serial number range of "problem guns"

Approximately what serial number range do the guns with all the issues fall into?

eseaton

Here's my new S12 that has a FTE problem. Can you guess why? Serial number is H0840xxxx. I need to send this back for warranty repair. Would someone please point me in the right direction? TIA

post-17019-1237509083_thumb.jpg

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Approximately what serial number range do the guns with all the issues fall into?

eseaton

I need to send this back for warranty repair. Would someone please point me in the right direction?

Call these guys...

Cadiz Gun Works

P.O. Box 126

117 West Market St Suite B

Cadiz, OH 43907-1107

(740) 942-3175

CGWsales@gmail.com

Distributor and Retailer of RAAC Firearms

Official Warranty Repair Center for RAAC Firearms

Edited by brvt1000
Just checked my 12 for the port hole problem. Lucky me I have 4 diamond shaped hole present. Put a wire through all of them to make sure they were clear. Two of them awfully close to the housing but they are clear. #084212**. I shot mine for the first time yesterday and tried some cheap Diana 1 1/4shells. Would not eject on setting one or two. Had some low brass Federal and and 00 Buckshot and it cycle well. I only put through about 30 rounds, so it is not even broken in yet. Going out today to see if I can get those Diane cheapies to eject. If, not I will use them in my Mossy 500! It eats everything!

Yeah, "Mossy 500"s eat everything but kick like a bitch in comparison to a S-12 and of course hold fewer rounds and have a built-in tube magazine. No comparison, imo.

I almost literally just bought a Saiga 12 model IZ-109 on gunbroker, so obviously I haven't yet had a chance to check how many holes mine has. This thread now has me worried... I guess we'll see what's what in about a week.

Edited by post-apocalyptic
  • 3 weeks later...

Mine is in the 377/500 production run and it only has two ports. Both ports are so far forward they are partially obstructed by the gas block and it wouldn't cycle any ammo I tried through it. I already have my request off to CGW and I'm awaiting the return email with the UPS shipping slip.

Edited by djleisure

Well.. my gun's SN is H0843xxxx It's 25/500 according to the box. It has 3 ports, 2 of which, (the 2 closest to the muzzle), are just barely obstructed if at all, (it's really difficult to tell). I'll run a few dozen shells through her tomorrow and see if she's a candidate for warranty work.

So what have we learned in this thread. 3 to 4 holes are good to go as long as they are not obstructed in any way. 2 or less means it needs to go back to the factory. We have also learned the serial numbers mean nothing as to the range.

Those of us with 3 hole guns that are running 100% with various ammo have nothing to worry about? OK, that sounds good to me. Proof is in the pudding so to speak. :)

H08442XXX

10/29/08

328/563

3 hole = paper clip passes through all 3!

Haven't shot it yet the bolt is going to King Armory for shaping /polishing/parkerizing & dry lube treatment and adding a Galil charging handle.

What would the serial number range be for a American made clone "Vodka Special?" None, the quality would be too good. Sorry for the harassment, just continuing my campaign for an American made Saiga clone.

Its sad I just payed near 600 for my 12 and now I have to worry about some drunk russians (or russian machines lubed with vodka) forgetting to drill enough port holes. I'll check my gun when I get home later and post the SN + hole #s. Hopefully I see 3 or 4 unobstructed holes.

I've had my S12 for about a month now and I have probably put about 100+ rounds threw my gun and I had FTE's like every round for the first 20 maybe (as a side note I also had 2 12 round surefires break at the top that same day but, that is another issue) The next weekend we went out and I put the other 80 rounds threw it and slugs ran great, 2 3/4 7 1/2 shot Winchester ran fair but better than last time every now and then a FTE. For whatever reason the last round no matter what i was shooting out of the factory five would stove pipe but, just the last round. Between the first time I took it out and the second time, I did take it all apart and polish all the wear spots and file down a little sharp spot on the left rail and the action seems to be getting better. Hopefully its just a breaking in period because I just came across this topic this evening and I just did the trigger conversion this morning!

I have a Saiga 12 19", it has 3 ports, they are aligned perfectly non are obstructed, the number on the box is 50/150 and ser # is H084426XX hope this helps as well as any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

My three gas ports are unobstructed and perfectly centered with the gas block. Grinded and polished as per the How Tos.

RAAC 19" 2008

Converted

Fixed Tapco stock

AK grip (soon to replace with SAW grip)

2 AGP 10, 1 Surefire (modded to 8 rnds) and 1 Factory 5 mags.

I shot about 150 2 3/4" #7 1/2 Remington, Winchester value packs on gas setting 2. I had 2 FTEs off the bat and none afterwards. 50+ 2 3/4" Winchester slugs on setting 1, no failures. Another 50 low brass, no failures. The action smoothed up considerably. I'm happy with the results so far.

Now all I need is a Gunfixer plug and a King Tappet. :dollar:

Edited by RABIDFOX50

Just got mine yesterday off of GB. Serial number H08437XXX, inspection date of 29 Oct 2008. Checked gas ports using paper clip, only one is visible but 2 are hidden from view, 3 gas ports total. Will go to range this weekend.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
The problem guns, or "vodka specials" are not specfically in any serial number range, although its AROUND the numbers that have been posted, but are actually all out of one particular "crate" so to speak.

Toss 100 rounds of high brass down your new gun if you have FTE problems, and also toss in some 3" on gas setting 1, as well before you decide that the gun needs a "reliability service" aka - warranty repair.

If you think you need a warranty repair done to your gun, you should contact us here at Cadiz Gun Works, as we have the RAAC warranty contract. Any warranty done is free of charge to you, and goes from your door, to ours, and then back to your door. As the firearm is not transferred but is under gunsmithing warranty, there is no 4473 involved, and yes, this is how its done by the letter of the law.

We will be getting the warranty service information out into public view more prolifically soon.

Hay guys, I'm new here and have been wanting a Saiga 12 for sometime now. Glad I found this forum to help educate myself as I'm planning on purchasing one this weekend $599 for 19' threaded barrel, seems to be the going price.

Now here comes a couple of questions......Just curious where are ya'll finding the 'birthdays' of these Saigas?........And when I go to my local shop do you think they would let me unscrew the gas setting plug and see how many gas ports there are?.....oh yeah, are the bolt hold open feature standard on all the new Saigas or not?

Thanks in advance guys any help is appreciated

why dont you just buy one from us for 575 plus shipping, and we will ensure there isnt any issue with it before we mail it to your FFL?

the birth year is the first two digits of the serial #.

+1 for CGW, If I were to order from someone they would be on the top of the list. My S12 is there being converted and fixed there under warranty (vodka special). I should be getting it soon as Vicki Jo Cole called me and asked if there was anything else I wanted. Good luck it sounds like the bad ones have been cleared out of inventory for the most part during the buying craze.

when I go to my local shop do you think they would let me unscrew the gas setting plug and see how many gas ports there are?.....oh yeah, are the bolt hold open feature standard on all the new Saigas or not?

Thanks in advance guys any help is appreciated

I would hope they would open the gas cylinder for you to inspect, BHO is standard mind you it's not a LRBHO.

Edited by lipadj46
why dont you just buy one from us for 575 plus shipping, and we will ensure there isnt any issue with it before we mail it to your FFL?

the birth year is the first two digits of the serial #.

BVAMP-

That's great, and I was close to buying from you guys, but there are companies selling these guns for @ $499. Will you guys match the lowest price someone can find?

you give Tom a call tomorrow, and see what he can do. He is in the office thursdays and fridays.....I cant match that price, but considering we are the warranty repair shop for saigas, a few extra bucks pays for an expert to ensure your gun is good to go out of the box......

• 2 weeks later...
Email Rhetts Gun Works at rhett_sweeney@NO ADs.com those guys fixed my saiga for $150 bucks and turn around of 5 business days and it fires perfect now! I had a 2 port and a 3 port and they will shoot any load perfectly now!

Or you could just contact CGW (Cadiz Gun Works/vankiller, bvamp) and they'll warranty it out for you and correct the problem for free. That way you can spend the $150 you save and do a conversion when you get it back, knowing that CGW made it perfect.

Uggghh I thought it was safe by now!!!! I picked up one born on 10/22/08 sn H084413XX, I was trying not to even open this box since it's an extra. I finally broke tonight and had to check it......you guessed it 3 holer!

Dang calm down, mine is a 19 2008 date of manufacture and it works fine, Many others have said it works fine with 3

holes also.

I think everyone should try thier gun and then worry.

So what have we learned in this thread. 3 to 4 holes are good to go as long as they are not obstructed in any way. 2 or less means it needs to go back to the factory. We have also learned the serial numbers mean nothing as to the range.

Those of us with 3 hole guns that are running 100% with various ammo have nothing to worry about? OK, that sounds good to me. Proof is in the pudding so to speak. :)

Wise words rabid fox.

Thank you

H08442XXX, dated 10/28/08. 4 holes and Chaous gas port adapter. Runs great. Side note: At first I thought I had a 2 hole gun as the other two holes were hard to see. You really need to look or as in my case take a small wite and "fish" around a bit. My other two holes are above the two that are visable.

• 1 year later...

i just got mine the other day and fired it once. cycled about 20 rounds through it. guess it just needs to be broken in.

i was firing 2 and 3/4 remington 6 shot 1290fps.

i can see that it is 3 hole and one of the holes seems to be blocked. mine is in the h09404xxx series built 1-28-09

please any help would be greatly appreciated as i am a newbie to this weapon.

Just read through this thread. You'll need to run a couple hundred rounds through it to break it in. If you're still having FTE's, send it to Cadiz for warranty repair work. They'll take care of it and you'll be able to run just about anything through it...

• 1 year later...