This comes as no suprise. When will these fucktards ever learn that banning the possession of such guns is not going to do anything to stop random acts of violence. Dumbass people will do this shit regardless if its a legal weapon or not. They can ban what they will. I wont give up shit.

The bad thing is that this one will likely be a permanant ban, and the first major step to full government takeover. The bolt guns and revolvers will follow after they secure the semi's. Bunch of horseshit.

• Like 3

This is nothing newand I think the best thing we as responsible gun owners can do is be the voice of reason to everyone that will listen. When I see liberals comments to these reports on the internet,I ask them what they would do if they are confronted with a criminal in their home. Plead for mercy and get none, call the police to come (after the fact) and investigate the crime scene? Or learn to use a gun and protect their family! We live in a world that has always been a dangerous place and we are ALL responsible for our own safety and protection. I dont know if this will get any converts but it is the best idea I have for something positive I can do.

• Like 4

I think the best thing we as responsible gun owners can do is be the voice of reason to everyone that will listen.

Spot on. We can't just say "don't ban guns." We need to present alternatives that will actually stop these atrocities. Top on my list is mental health.

• Like 1

She pushes this ban every year, if I'm not mistaken.

Yep. And every time, the Committee shitcans it.

ETA: She tried wordplay, and failed miserably.

"It will ban the sale, the transfer, the importation, and the possession. Not retroactively, but prospectively. It will ban the same for big clips, drums or strips of more than 10 bullets," she said. "There will be a bill."

Does she even know the meaning of the word?

Definition of PROSPECTIVE

: relating to or effective in the future

a : likely to come about : expected <the prospective benefits of this law>

b : likely to be or become <a prospective mother>

pro·spec·tive·ly adverb

Edited by Lone Eagle

oh, it's coming and it's going to make the 94 ban seem like a pro-gun law.

for those are hoping it will blow away, you obviously haven't paying attention to one key sentence obama stated, and I quote:

"take meaningful action, regardless of the politics,"

Edited by Matthew Hopkins

As they talk about it you doe'nt think they look at gun sales and see it's at an all time high more than likely and say this might not be the best idea when the mics and cameras are off ??? I'm starting to think they may just play it to keep there dipshit voters where they need them and not cause all out chaos with the gun owners. How many union democrats that work blue coller jobs hunt and own sporting guns like AKs and ARs just to shoot for fun? They doe'nt want to get to crazy. Now you might have teachers thinking it may not be bad to pack some heat. They have all summer to go to training. Sounds like fun to me. Where do I sign up. Damn have that hot substitute when your 16 with a Glock in her waistband.

Just a thought I had, under the fifth amendment property may not be seized without just compensation.

The average cost of $1200 per gun (should be about average). With the rough guess of 100 million semi autos, will require $120 Billion, plus the cost of secure destruction of $300 million. Economic impact will be in the range of 14-15 Billion annually. Job loss might not be crippling but it would be like Ford or GM closing its entire business over night.

As for the death toll of forced confiscation, I don't have an idea.. But 5,000 - 10,000 would probably be reasonably safe on the low end.

Sounds like a terrible idea on an unaffordable idea, on top of an even worse idea.

• Like 3

Just a thought I had, under the fifth amendment property may not be seized without just compensation.

The average cost of $1200 per gun (should be about average). With the rough guess of 100 million semi autos, will require $120 Billion, plus the cost of secure destruction of $300 million. Economic impact will be in the range of 14-15 Billion annually. Job loss might not be crippling but it would be like Ford or GM closing its entire business over night.

As for the death toll of forced confiscation, I don't have an idea.. But 5,000 - 10,000 would probably be reasonably safe on the low end.

Sounds like a terrible idea on an unaffordable idea, on top of an even worse idea.

While I do agree with what you said, I dont think they compensated the folks that they stole property from during Katrina. And they likely wouldnt do it this time. Especially if there is bloodshed. Just a though.

That crazy COW pushes out another legislative turd every time she thinks she can exploit the blood of the innocent to nourish the agenda.

Make no mistake, these people all know full well that gun laws only effect the law abiding. The purpose of their agenda is to disarm their opposition. There is no lower limit to how far they will stoop to achieve that agenda. Fast and furious for example.

If I could find any evidence that a law, ban, restriction, registration, license, or any other federal or state regulation on gun control would save innocent lives I would be open to the conversation. HOWEVER; It has been proven over and over through extensive research and statistical analysis that gun control laws have exactly the opposite effect.

John Lott; More guns less crime.

He has a tough time communicating verbally but his research is impeccable.

You all know the bumper sticker speak. " Outlaw guns and only outlaws will have guns" " The only ones who will abide gun laws are law abiding citizens" and so on and so on. IT'S NOT ENOUGH ANYMORE! This has become a battle of Good and Evil. CHOSE A SIDE !

We need to know the facts. Almost without exemption these mass murder shootings have occurred in "gun free zones". Nobody would put a sign in front of their own house stating ( THIS IS A GUN FREE HOME ) yet Feinswine and the corrupt scum in the current administration would have us all live under that same sign. Facts are stubborn things. We need to be able to articulate them in an intelligent manner. We need to make our voices heard. The founding fathers knew this day would come. The 2nd amendment is paramount to all other civil liberties. Now it's our responsibility to protect it for posterity.

Please find a way to become part of the solution!

The only legal way to pass legislation is via the House, which is massively Republican controlled.

Write your Republican representative, let him know that this is when they stand up for why they were

elected. If they vote for gun control, we vote for their opponent.

• Like 1

Heck, after USMC (86) had a handed down M1A, never was into plastic stocked weapons. Heck, I carried a Mossberg while serving. Long range, accurate, bolt weapon, or scatter gun for up close fire power. Wheel gun or 1911 for side arm. Ruger Mini 14 in patrol vehicle. Never really paid attention to high capcity weapons in gun store prior to 94 ban. Just not my thing. Plentiful, reasonable priced, Now have a vault full, into youth shooting and help at concealed carry courses. Amazing how gov. action can change your attitude.

I know this, they do a ban the economy will tank again! Most all the small manufactures went into weapon related items to recover and let me tell you, it is at a lot! They better think this one through!

I was just browsing reddit (aka not working) and was extremely surprised by the comments to this meme...

meme

Comments

For those that don't already know, Reddit is no stranger to liberal opinion, but it looks like even the most hard core liberal can see that approaching the gun control debate by re-instating the AWB is a terrible idea.

Was also surprised by the support for gun ownership and open carry by self-proclaimed liberals. It's interesting that opinions expressed in the comments there are similar to the comments I've read on this (extremely conservative) forum over the past two days.