There are hundreds of billions of galaxies each of which contains hundreds of billions of stars, each of which (or in some cases, two or more of which, accounting for binary/trinary etc. systems) represents a system which likely contains planets and asteroids.

Modern science tells us there are between 1022 and 1024 stars in the known universe. That's somewhere between 100,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 (one hundred septillion) and 10,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 (ten octillion). Pretty huge range there - if we go with the lower end, say there are only 1022 stars in the universe. Then let's assume that the only life in the universe is the type that we recognize, that requires an even temperature range on a rocky planet, etc., to emerge - let's assume those conditions are insanely rare - that those conditions only exist in say, one in a million star systems, and that, 13.7 billion years into the existence of the universe, only a tenth of a percent of those star systems where life might take hold have actually had the phenomena occur. Even with those numbers, only one in a billion star systems harboring life - that would make for 200-400 star systems in our galaxy alone in which life has come into existence, and a total of approximately 1,000,000,000,000,000 (one quintillion) such places in the known universe.

These numbers are inconceivable to a human brain. I sure as shit can't comprehend what a quintillion really is. It comes down to probabilities - what are the chances that we are a one-in-one-hundred-septillion fluke? The emergence of life is a bizarre exception to the accepted rule of entropy. But I doubt it is the only one. I would argue that life is likely prevalent, that our galaxy is teeming with it. So very common that a spacefaring species wouldn't have much motivation for seeking out yet another primitive harmless species (or plural species) still firmly bound to its (or their) solar system. Probably that there's alien life? Extremely high. Probability that it has or is visiting us? Very low.

i get mad at that shit too shand. fuckin poachers. boooo.

Trophy hunters that waste the meat piss me off. I don't really give a shit about poachers - if you want to take a deer to feed you and yours, in a state with an overpopulation problem, without doing paperwork and paying the state for taking care of a problem, well, that's up to you. Whether you buy a deer tag or not, you're a piece of shit if you kill a deer, chop off the head and waste the rest of the animal.

damn shand. thats a lot of comprehension brotha! but good point in the end. i like to think that we are not alone in this fucking enormous space. and for those that do, then thats on them. and the point you made about them seeking us, i do agree that it is unlikely that they would seek us out just to say high. if they have the tech to travel this far, then they have the tech to turn us to dust in an instant, and more than likely have an intention to do so..

but poor ol big foot man. he didnt stand a chance to the 50ae to the head. oops. and i dont know if id kill him right off, but he showed signs of aggression then id have to.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I am not a truther, a conspiracy theorist and don't own any tin foil hats but.... I am a leaner on the side of the fence that BF or something like it is real. I was born and raised in southwest Was

If you do not believe in Bigfoot, you never met my first wife's mother.

There's definitely creatures in the woods that haven't been discovered yet, IMO. Hell, just a few years ago, they found some 200LB goat like animal somewhere in Asia that had never been known to even

Posted Images

There's definitely creatures in the woods that haven't been discovered yet, IMO. Hell, just a few years ago, they found some 200LB goat like animal somewhere in Asia that had never been known to even exist. Sure, it's not a 7' ape. But still, a 200LB animal that had never been known to exist or had been seen before? I have to believe there's plenty of other stuff out there, waiting to be discovered.

I love watching shows about Bigfoot. It's one of my guilty pleasures.

I also think the same goes for ocean creatures. I'll bet there's many things that humans have yet to lay eyes on.

• Like 3

well they said the frilled shark was extinct for 2 million years and not that long ago a sick one came swimming to the surface of the pacific off the coast of japan...

sorry my first post in this thread read freels shark, but should have been frilled shark...but after reading more into it, its now deemed a "living fossil'....

Edited by Captain Hero

I sure as shit can't comprehend what a quintillion really is.

Re elect Obama and you will....

Sorry, couldn't help myself

Returning to our regularly scheduled entertainment......

well they said the frilled shark was extinct for 2 million years and not that long ago a sick one came swimming to the surface of the pacific off the coast of japan...

sorry my first post in this thread read freels shark, but should have been frilled shark...but after reading more into it, its now deemed a "living fossil'....

Also the Coelacanth -- now that is a freaky fish

• Like 3

I believe in Bigfoot. I just can't see how finding big prints at 14,000 foot elevation or out in the middle of nowhere on several continents could be hoaxed. I'm sure there are lots of undiscovered animals in the world. Just last year they found another tribe of Natives in the Congo that has never seen a modern man before. That sounded kinda stupid huh? Modern man. Geesh. Anyway, Captain Hero's Avatar keeps distracting me too. Don :)

Several thought-to-be extinct animals, fish, birds in remote hard to reach places have been found and "Giant Squid" have indeed been found when they were said to not exist. Who knows, maybe a type of up-right walking ape does exist in the wild that has yet to be found. I even recently watched a show about mermaids being seen in waters all around the world throughout history with cave drawings dating back thousands of years.

Anything is possible, would not be surprised at all if some are eventually found. Heck 600 hundred years ago the world was flat and if you thought differently, you were tortured and killed in the name of God.

There are at least pics of Bigfoot...........

big-foot-captured.jpg

• Like 3

Heck 600 hundred years ago the world was flat and if you thought differently, you were tortured and killed in the name of God.

What is your source for that info?

Edited by patriot

There is a mod on another gun forum I frequent who is convinced that every conspiracy on the planet is the result of a Zionist plot.

So maybe BF is too.

Either way, I'm sure BF will go great with rice or mashed potatoes and gravy.

Im on the fence when it comes to bigfoot....I know you guys couldn't wait to hear my take lol. Its kinda funny that on I think every continent there were and are sightings of large ape like creatures. They are all pretty much the same but have different names. It makes me think back to when the panda was first discovered. I think it was Teddy Roosevelt, before he became Pres, went on a hunting expedition in China. While there he saw a panda's pelt up on someones wall. He asked what it was and they told him it was the pelt of a black & white vegetarian bear that lives in bamboo forests, he didn't believe the vegetarian bear part lol. Well after that his son and nephew I think went on an expedition just to find it, thinking it would be easy to spot a black & whit bear in bamboo. It wasn't and I think it was like 50 years or something till they did find and capture one. Now if bigfoot is smarter than a panda then it would probably take longer.

When it comes down to aliens its just a numbers game to me. This is what I think.....

On the low side of the estimate here is the number of stars in our galaxy the Milky Way

say 10% of those stars have planets

and 10% of the stars with planets have them in OUR habitable zone

and 10% of them have some sort of life(even bacterial)

and 10% of those have intelligent life(up to our standard)

and 10% of those that are intelligent have surpassed us(can travel through space freely)

So using that 10% rule there could be at least 1,000,000 possible civilizations out there that could reach us. I am not a creationist or evolutionist. I am a "ancient astronaut" theorist (I know your saying a "ancient astronaut theorist" AND a "truther"!) if you look at evolution its funny but to go from even the last hominid to us you would need at least 30 missing links to show a small change over time to get to us. Just look at our feet. We walk very complicated. First we land on our heel, then around the outside of our foot to the ball, then across the ball to the big toe and launch off from there and repeat. Now thats a little exaggerated but you get my point. Also look at the brain size. This isn't just a change it is a transformation. Look at the human race. We are starting our genetic tampering and our space exploration too. What if one of those 1,000,000 possibilities has a couple millennia head start on us? You have to get a new computer every year to keep up now...think about what we will have in a couple thousand years!

Also look at the StarChild skull....very different. Some say it was just a fluke of human genetics but it ha MORE brain capacity than us and the bone is infused with "fibers" making it stronger!

post-34773-0-96068700-1342965371.jpg

Edited by BLK-HWK-VET
  • Like 2

Congenital hydrocephalus. Fluid fills the skull and deforms it. Thorough DNA testing has been done on that skull. It's plain, boring human of Native American descent.

My mind is open when it comes to the ancient aliens theory. There are a lot of beliefs, and a lot of evidence that is extremely questionable, or in some cases outright factually incorrect. There are also lots of things that cannot be readily explained, like the supposed alien battle observed and recorded over Nuremberg in the 16th century. The biggest thing that makes me doubt the validity of that incident is the utter lack of physical evidence. A battle took place, and there is no wreckage? Fishy. Any discovered wreckage would've been extremely valuable and significant - its recovery would have been documented. The famous woodcut depicting said event:

http://www.altereddimensions.net/images/aliens/NurembergUFOWoodcut.jpg

It seems unlikely that advanced life would bother coming here.

It also seems likely that most intelligent species wipe themselves out before figuring out interstellar travel. As a function of time, the destructive potential of an individual goes up. We're probably only a few decades from the creation of retroviruses to treat disease becoming commonplace. Once that technology is relatively commonplace, the creation of an airborne retrovirus or retroviruses that can successfully kill the majority of the human populace becomes a real possibility. All it takes is one batshit crazy person with access to the tech. There are plenty of other doomsday scenarios that would either destroy a species, or set it back hundreds or thousands of years. Maybe most intelligent species are already dead.

• Like 2

http://robertlindsay...s-july-18-2012/

http://bigfootforums...oting-from-a-z/

http://www.olympicpr...t.com/id16.html

maybe we will find out about bigfoot soon..........or not.........

this is the biggest story in the bigfoot research field for the last 2 years and it still smells like ....well.....bigfoot....

Edited by read_the_wall

http://robertlindsay...s-july-18-2012/

http://bigfootforums...oting-from-a-z/

http://www.olympicpr...t.com/id16.html

maybe we will find out about bigfoot soon..........or not.........

this is the biggest story in the bigfoot research field for the last 2 years and it still smells like ....well.....bigfoot....

That story stinks of something fishy... I can't think of any reason that a couple of hunters would not retrieve the body of an unknown animal that they shot... and I cannot think of anyone in America that would not have immediately thought "Holy crap! Its a bigfoot!!" and called the local news.

Back when I was in my late teens... I was running the flag up the pole in the morning before work opened... I watched a very bright dot streak across the sky, just a short time before the sun popped over the horizon. It was a crystal clear morning, without a cloud anywhere... this dot ( imagine what VENUS looks like in the morning or evening sky... ) traced about 45 degrees of arc from my vantage point, moving faster than any airplane I have ever seen...( as my first thought to myself was it was a meteor... although it didn't go out... and kept going...) before it INSTANTLY and without any curve to its trajectory or slowing of its velocity, executed a perfect and instantaneous 90 degree turn, and ACCELERATED off towards space ( and the moon, which was also plainly visible ) and disappeared. :eek:

Now... I still, to this day, have no fucking idea WHAT it was I saw... but if I had to bet it was an EXTRATERRESTRIAL craft... controlled by beings from elsewhere... I would MAKE THAT BET!!! There is NOTHING we have that can "flip the bird" to the laws of physics as WE know them and execute 90 degree turns instantly like it did!!! :unsure::huh:

:smoke:

I have several large bridges for sale. laugh.png

If you can come up with a deed I'll buy the biggest one for TWICE what you paid for it!

It spans Buck Creek and I paid $10,000,000 for it. I'll get to typing up and printing off a deed for you today. haha.gif

after that freaking show...

I don't.

assholes find "sqatch" every 2 seconds...

I really want to think there is.

A friend that is a park ranger in Kansas, where they have some hills, had something follow him every day while on hikes for a few weeks, came to his cabin, and was peeking through the window of his bronco crouched over, I wish I sitll had the pic, it's of course blurry. But that was the thing that made me think maybe there is something to it, he was reluctant as hell to tell me. Kept saying something about a visitor at the edge of the tree/fence line, and I asked him to explain, he didn't tell me about it till a year after because he was afraid I would think he was crazy, and you could tell he had the heebie jeebies or whatever you want to call them.

I still want to join in a bigfoot "hunt" and if all else a good camping/hiking trip will be had *shrugs*

Hell some county in Washington lists Sasquatch on the endangered species list lol

They should re-do Destination Truth, and replace Josh with Jeremy Wade (River Monsters)!

Jeremy usually spends 10-14 DAYS around the location, and almost ALWAYS catches what he's after! 027.gif032.gif

(He obviously has a much better budget, too.) wink.png

Now... What kind of bait or lure would you use?! I think his tackle should work okay, since he can haul in a 400 lb. shark with it!

:D

Edited by Ronin38
  • Like 3