Christening the Obama special

When I saw the first pic of that old car, I thought the other pics could be of it getting shot up with buckshot. I must say this was a minor letdown IMO.

Good to know ppl will spend more on guns and ammo than their car :)

Edited by slyguy
When I saw the first pic of that old car, I thought the other pics could be of it getting shot up with buckshot. I must say this was a minor letdown IMO.

What the hell is wrong with the Old Pancho? :rolleyes:

+1

Some people have no appreciation for old classic cars.

I'd gladly have that old car than some crappy Lexus any day!

The laundry basket in the back seat is a nice touch too. :)

Great pics with two good ole boys shooting out in the dark in the headlights of the old car.

Beers in the coolers on the hood of the car....... pretty good evening if you ask me.

That Bonneville is fucking fast. It might not look like much, but it's got a cammed 467 under the hood and will smoke a Mustang GT while towing a bass boat.

That's my buddy Slayer in the white shirt and me in the shorts.

Can you say, R-E-D-N-E-C-K ?

So long as you guys had a good time.

Man, just looking at the ground, it must be a reloaders dream. BTW what were you guys shooting at? Or were you just throwing some lead downrange?

Pffffft. Rednecks. You might call us country, but we're only southern. You know what the greatest thing about where we're shooting? It's 10 minutes from downtown Birmingham, and we can do whatever the fuck we want out there. Explode things, start fires, drink, smoke, hoot and holler. The cops never come out. Can you do that anywhere over there in your commie state?

The Bonne rocks dude. Don't listen to the pampered haters.

Wish I had been there shootin with ya.

The more the merrier bro. If you ever make it to Alabama, look me up. Sometimes we roll up out there and there's already 15 people out there shooting shit.

Cash for clunkers passed today. Obama is giving up to $4500 for your old car if it traded in on a new fuel efficient car.

+1

Some people have no appreciation for old classic cars.

I'd gladly have that old car than some crappy Lexus any day!

The laundry basket in the back seat is a nice touch too. :)

Great pics with two good ole boys shooting out in the dark in the headlights of the old car.

Beers in the coolers on the hood of the car....... pretty good evening if you ask me.

DSCF1458.jpg

This one is bad-ass. I like how you caught the ejected shells in mid flight.

Plus, it looks like effin' Christmas on the ground, with all that green and red!

(BTW, I don't see what exactly is "redneck" about those pictures. A couple guys shooting a couple guns is "redneck" now? Or is it because it's not at an indoor range in the middle of the city, while wearing pink polos and Dockers? :rolleyes: )

Nice classic Elvis, I like it a lot.

Great pictures, I love old cars, just sold my 79 tbird, looking to get a 70s nova.

I'll take good ol boys as friends any day over city slickers.

That last comment on the cash for clunckers, the communist obama is going to take my money and your money and buy other people cars with our hard earned cash, some people who look to obama to be thier daddy and want the government to take care of them will take him up on it. I would rather be independant than a slave and recieve stolen goods.

Nice pics dude,

classic cars, sweet guns, hot lead & cold beverages... What more can us *Rednecks* :031: ask for?

Hell yeah! Throw in some metal tunes blasting out in the background and you got a perfect night! :super:

that Old Bonnie kicks ass! Nice conversion,

Next we need a Law passed to get a 4500 trade in on any old gun clunker for the guns and ammo of choice, Rednecks my ass, Freemen, keep it up brothers

thank God for Alabama

Audemus Jura Nostra Defendere

yeh, howd that federal bulk 1 1/8th work out for ya? :)

im jealous. I have NOWHERE that i can do that......

Heh, I have a spot just like Elvis' about 10 min down the road from my house. Adobe hills.. aka wasteland. I can toss some targets/guns in the truck, drive on down and do pretty much whatever the hell I want. I love not having to use a range. :smoke:

To the topic, the gun looks great, Elvis! And not that you need to hear it, but don't let that nancy from Cali tell you that your car ain't sweet, cause she is. What he doesn't realize when he suggests you take King Barry up on "H"is "cash for clunkers" program is that you'd never do that.. why trade in a powerful all-American classic that's built like a tank for a Japanese plastic death-trap that can't even get out of its own way? No fuckin thanks! :blues:

wow, and I moved from NY, where i shot out the front door if i felt like it, and cut firewood with a saiga, to having to "drive up the street to shoot on a public range". (its actually kinda pathetic, if you ask me, bring on the pig hunts at 60 mph, off the airboats) sure rub it in, man. rub it in. Ill post pics of my 60 foot flycast into the lake in january for ya! :)

hey, but going home is my own problem, right?

Elvis, sorry for the wait man, we do hope you are satistifed with your weapon.....and our company.....

whadda ya think bout that there 12, huh? :) put that puppy on "1" and throw some buck and slug down it.....PM me...i WANT to hear what you think.....

Thanks for the comments. The Bonneville isn't mine, I got a turbo sentra that runs on occasion, I daily drive a civic hatchback.

As far as the gun is concerned, I think that it was set on #1 and still eating the federal bulk, but I can't remember for sure. I know that Cadiz had some delays on the guns because they had got a batch of bad guns (I'm guessing some infamous vodka specials) and had to wait to get some more guns that were suited for the application. I can tell you that it was definitely worth the wait. I expected to get some half finished specimen, and I was cool with that for the price. But these guns came with the bottom of the receiver refinished, and everything was wrapped back up in the evil poison paper, just like factory. There was a note from Miss Vicki in the first box instructing my FFL what was enclosed and to contact CGW with any questions. There was also a 922r breakdown sheet, which outlined what each part was and it's country of origin. It said it had CGW trigger guard as a US part, so I was wondering if the fact that the trigger guard had been modified made it a US part, or if it was actually a new trigger guard. Either way it looks great.

I can't say enough good things about Cadiz Gun Works, and this is based on a gun that isn't anything special, I can only imagine how well the fit and finish is on a gun that you actually drop a bunch of cash on. It took a while longer than expected to get the guns, but I have come to expect that when dealing with anything Saiga, so it wasn't a issue, I know if I have to wait I'll be getting a good deal on a great product (ie MD20's). The people seem top notch, and were always very friendly during any sort of communication. Thanks again y'all!

Nice pics dude,

classic cars, sweet guns, hot lead & cold beverages... What more can us *Rednecks* :031: ask for?

Oh I don't know. Last time I was in your neck of the woods a couple of Bama Babes come to mind.

Yeah, I've got mine :wub:

Edited by ChileRelleno
Nice pics dude,

Oh I don't know. Last time I was in your neck of the woods a couple of Bama Babes come to mind.

Yeah, I've got mine :wub:

I didn't know that you were from Alabama Chile...