• Replies 747
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Updated the look thanks to some new parts    

Saiga 308 by AZArmory    

Did a little custom work to the ole' 308.             For the Gas Tube. I took out the spot welds and move to the front of the Tube and re spot welded. Top wood was cut back on t

Posted Images

• 1 month later...

Wow! I'm glad I found this forum. There is some really nice work being done here. I am looking for a Saiga 308 to do a "Saiganov" conversion. There are a lot of good examples to follow here.

Does anyone know if the Ver 21 is easier to convert to the Choate stock or is that receiver just too different to make it worthwhile?

It seems the Ver 21 could save some work on moving the trigger group forward or is this not

the right path to follow?

Thanks

Wow! I'm glad I found this forum. There is some really nice work being done here. I am looking for a Saiga 308 to do a "Saiganov" conversion. There are a lot of good examples to follow here.

Does anyone know if the Ver 21 is easier to convert to the Choate stock or is that receiver just too different to make it worthwhile?

It seems the Ver 21 could save some work on moving the trigger group forward or is this not

the right path to follow?

Thanks

I have a Ver. 21. I'd picked it up with the intent to convert it also. I see no point in doing anything further to it. The wood stock is beautiful, the thumbhole stock is one of the most comfortable I've ever held, and it's accuracy is great. The only thing I did do to it was to add a second sling swivel to the front to mount a Harris bipod. From what I understand, VEPR stocks will fit on it, but I'm not looking to bother. The only thing that would benefit this rifle would be a trigger job.

Edited by crlovel
  • 1 month later...

My Saiganov conversion has actually been complete for a while...I just forgot to post up pictures and now, out here in Iraq I finally figured I should, haha....even though my last pic is awful, but also being in Iraq means I can't get any better pictures of the gun to share. SORRY!

Progress:

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

Finished (terrible picture with our bathroom, haha...sorry):

DSC06767.jpg

About a week after I took this picture I ended up smoothing out the handguard vents since they turned out a little sloppy...nothing a garage and further dremeling couldn't fix. Though...it'll be about a year before I'll see it again; was at least glad I got to take it out to the range once! :smoke: The night before going to the range the whole rifle received a new High Heat Grill paint job, haha.

You can't really see the trigger in the last pic, but I ordered the FCG from Dinzag, all of which fit PERFECTLY! +1,000,000 for great customer service and excellent products!

Edited by macross40k
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Here is my conversion , I am not sure if I posted it earlier?

Originally was a 20.5" bbl, I had the barrel cut down to 18" installed a vortex flash hider, Ace FAL style pistol grip, Krinkov style stock. I also have the KVar style black synthetic stock. I did all the work myself except for taking off the gas block , and turning the muzzle end of the barrel down for the front sight.

I also added a Tech Sight peep sight for a 10/22 that I altered to fit, and have a Mojo sight also. I have had this rifle since about 2002.

Saiga308.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Did some Horse tradin for some shirts with Will a while back...

Anyhoo.... Here is my new Plum Red Jacket .308

My308.jpg

the color matches my helmet.....

Here's quite plain ver. 21. Got it back recently from gunsmith who cut the barrel to 17 inches, threaded the muzzle for a suppressor and also installed an adjustment screw for gasses. Tomorrow I'm going to test how it shoots with shorter barrel and the suppressor.

saigavaimhy5.jpg

Hi everybody. Been a member for a while now thought it would be a good time to share a pic of my rifle.

Typical conversion with tapco FCG, fiberforce stock

In the pic it's got a scope that was included with the flimsy dust cover rail, since the picture I've switched to a side mount, can't decide what glass yet

also a harris bipod

currently in pieces waiting on a vepr barrel and samson k-rail to isolate the bipod from the barrel

Sorry for the low quality it's a cell phone pic.

oh and the target was shot from 300yrds, there's a fifth hole right below the visible portion of the target. cartridge was Remington umc 150gr SP

post-6053-1231961120_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
My latest, using a "tapco saiga galil" handguard:

saiga.jpg

No picnic getting that thing on a Saiga 308 barrel.

Scoutscopes mount? How do you like that?

Yup, that's the Scoutscopes mount. I like it. I liked it better when it was on a 5.45 model I have, but I thought I'd try it out on the .308. Personally I like it better than the various side-rail mounts. I was going to get a 2nd scoutscopes mount, but I'd like to give a beryl-style rail a try too.