Picture Post,lets see your 7.62x39

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

And I have his cousin  

Here's my Arsenal/Mime (no fighting please) 7.62x39 Russian Red Saiga convert "desk conversation piece" and weekend warrior...  

This project was actually finished around this time last year, but I thought it was time to finally put it up for the Izhmash/Saiga purist like myself out in the crowd.     While it's nothing s

Posted Images

"Wow. Are you sure you have that flash suppressor installed correctly? My Saiga doesn't even do that, and with the exception of the piston and magazines its stock!"

Not a flash hider, its a muzzle break. And that my friend, is a muzzle break doing its job properly (notice no muzzle rise). Fantastic Pic.

My first and newly converted 7.62x39. I've owned many AK clones through out the years but this is by far my favorite.

1000505mb8.jpg

is that a c-more? got more pics? how's the reticle.

Yep it's a c-more. I can take some more pics but it's nothing special. Just a 4 MOA dot (you can change them from 2-16 MOA) on it. I really like the c-more's as they're light weight, low profile and tougher than I need them to be. I had one on a Springfield M1A SOCOM and it held up to the .308 recoil with no problems.

Seats 6, arms 8.

103email.jpg

Counter clockwise starting from top:

Mossberg 500 w/ the top folder, Tromix Saiga 12 factory length 19" w/ the Ace folder Krebs ghost rings MD20 Izhmash picatinny foreend, .50 Desert Eagle with the Hogue grips, Russian SKS with a cheap ass scope and 20 round Tapco duckbill mag, new unfired Chinese SKS-M with the 40 round Hungarian, another SKS-M with the Tapco T-6 stock modded to accept 75 round drum and with the cheese grater upper handguard, Saiga 7.62 with the 30 round Surefire, Glock 26 with the G18 mag.

That shit AINT RIGHT... :blink: :blink: LOL

Looks like it could double as a shoulder harness!!!

Lets see ya fold up your UNDERFOLDER with that sucker on there... I would like to see ya try THAT!! :haha: :haha:

:smoke:

The worst part is that is a 75rd, Centerfire is advertising a 100rd one...all I gotta say is good luck inserting it that 75rd one is tricky at best. BTW they arn't worth it that one dosen't feed to save its life, all show and no go

yeah, I personally think it looks yuck... reminds me of that one guy with finger nails so long he's in the guiness book of world records and you wonder why the hell he'd want finger nails that long when they look disgusting... I was in the military for 12 years and 2 30rd mags is perfect I think... if you can't find time to reload after expelling 60 rounds then you're either in the shit and... well, you should kiss your ass goodbye cuz doubtful you're fighting along side a 'squad' of other armed, like minded, compatriots and you're gonna die anywayz or you can't hit shit cuz you're spraying bullets haphazardly and you shouldn't rely on your gun to save your ass and again... you should kiss your ass goodbye or run away... wtf do you need a 75 round magazine for? I think it looks akin to those idiots that have a $300 car with $500 fake chrome idiot wheels... or having a monster truck and you live in a trailer park... or having satelite tv and you can't afford your rent. I'm just saying that's what it reminds me of.

Plus it's freaking heavy! That's a lot of extra metal to carry around if you're not in the muck. It's just not functional in my honest opinion. Like bling wheels on a crap car. Useless.

Seats 6, arms 8.

103email.jpg

Counter clockwise starting from top:

Mossberg 500 w/ the top folder, Tromix Saiga 12 factory length 19" w/ the Ace folder Krebs ghost rings MD20 Izhmash picatinny foreend, .50 Desert Eagle with the Hogue grips, Russian SKS with a cheap ass scope and 20 round Tapco duckbill mag, new unfired Chinese SKS-M with the 40 round Hungarian, another SKS-M with the Tapco T-6 stock modded to accept 75 round drum and with the cheese grater upper handguard, Saiga 7.62 with the 30 round Surefire, Glock 26 with the G18 mag.

got any more pics of that SKS-M with the tapco stock? That setup is sweet!

I love my saiga. It was love when I first picked it up at the gun store. :wub:

th_saigas.jpg

th_g.jpg

Mods/Accs:

Promag Ak47 Scope Mount

2 30rd Promag Mags. (traded the enfield for the mags and some ammo)

Nikon Buckmaster 3-9x40 Scope

Sanded and polished contact surfaces of bolt carrier and hammer 280, 400, then some jewelers rouge with dremel. (much smoother operation)

Filed a groove on the safety to hold the bolt back.

Stuff on the way:

UTG Quad Rail

FSC47 Compensator

Gun-Tech Folding Bipod 8"-11"

14:1 LH Threading Kit

Stuff to order:

American Made Gas Piston 1 Comp. Comp Part

American Made FCG 2 Comp. Parts

Man I wish I would have picked up this gun hobby earlier. Much cheaper than the car hobby.

Cheers

Edited by Coal_forge

here's mine in stock conversion furniture and then in romanian wood with 10/30 mags. still need to add the mag lock. just did the wood with minwax sedona red and clear urethane. still waiting on my lower handguard retainer to come in. for 922 i got tapco trigger group for 3 and tapco stock for 1 for a total of 4. i will be getting new mag floor plates for when i use the wood set.

post-15161-1232150941_thumb.jpg post-15161-1232150924_thumb.jpg

Edited by nismobishi
The wood on that looks very nice! Very-nice looking rifle you have there.

thank you. when i got the stock set it was very nasty. lots of old coating chipping of and it sure looked aged. i was gonna chop off the foregrip but i thought i would try it out first, but now that the finish is so nice i cant take a saw to it so foregrip it is!

Edited by nismobishi