I just got an email from my brother. One of our buddies, the drummer for my bro's band, crashed his dragster last weekend and was in a coma. It sounds like he may be starting to come around but I don't know. Here's the email my brother sent out...and the pics of what's left of his car......man.... :cryss: I hope he makes it.

Some of you may not have heard yet about Doug's crash last week. He lost control of the car he was driving and hit a light pole doing about 120 mph. from what I was told. Details are still sketchy they didn't know whether or not he was going to make it as of this weekend do to his brain continuing to swell. He was in a coma and his left arm is shattered in four places. From last I head the swelling is coming down and he was semi coherent, thank God!! amen. I do not know what hospital he is in yet either. I will let everyone know when I find out. Till then pray for him and I hope we see him soon. ~ Scott.

post-1293-1212036752_thumb.jpg

post-1293-1212036770_thumb.jpg

post-1293-1212036794_thumb.jpg

post-1293-1212036811_thumb.jpg

post-1293-1212036834_thumb.jpg

post-1293-1212036856_thumb.jpg

post-1293-1212036881_thumb.jpg

Wow...I'm looking at these pictures again today and I can't believe he's still alive. That car used to be beautiful. There's hardly anything left of it. I wonder where the engine and the front end went. Judging from the blood all over the seat he got more than just internal injuries, which alone should have killed him. That pole didn't move far but it sure as hell moved. Looks like the car pretty much stopped instantly though, at least the half Doug was in. I'm wondering if the roll cage broke like that or did they cut it to get him out....maybe both. I'm glad there was obviously no fire. I'm worried about Lee now, his girlfriend. I'm gonna call in a little while and see how she's doing and where Doug is.

Thanks or your thoughts and prayers guys.

I had a crash in a Jeep Cherokee that no one believed I could have survived. I did. Lots of prayers and family were the answer. My prayers go to everyone in that circle. - John

Prayers for sure. Hope he gets better.

I had a CJ5 w/full roll cage and got run off the road one night. I ended up 40+ yards from where the jeep stopped rolling.

It's sounds trite at times but I guess it wasnt my time.

Hang in there Cobra

HarvKY

Prayers for sure. Hope he gets better.

I had a CJ5 w/full roll cage and got run off the road one night. I ended up 40+ yards from where the jeep stopped rolling.

It's sounds trite at times but I guess it wasnt my time.

Hang in there Cobra

HarvKY

I really believe in the when its your time bit, my friend that builds the race boats and dragsters, his son had a boat during a race hit a wave and do a 360 in the air at over 100mph, and when it hit the water again the boat disintegrated, and he went skipping across the water at 100mph. Other than bruises he walked away from it.

Again, fingers crossed for your friend Cobra. Keep us posted please.

Wow thanks y'all! Those prayers are working.

I just talked to my brother finally and got the scoop. He talked to Doug's mom who was there and witnessed the accident. First off, she said he is coherent now (in and out) and actually talked to some visitors (then promptly forgot they had even been there..). He's going into surgery tomorrow for his arm that was actually almost totally shattered. We are going to wait til he's had a few days to recover from the surgery, and hopefully be off the heavy drugs, before visiting him about Wed.

His mom said he was doing time trials and was on his third run. First run was no nitrous, second was half spray, and on the third he was giving it the full shot and something got stuck, either the throttle or the bottle, and he ran out of track. He went through the flags and couldn't stop...had to put the car somewhere. If he hadn't stopped somehow he would have gone into the woods full throttle. He's a pro and has run this same track for many years. I wonder if he actually aimed for that pole and purposely drove it into the passenger side where it hit and peeled the roof back like that. The engine and front end were found farther ahead instead of right in his lap. I'll know more after I talk to him. I don't know how much he will remember but my guess is, that last second will be burned into his memory forever. Right about the time he said OH F..k! Luckily it's only an eighth mile track. He only had about 5 seconds to build speed and was still accelerating.

I just wanted to say, for the record, I've been praying since before the thread was posted. Cobra showed me the email and pics when he got them. I think we've shown here on the forum the power of prayer. Just look at 1911! Isn't he alive and kicking? :super:

I want to thank all of you for the prayers. I can tell you they mean alot to him as well as Doug. Just keep it up and I honestly believe Doug will be fine. Y'all are the best man.

So far this is about the only news article I've been able to find and I still haven't talked to anyone except my brother.

Actually the headline scared the shit outa me.

http://www.dunndailyrecord.com/main.asp?Se...&TM=36399.9

Seeing as he made it through the crash it looks like the good Lord was already present in this one as your friend is alive and it shows that God works miracles, your friend will have my prayers.