...Saiga Showdown...

Saiga Shotguns  

538 members have voted

1. 1. Which one would you choose and why...

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I FUCKN HATE POLLS!!! I always spend 10 minutes reading these fucking threads befor I realize there 4 years old!! Damn why the hell to people vote on old ass poles and trick me into reading them.  

I want a 10 gauge... ... ... . ... S10 yup Im waiting..

Posted Images

I heard of a shotgun shell that's designed specifically for disabling a car. You aim at the fender and it penetrates and then scatters to take out all hoses and hard lines. Car won't last long in that condition. Anybody know what this round is called or if it's available to us average joes?

I heard of a shotgun shell that's designed specifically for disabling a car. You aim at the fender and it penetrates and then scatters to take out all hoses and hard lines. Car won't last long in that condition. Anybody know what this round is called or if it's available to us average joes?

http://www.mkballistics.com/special.htm .

Looks like fun stuff but they only sell to LEO/Militiary. Any way around that?

Edited by 1911

http://www.mkballistics.com/special.htm .

Looks like fun stuff but they only sell to LEO/Militiary. Any way around that?

There is another site w/ the same discription, but different brand. Let me look into it.

• 3 months later...

i voted for S-12, but had to settle for the S-20 because 12's just don't seem available and 20g is plenty effective for HD, skeet, or deer slugging.

if anyone knows where i can get a new S-12 for less than $700, let me know. or a working used one for a good price

I have to agree with the person who said Saiga-20 they are going a much more reasonable price so I believe people will gravitate towards them if a specialty manufacturer of parts wanted to get a head of the curve in might be a good to say make mags for the 20s and other items for that weapon because the 12 is getting priced out of it's market share.

12 ga for all the above reasons. I just wish they made it in a .50 BMG round. :)

Couldn't have said it better. :super:

Why don't you just buy a muzzleloader if you only want .50 instead of .72?

1st post here. Great forum and resource BTW. 100% of my conversion questions have been found with the search function, so I haven't had an opportunity to post yet.

I voted S12.

I have two (consecutive numbered BTW :D and in California no less [the elected officials and the hippies who put them in office can *NSFW*NSFW*NSFW* IMHO]).

And if I could find another 12 for a reasonable price I would jump on it.

Edited by JeffM

12ga ammo cheaper, more avl. in a pinch "(ammo), greater take down power, more options, never heard of a combat sub-12ga platform, always shot and prefered 12-ga over other ammo, take down power, sluuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuugs (need i say more??). !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• 1 month later...

The 12 gauge really is the all purpose shotgun round because of the volume of the shell. It can be loaded with a variety of "Payloads" with enough propellant to make them effective. From number 12 dust and a light power charge for removing paint or weeding the garden, to sabots when you want to reach out and touch someone. The popularity of the round makes the price of the amunition economical. I hear someone is developing a depleated urainium slug for tank busting, and a sub kiloton yeald 12gauge warhead for when the zombies reaily get out of control.

• 4 weeks later...

12, because i'm getting one!

One of these now models with a cheekweld buttstock and a magwell oh, and of course the receiver cover has a picatinny rail and is hinged for mounting optics...

post-12869-1222712495_thumb.jpg

post-12869-1222712549_thumb.jpg

Edited by aessu

Get whatever is readily available but definitely get BOTH so you won't wonder which one you could have had!

I have both. There are more add-ons for the S-12 but many AK-47 parts can be adapted to the S-20 if you are handy with the tools. If not, then Dinzag has many parts available for both.

Good luck on your decision...

nyclu3

Edited by nyclu3

12ga

zombies hate 12ga slugs, and buckshot. :killer:

Ammo choices, 12ga is more of a standard from what I have seen.

Seems to be more stuff available for the S12.

even though now that I have one (finally), everything is out of stock. :ded:

12 ga for all the above reasons. I just wish they made it in a .50 BMG round. :)

Tony might be able to do that. No Bullshit.

No kidding. Have you seen pics of his "over the shoulder boulder thrower"? Check out the Tromix Projects page... If he thinks of a crazy (read: awesome) weapon, seems he just goes out and builds it.

I call dibs on the second Tromix-converted Saiga .50BMG.

First post here. Hi everyone. 12 ga. Same reasons. All things considered, bigger is better. Wished Saiga made a 10 ga. version. Yep. Zombies and angry Polseen. (Polseen are big alien space invaders...very big....very tough....very mean....they eat people) :) :) :)