you're right about that.

That said though.... Yes hell we can have one, I'll be having TWO myself! (starting tomorrow on Monday the 2nd, the date that was officially our real declaration of independence, and the date originally slated as the day set aside for the fireworks and celebrations of our freedom. It was July 2nd when the Continental Congress actually voted for it, and made that declaration of freedom from England and her bullshit). This year especially, I hope everyone finds a way to spend their Independence Day practicing their individual rights, and their personal independence from that POS and his administration... by doing whatever it may be that helps them remember just what exactly the Declaration Of Independence IS, and what it was actually written for.... to present to the people of America and to the world, an official written and signed document to show the Brits and the American people, in no uncertain terms, that we were severing all official allegiance ties to the motherland and her tyranny. It was written and enacted, to set forth a very serious and very clear set of rules to live by... an actual document with a definite list of terms, explaining the rights we as American citizens would have, and should live by from that day forward. The first draft was carefully written by Thomas Jefferson, then edited by Ben Franklin and John Adams. Then the final document was re-written by Jefferson, taking into account edited material.

Soooo... to answer the OP's question directly... what I plan to do myself, is of course blow shit up like I do every year! big_smile.gif

This year though, I'll also be working on some research I've put off doing, for way too long now, and posting some of it in a thread here on the forum. It has to do with a couple of ancestors of mine, who were among the 56 signers of that important document, one of whom was the man almost given the high honor of actually writing it, but due to a family emergency, he was pulled away from that duty, and that high honor was passed on to Thomas Jefferson instead.

secret_smile.gif

I've known about my family's relation to these distinguished men since I was a child, and the fact they signed the Declaration. I just never took the time and really did all the research before now, to find out just how involved they actually were in the founding of our country, through their many years of service in politics. Honestly I've always hated politics with a passion, and was always more impressed with the military side of my family history.

NOW though, beaten.gif Due to the tremendously unacceptable and deplorable fashion, in which the currently residing 'imposter in chief' and his band of morons, keep wiping their filthy feet all over our Constitution, and tracking their scum all through the sacred halls of the White House... while trying to run this country right into the damned ground.... I figured it was high time I paid more attention to some of the other important things some past members of our family have been involved in. I'll be using this particular Independence Holiday as the perfect time to start really digging into my family history, and finally begin learning and documenting all I can find out about the accomplishments of, and contributions made by various ancestors, and eventually get them all documented in our family tree. I've wanted to put this together as a gift to my existing family for a long time. My biggest regret will always be the fact that I didn't complete it in time to present it to my Grandmother on my father's side. We lost her last December unfortunately. It was she who taught me most of what I already know about our family's history, and her direct line of ancestors who were most involved in US history. I want to research and get more work done on documenting, not only their involvement in the wars some of them fought in, but any important roles they played in the founding and history of our country....while we still HAVE one... bad_egg.gif

Well everyone have a safe and enjoyable time with your chosen forms of celebrating, and I hope the weather gets better, cause it's hotter than hell here! anger.gifhorror.gif

Even if Old Glory flies upside down this year, it will survive to stand up and fly tall and proud again, hopefully sooner than later!

post-1293-0-38468400-1341140450.jpg

• Like 4

Going out to the range in the morning to shoot my M1 Garand, CETME, R1A1, S12, S20, WASR, RRA 15 and the K98. Then my wife wants to try to fight the crowds on the West Side Highway by the Intrepid to watch the Macy's fireworks in NYC, finishing the day trying to fight our way back to Grand Central Terminal to get the Metro North back to Beacon just so I can wake up at 4am to come back to work on 5th Ave and 44th St in the morning. With the ConEd lockout, this should be an interesting time seeing the managers try to do the frontline work in the streets...

Have a great Independence Day everyone! Be Safe and remember it's only 5 months till we vote to be free again!

nyclu3

• Like 1

Our company decided to work us the 4th and let us off on Friday the 6th so we can have a 3 day weekend. Hasn't been a drop of rain in about a month and temps over 100, so a county wide and nearly state wide burn ban is in effect. No fireworks unless we get some rain. I guess we alll be shooting our guns and cooking out next weekend. Everyone have a safe and Happy 4th of July.

Happy to edit:

Our company realized that they would have to pay us for the Holiday and working on the 4th, (double time), and that they weren't allowed to trade off a holiday for a regular day.

Whoohoo!!! We're now off on the 4th and We are getting our family together to watch some public fireworks displays and spend some quality family time together celebrating our Independence day. Might even shoot fireworks and some guns too if we can get a little rain.

Edited by Razorback

ive been passing out pocket Constitutions for the past week at work. I try to do so every year, but this year i was only able to pick up 100 of them, and give them to our customers as a token of appreciation when they purchase our services.

since the dog days came early, im going to shoot guns, drink beer, salute old glory, and like always, read the Declaration of Independence.

its hard to stay proud when our system is wrong.

Edited by Captain Hero
  • Like 2

Celebrated with the family yesterday, ate some great food, did a LOT of shooting! My nephew, his wife, and I spent about 30 minutes picking up brass and spent shot shells out of the front yard so the lawnmower wouldn't send them through the front windows of the house! LOL Even in the mtns of NC it was warm, but definitely beat the heat of the foothills (107). It is supposed to cool off this week into the mid 90s , but will prolly hang in the AC, watch a few movies while the smoker is doing it's thing on the porch. Come dusk, will light up the drums and Betamag at the neighbors newly trimmed out 100 yard range. (Nothing like living out of town on a dead end road)!!!!!

Gonna smoke a brisket and a pork shoulder, then eat too much. No fireworks as we've had a week of over 100 temps and no rain, everything's tinder dry hereabouts, we had a forest fire down in the Mark Twain national forest that burned between 550 and 600 acres, nothing compared to Colorado but still...

Not sure yet. Hopefully it will involve going through some ammo. Any Michiganders wanna get together? LOL

where you at im in lenawee county

Not sure yet. Hopefully it will involve going through some ammo. Any Michiganders wanna get together? LOL

where you at im in lenawee county if you got a good place i got a 1919 belt fed