Who else is a glock fan?

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Been doing research on the 357 sig. Thinking about a Glock in that caliber. All I have now is a Beretta 92 Inox. I can still keep buying 9mm bullets for reloading and brass seems to be easier to acquire now. Also, Secret Service, U.S. Marshalls carry 357 sig. as well as other Departments. The idea was to create a 357 comperable auto-loader. Any info guys??? Anyone shoot one? The ballistics look good. Input before buying please. Thanks.

These are great for shooting through windshields and car doors. It's one of the reasons TX DPS carries them.

.40 and .45 are better when not shooting through windshields and car doors IMHO.

Bought a Glock 19 to "just play with" but this thing is great, YEH, it was used, but sights are dead on, gun is clean as a whistle, and came with 2 15 round mags. Can't complain with $215.00, and I also can stick the 33 rounders in it when I walk momma's "little bitty baby" at night. The damn 33 round mag wieghs more than she does, but with the pits running loose and coyotes at night, if 33 rounds won't stop them, then EAT the dog, I'm outta here. :):)

• 2 weeks later...

I have good experience with G22... always good when some one hands you a loaded G22 with loaded high cap mags and says "go do some shooting, ammo is in the cardboard box on the lawn chair use it up, I don't want to carry it back to the truck"!!

thanks buddy! i'm about to jump on the glock wagon!

can't believe it. i've always hated polymer pistols especially the glock grip. can't explain it really b/c it seems that it's growing on me. the more i handle it, the more i like it.

my main motive for going glock is i need the toughest pistol out there.

i need "the ak of pistols".

i need one that i can carry while logging, atv riding, scouting, fishing, etc. something that i don't care if it gets muddy, full of sand, sawdust, wood chips, etc.

guess i went with the right choice.

thanks!

scored me one fellas!

lightly used g17 with night sights, 2 17 round mags.

$360! should be here hopefully by the end of the week!

can't wait to try er out!

one big question........is it ok to shoot steel cased barnaul ammo through these guns?

for $4.86 a box it would be more economical, but would it be excessively hard on the gun?

Glocks can handle steel cases fine.

Dunno, think I'll be getting rid of my G27. It's too "Glocky". It's too springy (slaps my hand repeatedly for each fire), too long (need an inch shorter slide), wrong wrist angle for me, and I don't like to lock my wrist while firing...

But they are durable guns...

thanks buddy! i'm about to jump on the glock wagon!

can't believe it. i've always hated polymer pistols especially the glock grip. can't explain it really b/c it seems that it's growing on me. the more i handle it, the more i like it.

my main motive for going glock is i need the toughest pistol out there.

i need "the ak of pistols".

i need one that i can carry while logging, atv riding, scouting, fishing, etc. something that i don't care if it gets muddy, full of sand, sawdust, wood chips, etc.

guess i went with the right choice.

thanks!

Great choice man! Happy birthday! I always like to buy myself a gun for B Day too :smoke: Maybe on this particular occasion you should have gotten the baby 9 ;-) (G-26) That's a great price too BTW! Especially for one with night sights.

It is indeed the AK of pistols. Do a search for the punishing tests the glock has endured and passed with flying colors. They are as tough as any AK. You can freeze it, drown it, bury it in mud or sand, run it dry, abuse it, and generally beat the hell out of it and it will ALWAYS work with good ammo. Some people don't like the safety system but most don't know it has three safeties. It's been drop tested from a helicopter to concrete fully loaded and not only did it not discharge but they picked it up and shot it afterwards. It has the fewest number of parts of any semi auto handgun and just like the AK it can be completely field stripped, all that is necessary for cleaning, with no tools, just your hands. Some don't like the grip angle but it was intentionally designed that way for good reasons. I'll see if I can scan and post a good article I have about that. Speaking of the grip, you said you didn't really care for it. Try something many have done to improve it. Hogue makes a rubber "slip on" grip that is a real improvement IMO. It has finger grooves and palm swells. (There's one pioctured on Pointer's Glock on the first page of this topic) What I didn't like about the original grip was the flat sides and this Hogue grip fits my hand like a glove. It's also much grippier with sweaty hands. I've got some cool shit in this Glock magazine I'm gonna scan and post. Here are a few torture tests...

post-1293-1175009143_thumb.jpg

Here are some of the things that make the Glock what it is.

post-1293-1175014411_thumb.jpg

Here's the article about the birth of the handgun of the future.

post-1293-1175013940_thumb.jpg post-1293-1175013657_thumb.jpg post-1293-1175013671_thumb.jpg

And this is just an awesome picture of what I wish I could do with mine! Any of you master gunsmiths out there know if there is a way to port an existing G-17 barrel and slide? JamShot you are probably the most qualified to answer this question?

post-1293-1175013684_thumb.jpg

scored me one fellas!

lightly used g17 with night sights, 2 17 round mags.

$360! should be here hopefully by the end of the week!

can't wait to try er out!

one big question........is it ok to shoot steel cased barnaul ammo through these guns?

for $4.86 a box it would be more economical, but would it be excessively hard on the gun?

Steel cases are fine but don't shoot lead bullets.

A quote from Glock...

"Glock rifling is polygonal or octagonal for better bullet-to-bore seal. Lead builds up more quickly in these types of rifling and the lead buildup will increase chamber pressures to an unsafe level."

thanks for all that info cobra!

and thanks everybody for the "happy birthday"!

i know most of the basics when it comes to the glock but i have learned a good bit.

the one i got has the hogue slip on but not sure if i will like it. may take it off. i'm not too big on finger grooves.

i went and bought 500 rounds of brass cased monarch. was going to go with steel cased but figured i'd spend an extra $1 a box and save some years of life of the pistol.

i did a search for the glock torture test but could only pull up the sig tests! anybody got a link?

thanks again cobra for going through the trouble of getting those articles posted here!

My concealed to carry gun is a Glock 19. Looks great with my new 33 round mags.

DSC01925.jpg

I got a 21 on my 21st birthday last friday and got a 23c today from gander mountain for 450 on clearence (NIB)

• 2 weeks later...

I like Glock just fine. Would not call it the best ever, but it is up there. I have Glock 17 and Glock 31. Never had problem with either. Though never had problem with my CZ75B or Taurus PT92. Actually, I am more accurate with CZ75 then with glock 17, for some reason. Go figure. I do well with XD9 too.

All are great pistols, though for some reason M1911 is NOT my gun. I hate how it feels when you shoot it. I hate its' recoil, I hate its low ROF.

I shoot 1 handed, do not use weaver stance, so it is hard for me to control M1911. Glock is fine. I Installed a 6 inch barrel on my glock 31. BWAHAHAHA!!!!

• 5 weeks later...

Alright, I have finally joined the ranks. Picked up a Glock 21 at the shop yesterday. I love the thing. I put 100 rounds thru it and it is just great. Got the Glock light too. This may just be the new HD gun...

post-635-1178394154_thumb.jpg

just got back from the range (had to test out the 23)

I love the compensated setup the muzzle flash is awsome and it makes followup shots so much easier. The recoil is harder than my 21 (.45) but it could as be that it is a compact vs the full size.

What defense ammo are you using in your 23 ? I have been using Cor-Bon 135gr but am considering going to some thing heavier that is less likely to fragment. Others with a .40cal feel free to respond.

I like to use the 180 winchester Rangers

• 2 weeks later...
I love my G-17! I'll never sell it. It's just like an AK. You CAN'T mess it up and it will ALWAYS work with good ammo.

I really like the lighter trigger I put in it too. That used to be my only bitch about the gun.

Glocks and AKs go hand in hand! :super: