• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Dumb bitch scratched your truck

Glad you're OK. BMW the ultimate driving machines rarely seem to have the ultimate drivers.

Glad you are OK. Looks like she will need one of those $29.99 dent puller thingies on late night TV.

Posted Images

Be prepared for a fight. The insurance will lowball you on the first offer. If they decide to total it, scream, "REPLACEMENT!!!!!" That was your primary vehicle, and they are obligated to replace it with a similar make/model/options(except aftermarket parts/stereo).

They paid me what the market price in my area was going for and then we waited out the other Insurance company.

This gave them the idea that I was going to litigate. Five months later and 4 offers we received all the money we wanted.

The only down side was I was real slow pheasant hunting.

If you want to the truck back to put back on the road, make sure they do NOT total it. With most insurance companies, a vehicle can only be totaled ONCE, so you can't get full coverage insurance anymore.

If they total it, I'm of the thought of buying the total back, finding a 3/4 gas truck and doing a drivetrain swap. You would double the value of the gas truck in a couple of weekends. See it for a tidy profit and no rebuilt title. :)

Termite, dude, you don't have to shout SORRY to me. I don't claim to know diesel values (which I why I said maybe more).

My point was that I think the truck is worth more than it will be to fix that, thus, not totalled.

My apologies, didn't mean to scream at you. The truck is definantly worth more that it would take to fix it, and these beast get great fuel mileage and will pull the gates off hell if the chain don't break. I left at 2:00 a.m this morning, drove to east GA, worked and then came home this afternoon, and running mine at 70-80 mph, I am getting about 26 mpg, and still have plenty of power left to pass and move in traffic. The only thing I don't like about my 05 vs my old 1992, is with the 92, I had changed the injectors, "played" with the pump, and when need be, I could lay down a smoke screen from hell and be gone like a bullet, my 05 just barely puffs when nailed, but black smoke is unburned fuel and wasted money.

My insurance rep just called to give me an update. Turns out she was involved in another wreck April 14th, and mine on April 24th. Bitch is on a roll. Someone needs to stop her before she kills someone.

I think your truck may have done that. Glad your okay. Was this on our local news?

• Like 2
Glad your ok

^^^this^^^^

Physics is a bitch if you don't grasp the basic concepts.

You can keep your Volvos / SAAB's and air-bagged-filled "crumple zone" cages.

There is no substitute for mass x velocity2.

Macbeau....

• Like 1
Termite, dude, you don't have to shout SORRY to me. I don't claim to know diesel values (which I why I said maybe more).

My point was that I think the truck is worth more than it will be to fix that, thus, not totalled.

My apologies, didn't mean to scream at you. The truck is definantly worth more that it would take to fix it, and these beast get great fuel mileage and will pull the gates off hell if the chain don't break. I left at 2:00 a.m this morning, drove to east GA, worked and then came home this afternoon, and running mine at 70-80 mph, I am getting about 26 mpg, and still have plenty of power left to pass and move in traffic. The only thing I don't like about my 05 vs my old 1992, is with the 92, I had changed the injectors, "played" with the pump, and when need be, I could lay down a smoke screen from hell and be gone like a bullet, my 05 just barely puffs when nailed, but black smoke is unburned fuel and wasted money.

My 3/4 ton 12 valve 4x4 extended cab with one ton rearend Ram is getting 25mpg with 247,000 miles. I'm the second owner. Origional owner upkept everything on it religiously, all papers. The only thing not origional is 3:55 gears, bigger tires and rims, and a Jake brake. Most folks don't believe I'm getting that kind of mpg, but that's wht she's gettin'. I think the gear change has a lot to do with it.

Oh yeah, I got the Earl Sheib's Platnium lifetime paint job on her, Rancher front grill guard bumper, air bags on rear and a Titan class V hitch for her. I love my Ram!

For some reason, BMW's always seem to be driven by the biggest douchebags and the most inconsiderate drivers in the land.

The difference between a porcupine and a BMW?

A porcupine is a lot more honest. It carries it's pricks on the outside where you can see them!

Edited by G O B
  • Like 2

+1 Either the car takes the impact or you do. All that CARnage is evidence of the energy being transferred into the work of shredding metal rather than flattening driver.

Your insurance might provide a lawyer for your side, but I think you might be able also choose one of your own and get the Ins. to pay for him depending on state and policy. Read that part of your policy a half sentence at a time. Diagram it if you have to. The insurance co's guy will work for your Ins. company first and you a very distant second, and only when you and the insurance company's goals overlap. Getting things over with fast without an expensive fight is much more important to them than putting you back where you started is. Also, ask the lawyer who he represents, them or you. He has to tell you, and he can't represent both if your interests conflict. If he's your lawyer, you are in charge and get to say what you will settle for and what you won't. If you don't make it very clear to your lawyer how you want things to work, he will do whatever he thinks is best for you.

Update: Sorry guys, been away getting ready for my daughters boat race this weekend. If any of you own boats, you will understand. I'm FUCKING pissed!!!!!!! They totaled my truck and want to settle for 15K... BULLSHIT! I kindly declined and contacted an ambulance chaser well known in the Houston area. They surveyed me by phone to see if I was a good case. Met their criteria, was asked to come to their Galleria area tower. Sumbitches own their own floors of a pretty dam tall skyscraper. My guidance counselor sure steered me wrong...Anyway, met with them and told them what I was trying to recover. ONLY WHAT I LOST. Kept telling me that I needed to see their doctor. I kept telling them, I spent the night in the hospital and had every CT Scan and XRAY prove that nothing was injured. I am not hurt. Well they did not want my case due to me not being, "One of THEM GUYS" So now, I'm in search for a Property Damage attorney. I'm sorry I''m not one of them guys. I will sleep better at night. I'm no cheater or liar. Just want what is owed. .So, only time will tell. This is going to be a long fight. Meanwhilke I'm sure ol' Ms. drugged up rich bitch is probably back out on the road in her new Mercedes. looking for her next victim...Sorry for the rant. Boat racing is a big part of my families life during the season. That stress combined with my truck made me want to vent....On another note, bought me another Yugo yesterday. Damn, I love their rifles

• Like 1
Update: Sorry guys, been away getting ready for my daughters boat race this weekend. If any of you own boats, you will understand. I'm FUCKING pissed!!!!!!! They totaled my truck and want to settle for 15K... BULLSHIT! I kindly declined and contacted an ambulance chaser well known in the Houston area. They surveyed me by phone to see if I was a good case. Met their criteria, was asked to come to their Galleria area tower. Sumbitches own their own floors of a pretty dam tall skyscraper. My guidance counselor sure steered me wrong...Anyway, met with them and told them what I was trying to recover. ONLY WHAT I LOST. Kept telling me that I needed to see their doctor. I kept telling them, I spent the night in the hospital and had every CT Scan and XRAY prove that nothing was injured. I am not hurt. Well they did not want my case due to me not being, "One of THEM GUYS" So now, I'm in search for a Property Damage attorney. I'm sorry I''m not one of them guys. I will sleep better at night. I'm no cheater or liar. Just want what is owed. .So, only time will tell. This is going to be a long fight. Meanwhilke I'm sure ol' Ms. drugged up rich bitch is probably back out on the road in her new Mercedes. looking for her next victim...Sorry for the rant. Boat racing is a big part of my families life during the season. That stress combined with my truck made me want to vent....On another note, bought me another Yugo yesterday. Damn, I love their rifles

Where is YOUR insurance company at with all of this? If you had full coverage (I should hope, that's a valuable rig), it should be about restoring you to your previous status (a truck of equal value) and letting the insurance lawyers fight it out.

I've point blank asked my agent about situations like this and that is what I was told. YOUR insurance company should step up and make it right if the other guy won't, then they lock horns and hash it out.

Now... You're operating in the real world and I just asked a question... Reality may differ!

On a different note, I would take the $15k in a heartbeat if they also let me KEEP the truck... The running gear is worth $7500 or more. You'd make money on that deal.

Where is YOUR insurance company at with all of this? If you had full coverage (I should hope, that's a valuable rig), it should be about restoring you to your previous status (a truck of equal value) and letting the insurance lawyers fight it out.

I've point blank asked my agent about situations like this and that is what I was told. YOUR insurance company should step up and make it right if the other guy won't, then they lock horns and hash it out.

Now... You're operating in the real world and I just asked a question... Reality may differ!

On a different note, I would take the $15k in a heartbeat if they also let me KEEP the truck... The running gear is worth $7500 or more. You'd make money on that deal.

You bet I had full coverage and I am with ALLSTATE. Talked with them today and when I mentioned seeing the attorney, they kind of changed their tune, just a bit. Seems they want me to make a claim against her insurance. I responded, that's what i pay you to do. pretty much the rest of the conversation was...blah, blah, blah. The girl is still in jail, so her insurance has not claimed responsibility yet. Off to Port Neches Texas, where my team will rescue for Riverfest. My daughter and I will be competing in the SST 45 class. Any of you coonasses and fellow Texans want to have a good time and see some kick ass tunnel boat racing, come on down. Just ask for the Chief of Rescue, and I will get you pit passes. I will deal with this stuff when I get back....Mike

• 2 weeks later...

Now I have AC/DC stuck in my head. Kick-ass rig, dude.

If they did total the old rig, see about doing a "buyback". I did that on a Shelby Dodge I had, then parted it out, and they only charged me crush value. The powerplant went in a similar vehicle I bought. Wish I hadn't let my wife talk me into selling it to her cheapskate cousin who let her spoiled brat wrap it around a bridge abutment. bad_egg.gif

Well, it's not brand new. I debated over this or the 2013 for a week or so. Ireally did not want to take the hit on a new truck. It's 4 years newer than my old one. This has the 6.7 Cummins w/ the MUCH better 6 speed tranny. The previous owner souped up the motor with too many to list, high performance motor and drive train gear. Mega cab w/ Laramie package, Eagle Black Out Custom wheels w/ Goodyear Wrangler tires. Custom suspension, Pace Edwards Tonneau cover,Black widow headache rack, AFE pipes and exhaust, Reese brake system, H&S Performance Diesel Tuner, Cameras, remote locking tail gate, remote start, I could go on & on...It's got 30K miles on it and was very well taken care of. It was either this for 27K or the 2013 for 49K. My last truck I spent 60 K and did not get shit for it when it was totaled. Valuable lesson learned. They are installing LoJack tomorrow and the nerf bars, ranch hand front and rear grills and bumpers etc... next week.