Who else is a glock fan?

I like Glocks, they make really good door stops. As far as them being a good gun, nope as they have the ergonomics of a 2x4 and a trigger only a bean counter lawyer would like. Glocks are the MicroSoft of the gun world, good for newbies or people who are not advanced skill wise to shoot real guns and Hollywood mythology. There is something intrinsically wrong with a gun that leaves railroad track marks on the back of my hand if I shoot it with a proper grip, after 100 rounds I have bloody railroad track. Gaston Glock, fix your bloody gun. Way behind on the ergonomics curve.

My Kimber Tactical had GREAT ergonomics. 50 dpi checkering, a pleasing "tacticool" finish, a great grip angle, and a name that makes people ooh and ahh at the range. It was really comfortable to hold while I was fixing FTF's on every other magazine. Customer service was GREAT both times I sent it in to get fixed. And after it still had trouble feeding, it got great resale value last saturday when I traded it in for a Glock 23 and cash!!

I agree, just six months ago I was a Glock hater, for two reasons: If you've only shot them a handful of times, they're really uncomfortable. They're so god damn popular, so I just had to be different.

I finally woke up and decided that a gun is a tool, not a piece of art or masturbatory aid, function is the primary concern. I've since gotten used the the Glock's quirks, and I'm friggin sold. I own two.

Edited by shaneman153a
  • Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

post-9136-1201849728_thumb.jpg

Glock17 w/Glock laser/flashlight combo

1000+ rounds fired, zero malfunctions

Went for the 9mm instead of the .357 sig because the sig rounds have noticeably more recoil. They're great too though. I give Glocks a big thumbs up. :up:

the factory sights suck though. they're clunky and plastic but a laser makes up for that big time.

Edited by mr47
Glock fan cause its uber cheap, for me at least, meh, i'm a Kimber hater, the people who OO and AHH for it at the range don't know quality, like Les Baer or Dan Wessen

Yeah, I still love the 1911, but I don't think I'll ever be able to gamble that much money on a high end model. I was actually going to go the other way and get a RIA some day. I've never heard people have problems with them.

Love the gun, hate the trigger.

Go to OPS and have Mike Hardeson do a TL2 conversion on it!!

Added:This is just the glock stuff I had within arm's reach..

GlockStuff.jpg

HOLY SHIT THAT'S A LOT OF 33RD CLIPS WHAT THE HELL DO YOU DO WITH THAT MANY? I'ma have to buy a couple more before you take em all! Do they fit the carbine you have pictured there?

ps my Glock made laser light combo looks WAY better than that clunky one I keep seeing on some peoples guns. :haha:

Edited by mr47

...railroad tracks on the back of your hands? :rolleyes: LOL

GET A GRIP :haha:

What the hell kind of "proper grip" are you using that places the back of your hand against the pistol anywhere?

<sits back and waits for an edumacation>

The Glock shovel....never really understood the idea of a high priced camping shovel......Great guns though!Glock 20 within the next 5 years in my future once I get in my new career and start reloading :devil:

"PS" My stainless steel Coleman trench shovel folds smaller,has a D handle and cost around $10.

Edited by THE_HUNTER
I like Glocks, they make really good door stops. As far as them being a good gun, nope as they have the ergonomics of a 2x4 and a trigger only a bean counter lawyer would like. Glocks are the MicroSoft of the gun world, good for newbies or people who are not advanced skill wise to shoot real guns and Hollywood mythology. There is something intrinsically wrong with a gun that leaves railroad track marks on the back of my hand if I shoot it with a proper grip, after 100 rounds I have bloody railroad track. Gaston Glock, fix your bloody gun. Way behind on the ergonomics curve.

Come on..admit it...you have never realy shot a Glock have ya :devil:

The Glock shovel....never really understood the idea of a high priced camping shovel......Great guns though!Glock 20 within the next 5 years in my future once I get in my new career and start reloading :devil:

"PS" My stainless steel Coleman trench shovel folds smaller,has a D handle and cost around $10.

Hunter I have to chime in on the Glock shovel. It's badass. I got mine about 10 or 12 yrs ago when I was spending a lot of time combing the woods and fields with a metal detector looking for "civil" war relics and stuff. Before I was given that $40 shovel as a gift, I was carrying around a 1955 US issue E tool that weighed about two or three times as much and didn't have that cool root saw inside the telescopic handle, that has netted me more than a few minie balls or buttons, I wouldn't have been able to chop my way to and rescue with that heavy ass Army shovel. Even with the E tool hanging in a pouch on my belt it was way more work to carry than the Glock in the same pouch. And it folds up nice and small if you need to pack it in a backpack or bag.

But the main thing about that $10 triangle handled camping shovel is it stores a lot better than it digs, if you are really trying to dig a hole, and not building sand castles...lol.

Sorry bro but I'm a firm believer in quality gear.

Edited by Cobra 76 two

i'll follow Saigaczech in what he said... really, i CANT comfortably handle a glock... but that's a very personal observation.

i have the same with a P99. it just feels 'off'. hell, i cant even shoot accurately with it (while having no trouble with a HiPower, FNP-9, Sig P226, Sig P220,...).

i'll follow Saigaczech in what he said... really, i CANT comfortably handle a glock... but that's a very personal observation.

i have the same with a P99. it just feels 'off'. hell, i cant even shoot accurately with it (while having no trouble with a HiPower, FNP-9, Sig P226, Sig P220,...).

I'm the same way with the P99, looks cool as hell, we just don't go well together.

The shovel is lightweight yet very strong and the edges can be sharpened(mine are).

I have dug some serious fire pits and latrine holes on camping trips and I chop small limbs for firewood with it,I don't see how someone who spends more than a couple of days at a time outdoors could live without a good E-Tool

I actually like my Russian wooden handled E-Tool better but I found out mine was a rare early WW2 relic and retired it :smoke:

Oh,by the way,it's not a "high priced camping shovel" it's the military issue Entrenching Tool for the Austrian Army...

Edited by SOPMOD
Love the gun, hate the trigger.

Go to OPS and have Mike Hardeson do a TL2 conversion on it!!

Added:This is just the glock stuff I had within arm's reach..

GlockStuff.jpg

HOLY SHIT THAT'S A LOT OF 33RD CLIPS WHAT THE HELL DO YOU DO WITH THAT MANY? I'ma have to buy a couple more before you take em all! Do they fit the carbine you have pictured there?

ps my Glock made laser light combo looks WAY better than that clunky one I keep seeing on some peoples guns. :haha:

LOL!!That's just what I keep in my mini bugout bag under my desk:D

I have more of them and will probably have over 100 of them by the time the Klintonistas seize power again :ded:

I've been tryin to find a pic or vid clip of the old 19 I converted to FA, just as a teaser so to speak. But that was lost in the last puter crash........I like to tease Shannon with the toys he never got to play with......before I retired, for the first time :haha:

...railroad tracks on the back of your hands? :rolleyes: LOL

GET A GRIP :haha:

What the hell kind of "proper grip" are you using that places the back of your hand against the pistol anywhere?

<sits back and waits for an edumacation>

A proper on, high on the backstrap, close to the bore axis to minimize muzzle flip. I have large hands and this is a common problem for people with "lumberjack" hands. The slide cycles across the back of the web of my hand. Oh, how do you hold your gun? With tongs? Or down by the but near the magazine well? Hmmm? I have seen lots of Glock shooters who hold the gun so there is daylight between the top of their hand and the backstrap, cupping the bottom of the grip, that in not proper, just popular in today's movies. Or do you use the "gangsta" sideways grip? Obviously, you have no idea how to properly hold a gun if you do not understand what I am talking about. Get some training.

Actually I have three in the safe. A G-17, G-26 and a G30. The G-30 is the best because it has enough plastic to prevent the slide from cycling across my hand. My wife is very active in GSSF and has placed 1st female in multiple states. If I shot the 26 or the 17 I have to put a large band-aid on the back of my hand to prevent injury due to the lack of beavertail. I tend to start bleeding after 100 rounds if I do not do this. I have shot in multiple GSSF matches and run sub 90 second average match totals for civilian and just over 64 seconds average in major sub with the G-30. I could do better if I shot the Glock more but my primary guns are a XD-9 or a CZ-75B, which are not allowed in GSSF for obvious reasons (they would blow the Glocks away). As Quigley said, "Never had much of a use for one, never said I could not use one."

Edited by Saigaczech

I know how to hold a pistol sir. I also know how to keep my hands out of the way of moving parts on guns. I did not know you had lumberjack mits I just heard you talking trash about a gun that just happens to be very popular with lots of people, even widely used in law enforcement, and not just here but at home in Austria. I don't like big heavy 1911s but I don't go around talking smack about them and saying the peoiple who have them are just newbies or don't know what they are doing. That's GHEY! I believe the name of the thread is "Who else IS a Glock fan?" Why do threads like that always bring out the haters?

Gaston Glock put a lot of thought into the specific shape and grip angle on the Glock frame. Maybe you should read up a little about that before you go talking crap about ergonomics. If you don't like Glocks fine, just respect others opinions too if they do like them.

Can't wait to get me some of those homeboy night sights so it will compliment my hollyweird shootin style and be easier to look cool while still hitting what I'm aiming at. :D;)

post-1293-1202337932_thumb.jpg

As Cobra said, it is just a part many folks contrary nature to hate the popular choice. The Glock is the popular choice for a reason, Millions have been spent evaluating it by agencies that could carry most any competitor they like. If you have something you like better, good for you. But that does not make the masses wrong or stupid.

I have had to shoot mine after they had been full of both full of mud and sand. I have shot one that had a 4000+ Lbs Corvette parked on top of it. I have shot one that had over 21,000 documented full power rounds thought it and it was being evaluated by a major competitor. I have a signed non-disclosure agreement with them but let me assure you, their engineers had nothing but jealous admiration for it!

The Glock is an excellent handgun.

I have a Glock22 which I have had for some time. It is my favorite gun to, well- um,yea, enjoy it it all around. I was on GunBroker the other night and saw two 15 rd. mags up for bid for $24.00. I could not pass them up. That was all it took to give me a Glock fever. After that I started to think what I could sell off to fund another Glock. That other gun I haven't fondled in a while, a Smith & Wesson 686 7 shot 357 I bought back in the early 90s just sits in my safe neglected from lack of interest. In my fever, I have decided to try to sell it for another 40. I don't shoot it much any more and my interest is in light weight high rd. fire power. A pair of matching 40,s really sounds good after reading this topic.

Wow. Out of all the guns I showed my wife this week. She only liked the Glocks, and Kahr's. Probably because the Kahr feels like a Glock too. But lighter.

Gotta pick now between a Glock 19 in 9mm. Or the similar sized Kahr in 9mm. Can't remember which specific model.

But after she had such a good time shooting some fellow member's heres Glocks. She is now excited to shoot with me about once a week.

I'm quite happy with this new development!

:super: