• Replies 747
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Updated the look thanks to some new parts    

Saiga 308 by AZArmory    

Did a little custom work to the ole' 308.             For the Gas Tube. I took out the spot welds and move to the front of the Tube and re spot welded. Top wood was cut back on t

Posted Images

Just purchased the "Ace Push Button Folding Mechanism" and cheek riser for my 16" .308

Next step it to buy the DPH quad rail and at a Red dot scope.

(It's my "WOW" factor rifle) Made to look as evil as possible

(Wish they made or actually had available drums for the .308s)

Function yes, but I have my 21" .308 for that.

I'm always looking to convert another 16inch .308 as well as the sweet 16inch .223!

Started life as a stock factory 16" heavy barreled Saiga,

Only thing left to do is port or thread the barrel. I haven't decided which way I'm going to go with that yet... I may also swap the Tapco stock. I like the collapsing, just not a big fan of the Tapco.

post-14058-12640788357167_thumb.jpg

post-14058-12640788406387_thumb.jpg

post-14058-1264078850618_thumb.jpg

Edited by RockyJ

Only thing left to do is port or thread the barrel. I haven't decided which way I'm going to go with that yet... I may also swap the Tapco stock. I like the collapsing, just not a big fan of the Tapco.

Looking good Rocky.

I too am not a fan of Tapco furniture.

What forearm-rail design is that?

This is my Saiganov. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

•  
  • Dingaz FCG
  • Tapco Retaining Plate v2
  • Reused trigger guard bolted on
  • Choate Dragunov style stock with cheek rest
  • Belarus POSP 4x24 scope (Had one lying around for my 7.62x39 rifles. Going to get a higher magnification one in the future)

post-10789-12648412441607_thumb.jpg

post-10789-12648412581043_thumb.jpg

Edited by SpetsnazGRU

Looking good Rocky.

I too am not a fan of Tapco furniture.

What forearm-rail design is that?

That's an old SureFire that I had on a 74. When they were still being made, they ran $300-400. It took some work to make it fit, but it's rock solid and well worth it.

Besides, my Saiga .308 deserved it way more than ANY 74, right??!!

I just received my "ACE- Push Button Folding Mechanism" And I've got to say, it isn't all that bad.

I also bought the POS Cheek riser.

The good thing about the cheek riser is that I can customize it due to the low cost of the item. (About 9 Bucks)

It also slides/wobbles a bit back and forth, but I'll fix it later.

Now the cool thing about the Ace Folding Mechanism is that I can keep one hand on the pistol grip as well as the forearm and go from "Para-Compact" to "full-length-fire" in seconds. I didn't see TOO many pictures on the web when I was going through all of this so i thought I'd post a couple on here to show any of you "interested" or "On-the-fence-would-be converters".

The rifle is of course unloaded and triple checked for that matter. The magazine is for effect only. All parts are US made, and I have a DPH quad rail on the way as well as a nice holographic sight.

post-21780-12657523742853_thumb.jpg

post-21780-12657523851516_thumb.jpg

post-21780-12657523932411_thumb.jpg

post-21780-1265752405446_thumb.jpg

post-21780-12657524124784_thumb.jpg

Heres mine! just got it last week. standard 21" .308, with factory dragunov stock purchased from Mississippi Auto Arms, low profile scope mount, and 3-9x40 UTG scope

Before:100_0892.jpg

After: 100_0955.jpg

If anyone has a slotted/vented factory forearm laying around I would love to have it! Reasonable prices of course.

Edited by cr107

I got my Version 21 from Mississippi Auto Arms in December. I've put about 400rds through it so far....love the rifle but hate the Surefire mags. They don't fit well in the magazine well. Here are some pics....

th_0120002033-1.jpg

th_0120002034.jpg

th_0120002034a.jpg

th_0120002049.jpg

I put a Harris bipod on it and BeLoMo red dot scope. I sighted in the scope today....took some time, but it's a LOT more fun to shoot now compared to the iron sights.

.308 with PVS-4 and IR Light

Awesome!

Here's mine:l_37874595394647e9a0b386e4704431f1.jpg

Dude, that's sweet looking! I love how tactical you've got that thing. What kind of rail/grip are you using up front? I'd like to get something like that on mine. I've got the 20 rd clips, and the collapsible Tapco stock (it's ok). Need a rail/grip and scope/light like yours. Again, very nice!

Finally finished mine after looking at the FCG sitting on the desk for a week. Havent taken it out to the range yet. The indoor range doesnt allow AKs and the outdoor range is only open Fri-Sun. The conversion ended up being very simple even with the fact that I didnt have the proper tools. The BHO spring was a bit of a pain though. Thank you to Browneye for the run down on the conversion.

I wanted to add that the FCG from Dinzig is a must have.

IMG_2262.jpg

IMG_2259.jpg

IMG_2260.jpg

Edited by mjkeat

IMG_4330.jpg

IMG_4345.jpg

IMG_4336.jpg

IMG_4348.jpg

Fresh conversion. Fired unconverted only with iron sights @25yrds with wolf. Had 4 through dime sized hole and one "flyer." Off to the right of bulls however with CANTED effing sight... I got high hopes for the 8x48posp at 100yrds. Range report coming soon I hope.

Edited by cbo

Here's mine. I have been looking at everyone's submissions here for a long time and it's time to show mine. I bought this after it had been converted by the previous owner. I then added the metric threaded FAL flash hider, ACE front sight, and Blackthorne rear sight/dust cover. It's never complete, but very shootable (and fun) as it sits. I live in a free state so the 15 rounders aren't mandatory. I just like the length compared to the 20's and 25's.

100_1378.jpg

Finally finished mine after looking at the FCG sitting on the desk for a week. Havent taken it out to the range yet. The indoor range doesnt allow AKs and the outdoor range is only open Fri-Sun. The conversion ended up being very simple even with the fact that I didnt have the proper tools. The BHO spring was a bit of a pain though. Thank you to Browneye for the run down on the conversion.

I wanted to add that the FCG from Dinzig is a must have.

IMG_2262.jpg

IMG_2259.jpg

IMG_2260.jpg

May I suggest you get one of these and put that grip on without the plastic adapter. I tried it and it came loose under some extensive fire 500+ rounds consequtive

http://store.carolinashooterssupply.com/servlet/-strse-375/Saiga-12-AR-Trigger/Detail

Trust me it is money well spent.

my psaigal havent done what i planned on with it since the purchase of my s12. still gotta put a muzzle brake and get some mags and find a psl lower handguard and have someone make an upper the same lenght as the lower so it will look finished unlike a psl. im not even gonna worry bout threading the barrel, just gonna weld the brake onto the fsb on the part that covers the crown, wish me luck on that.

post-22237-12687159439382_thumb.jpg

Edited by BROWNEYE

my .308 revisited....had no choice but to re-do mine..the stock trigger was not usable so...re-did conversion..K-Var stock, Tromix FCG, SAW pistol grip and 25 round mag with 3-9x50 AO-IR optics..not really happy with the pistol grip (kept it from Tapco T6 Intrafuse stock)more than likely will replace it...now have to get powder to do my reloads ;)

Saiga004.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Here is my Saiga .308 (7.62 x 51) that has been professionally converted to pistol grip configuration by Overland Industries out of Lake Havasu City AZ. I put 200 rounds through it recently without even a hiccup. I'm second owner, haveing purchased it on Gunbroker.

post-22258-1271907639993_thumb.jpg