Actor David Carradine found dead in Bangkok

I loved the t.v. show Kung Fu. I never missed an episode. What a shame. David Carradine was certainly a person who moved to the beat of his own drum and I am pretty surprised that he would take his own life. Still, as mentioned, who knows what goes on in another person's head.

R.I.P.

I loved the t.v. show Kung Fu. I never missed an episode. What a shame. David Carradine was certainly a person who moved to the beat of his own drum and I am pretty surprised that he would take his own life. Still, as mentioned, who knows what goes on in another person's head.

R.I.P.

Me too.

He had struggled with alcohol and drugs though, may heave something to do with it.

I don't think that there is person from our generation that studied or even just interested in Marshal Arts, that was not influenced by David Carradine and his portrayal of Cain..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gASY7Lj5GPQ...feature=related

Me and my cousins all tried to walk on a roll of tracing paper in 1975 without leaving any trace,.. I won!

to bad for DC,

I heard he had wires wrapped around his balls too,..

Looks like B finally got him!

After the Kill Bill series he supposedly kicked his alcohol problems, wouldn't have thought he would have been into it, but it sounds like SB autoeroticisim.

Am I the only one to remmember when he played Woody Guthrie in "Bound for Glory"? A great movie and he was great in it IIRC he played and sang the parts himself. RIP

No disrespect intended to Mr. Carradine, for whom I have a great deal of respect, but...

From what I've read so far, the most logical conclusion is autoerotic asphyxiation. No signs of violence, and he was hanging from a curtain cord. While dying while choking yourself and beating off isn't the most dignified end, I'd prefer that truth to the knowledge that he took his own life.

anyone know the film he was working on???

Oddly enough, "Stretched."

And a late report that I heard does make this look like a possible Auto-erotic asphyxia death, since he was naked in a closet when found. At lease per the source I just read.

Kudos to A307 for a good guess!

Edited by Azrial

R.I.P.

Me too.

He had struggled with alcohol and drugs though, may heave something to do with it.

good bet....of course you can't find drugs in thailand..... :rolleyes:

Thought i remembered he was a cancer survivor as well.....not sure of that, but if true maybe he was notified of reccurance and well....need i say more.....he would not be the first to check out before the long painful end (thoughts of Aethlebert's battle.......he put up a great fight form what i hear, no one should have to suffer though.....may he rest in peace)

I was not personally a fan....just never got into Kung Fu etc......i think the only thing i liked him in was Lone wolf McQuade.....

Still..... a bummer

Edited by RangerM9

R.I.P.

I was also growing up in that era of "Kung Fu" being the TV series. I will always think of him as Kwai Chang Caine.

kwaichang.jpg

No disrespect intended to Mr. Carradine, for whom I have a great deal of respect, but...

From what I've read so far, the most logical conclusion is autoerotic asphyxiation. No signs of violence, and he was hanging from a curtain cord. While dying while choking yourself and beating off isn't the most dignified end, I'd prefer that truth to the knowledge that he took his own life.

Heard his hands were tied, so kinda makes it hard to hang yourself that way.

Doesn't pass the smell test yet if you ask me.

I think the Thai officials are more worried about the possible effect on tourism than truth.

Yes, in a land where a ordinary man can get laid for a dollar for a rich and famous actor to choose to stay home and masturbate in his motel closet does make a somewhat sad statement about the quality of the Bangkok prostitution industry.

Yes, in a land where a ordinary man can get laid for a dollar for a rich and famous actor to choose to stay home and masturbate in his motel closet does make a somewhat sad statement about the quality of the Bangkok prostitution industry.

Either that or there is a lady boy somewhere in Bangkok with a story to tell.

Either that or there is a lady boy somewhere in Bangkok with a story to tell.

That is exactly what I was thinking when I heard the "rumors". There's no way in hell someone like him would ever have to worry about doing something like that to get himself off. He could have a whole harem over there easily...or here in the states for that matter.

I also don't believe he would have let himself be found that way...no way....

There are some things that are not known or are not being made public. Even at 72 he could probably kick ass on most people who might try to harm him so I don't get it unless he was seduced somehow or drugged.

I was A HUGE FAN of his in all his movies and television, especially Kung Fu.

As was said above....Rest in Peace Grasshoppa

post-1293-1244310015.jpg