whats the latest on the FBMG mags?

That's fine - and you will pay a higher price. Yes, I supose that us "pioneers" are taking a risk, but IMHO, a very small one.

I fully expect that the FBMG folks will not ship these until they are satisfied with thier quality, fit and function.

I am working on a new product myself and I can tell you that it won't go on the market until I am personally satisfied that its right - and that it will function properly, is safe and worth every penny that I ask for it.

Edit: What I meant to say is that I won't ship the product until its right - nothing wrong with pre-selling, especially if you give a discount. Just wanted to clarify that.

Edited by O.S.O.K.

Take no risk and live as safely as you possibally can, when you are old and have no stories to tell your grandchildren- They can come over to one of the rest of houses and listen to OUR stories.

When you take no risk you are living--NOT ALIVE!

Based on what I have read here the past three months was good enough for me to buy 6 of the 20 rd mags and a Saiga .308 from FBMG and Tony.

From all reports on the board, they are stand up guys and I'm looking forward to getting them soon.

So I've got 600 bucks invested in a group of guys I've never met, but I feel it is a no brainer and a very very low risk proposition.

I've been looking for a low cost start up .308 battle rifle with a good capacity of rounds and this combo works for me.

Where in the hell are the mags guys?

I know some of you must already have them in hand so where's the range report?

The suspense is killing me as well as the $600 I want to drop on these mags once they start shipping is burning a nasty hole in my pocket..

No, nobody has them in hand yet. We are still waiting for pieces to come in so we can assemble them. This whole thing has been more difficult than we thought, but if it was easy everyone would be doing it and they would have done it a long time ago.

No, nobody has them in hand yet. We are still waiting for pieces to come in so we can assemble them. This whole thing has been more difficult than we thought, but if it was easy everyone would be doing it and they would have done it a long time ago.

I convinced a good friend of mine to buy an S308 and 10+ of your mags instead of a SOCOM 16 because I thought they would already be shipping by now so hopefully things will start to go more smoothly for you.

Is there any hope of having mags in hand before the Aug 22nd? :angel:

Maybe when I bought mine I misunderstood but

I thought the end of August was a "hoped for" date and not a promise.

If I get mine by the end of September and they're right, I'm fine with that.

First and foremost PrvtPyl, I want them to fit right, function right and not break.

:blues: Burboy

A magazine seems deceptively simple, but make no mistake- it's a complex mechanism. Making one that works "perfectly" is a real challenge.

I'm sure that the good folks at FBMG are doing everything in their power to make this happen.

I convinced a good friend of mine to buy an S308 and 10+ of your mags instead of a SOCOM 16 because I thought they would already be shipping by now so hopefully things will start to go more smoothly for you.

Is there any hope of having mags in hand before the Aug 22nd? :angel:

I dont know if they will be ready by then. We never made any promises on exact dates, we are doing the best we can. But keep in mind a few things.

1- This is a new product and we are developing it from some drawings. Now that should make it simple enough, and it looks like it has been on that side. We have tested a proto type and it worked perfectly.

2- We are not making the parts in house. We are gun store and training company. We have sub'd this work out to manufactures who have the tools to do the job. Sometimes you run into delays on the parts or molds and thats just teh way it is. Nothing you can do about it.

3- And not to sound like a dick, but I will give you your money back at any time. This is not the Shrike or the XCR. We have learned a great many lessons from other companies, and we intend to deliver. Our reputation in the industry is on the line here and I am not sitting in this building that we rent to make myself feel good. We are here to do business. Period.

So if at any time you or you buddy want their money back, say the word. I will happily refund the money and move on to the next customer. You guys took a chance on us, and we appreciate it and will come thru. But if it is not done by your birthday (or mine :D ) it is not because we are not working on it. And because you guys took a chance on us, we will completely understand if you have set a particular date in your mind and want your money back if we dont hit it. No hard feelings, no problems.

We will keep everyone posted as things come in and we begin assembly of the parts. We will also let everyone know when they begin shipping. But we will not be notifying everyone individually by email. Watch the boards and our web site. They will ship in the order we received them.

hanks again for everyones faith in us and patience.

Geez...............why is everyone so impatient?

Don't forget that the estimated time of shipment is subject to change, especially with new-to-market items.

All the better whether you realize it or not.

Another thing you shouldn't forget is that if it weren't for the balls of a dedicated company like FBMG, you would have NOTHING to be antsy about, and would still be trying to figure out ways to create varying franken mags and existing mag modifications.

For the very LIMITED, and DEDICATED fans of Saigas, FBMG seized upon a product of LIMITED marketability to satisfy YOU, the Saig 308 owner.

So relax.........all of us who pre-ordered the mags may be part of something that totally blows the Saiga 308 market through the roof, which will inevitably lead to more manufacturers creating many excellent additional products for the Saiga series, ie stocks, rail systems, fore ends, etc.

I am sure that in such an instance, FBMG will not forget the loyal customers who were there from the start(and weren't constantly bitchin').

:smoke:

Edited by headshot

I'm not bitchin' one bit. I have always told my vendors to take their time and get it right. If these mags show up before Christmas and work flawlessly, then I am going to be a real happy camper. If they show up in September and work like crap , then I am not going to be very happy.

Bottom line, I will trade time for a quality product everytime.

I'm not eager and hyperventalating about the mags. I have plenty of toys to play with and I hope the mags ship once they are 100%.

/Breaths into paper bag, checks site every 30 seconds for updates, all while ignoring my entire collection. :rolleyes:

//Seriously, don't ship until they are 100%.

And because you guys took a chance on us, we will completely understand if you have set a particular date in your mind and want your money back if we dont hit it. No hard feelings, no problems.

hanks again for everyones faith in us and patience.

The date I have in mind is the date they arrive, whenever that happens to be. :smoke:

This thread has only been active for less than a month so let's keep perspective on the recent delay. As stated given the critical nature of the magazine as related to the rifle the concern should be on getting it right. While it seems simple as there are only 4 basic parts - body, follower, spring and base plate it is really a complex mechanism. Let's assume base plate is a gimmie as an easy to produce item that leaves 3 main components that have to work together in harmony. With other 308 caliber aftermarket mags for other rifles we have seen plenty evidence of follower springs, followers and magbodies having structural integrity and tolerence problems which caused the magazines to not work correctly. So you can see FBMG has product issues to deal with while they have to worry about keeping their 3 rd. party parts suppliers on schedule, deal with concerns of insurance costs related to should the product fail and cause injury and continue to operate their primary store business. We should all be impressed FBMG is attempting to deliver the initial product at a price point under $60 given the r&d that has to go into making a 30 cal. magazine. Think about the new HK 223 mags that cost over $50 - how much of that is HKr&d ?

Edited by 24kshooter

I put the Arsenal USA gaspiston in my S-.308 yesterday, so whenever the mags come, I am ready.

I plan to be the busiest constructor around. Insert USA mag-10 parts,construct USA weapon. Insert 8rd. Russian mag, construct forign weapon'legal to import. Insert USA mag-construct USA weapon

Repeat ad infinitum ,ad nauseum!

B)-->

QUOTE(G O B @ Aug 20 2006, 09:51 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I put the Arsenal USA gaspiston in my S-.308 yesterday, so whenever the mags come, I am ready.

I plan to be the busiest constructor around. Insert USA mag-10 parts,construct USA weapon. Insert 8rd. Russian mag, construct forign weapon'legal to import. Insert USA mag-construct USA weapon

Repeat ad infinitum ,ad nauseum!

Do they have a web site to order the gas piston? Are they a good co. to do order from? Is there ant other co. that sells a reputal gas piston to fit in the Saiga 308? Does anyone know of one around the Dallas area?

Do I even need to replace my piston on my 308. Saiga its in factory stock.?