• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I put spare ear plugs in there. I am not going to rebuild my gun in the field. Just about every time I go shooting, someone needs earplugs and doesn't have them.   And no, I am not diving into mud b

a copy of the bill of rights

Bail money.

Posted Images

weed stash, nahh im just kidding.LOL i use it for my tool kit that normally would go in the buttstock but i have a side folder. but right now its got small hooks fishing line matches a piece of mirror ect.... by the way i am from oklahoma your a fellow okie no?

weed stash, nahh im just kidding.LOL i use it for my tool kit that normally would go in the buttstock but i have a side folder. but right now its got small hooks fishing line matches a piece of mirror ect.... by the way i am from oklahoma your a fellow okie no?

I replied earlier with my phone but I guess it didn't go though. I was laughing at your weed stash because I was going to put that down as one of the options, even though I can't partake. You have some good ideas with the survivalist type stuff. Now I see some other good ideas posted by others. Maybe even a snakebite kit would be good? My favorite is the rocks and mud or you aren't training hard enough, lol. Yes, I'm from SW Oklahoma where everyone is packing!!!
  • Like 1

I agree with all of the above. Tools, fishing line/hooks, extra batteries, personal stash of your recreational choice, and whatever else you can fit in there. Promag has a picatinny rail attachment for extra storage space if needed.

There were so many good ideas on what to put in the grip that I couldn't make up my mind. So I just filled it up with silicone sealer. Problem solved!

You got that right! So many great ideas, I'm even more at a loss now as to what to do with it. I know one thing, I will have a knap-sack or alice pack with all the other chit in it. Guess I'll start in the morning putting mud and rocks in the grip!

I put a copy of my form1 in there.

I'm a dumbass, lol, what is form 1?

it's a form to make and register a NFA firearm, in this case a short barrel shotgun (SBS)

Thanks for the explanation! It scared me for a sec; I had to go google NFA and make sure my shotgun wasn't too short, lol. Edited by AK Okie

Mini-bar bottle of bourbon

Seriously though, right now mine has the lil wrench that came with my polychoke, which is also really nice as a castle nut wrench too. How bout a bundle of 550 cord though?

Um, maybe your pecker as your question is fucking stupid. Think about things you would want in the compartment to take care of the weapon. It's not for condoms and candy bars. What is the weapon? What is the pistol grip? Buttstock storage? If it is an AK with the stock cleaning kit and rod, maybe some patches, lube? Do you have any optics, lights, etc., requiring batteries? It's not that difficult to figure out what your weapon may need, especially when your (big) cleaning kit isn't with it. It's not for extra ammo either. If you have to dig out a couple of extra rounds from your pistol grip to save your ass...

• Like 2

A bore snake and a tool for cleaning the bolt probably the most practical. It doesn't take much to get a dirty weapon clean enough to work again. It doesn't hurt to have a cleaning rod handy, especially if you have a charging handle impingement or a round that is stuck in the chamber. On a random note you can put a condom over the muzzle to keep debris out (or there are plastic caps that fit over the muzzle out there).

I keep a "junk pouch" on my armor for extra batteries, toilet paper, pens, chem lights, 550 cord, lighter, VS-17 panel, etc.. pretty much anything random that isn't a med kit or ammo.