More cancer stories. These are for anyone who starts to think THEY are having a hard time with cancer. I have chemo brain and my memory has gone to shit. I apologize if I have already related these stories.

My first day in the chemo room there was a prisoner from the state pen in there, too. He was shackled to his wheel chair and attended by some kind of LEO. I didn't look closely enough to find out whether it was a corrections dept officer or a State cop. I can't imagine. "Come on you convict! Hurry up with this chemo shit so we can get you back for your afternoon prison sex ass-rape!" The leo didn't really say that. I was just filling in the blank. lol

Then, there was a kid about Saigateen's age. He has esophageal cancer and couldn't talk. His mom was sitting next to him and this is what she said, "This is God's answer to you for what you put me through with that DUI you got. This is what God thinks of you for that."

She just wouldn't let up: "You really put me through Hell and now it's your turn - my thanks to God for that."

I sat there in total disbelief. As much grief as cancer and chemo are, shit like this can make it immeasurably worse. I can't imagine.

Every time I think I have it bad, all I have to do is look at the poor bastard sitting next to me and I see that I actually have it pretty damn good. There are people in chemo that have had arms, legs and breasts amputated. Shit, I have it easy.

• Replies 501
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Oh, Sweet, Thanks

Cobra, sorry to hear that your medical bills are so high, but it sounds like Bounce had some good advice for ya, I never knew it at least. If you get approved for Medicaid they might pay the bills you

I hate cigarettes and will make it a point to push a smoker out of my way if I have to to reach fresh air.... As far as the other stuff goes...I've always heard that smoking weed was what helped canc

Posted Images

Then, there was a kid about Saigateen's age. He has esophageal cancer and couldn't talk. His mom was sitting next to him and this is what she said, "This is God's answer to you for what you put me through with that DUI you got. This is what God thinks of you for that."

She just wouldn't let up: "You really put me through Hell and now it's your turn - my thanks to God for that."

I sat there in total disbelief. As much grief as cancer and chemo are, shit like this can make it immeasurably worse. I can't imagine.

Every time I think I have it bad, all I have to do is look at the poor bastard sitting next to me and I see that I actually have it pretty damn good. There are people in chemo that have had arms, legs and breasts amputated. Shit, I have it easy.

Dude..... I don't even know how to respond to that..... SHE will have to stand before God one day and be judged by the same standard she judges others by........

We just had a kid her in town die of brain cancer. He was only 20. Life is unfair (look at Paris Hilton for proof ) and unpredictable. That witch of a woman that would even blame her kid for his cancer is uncomprehensible. Shit happens, everyday, normal bullshit, and you learn how to deal with it. But when life throws you a curve, that is when the true aspect of your personality comes out. It defines you as a person. The ones that don't have to change their ways at all are the ones that I respect.

It's sad that she carries such a punishing conception of God, she is truly a miserable woman because of it.

Worse is spewing that garbage out onto her kid, I personaly know the damage it does :ded:

Only one thing to say....and yah yah I know how spiritual it is :eek:

But......FUCK HER :lolol:

Wanna gawk a minute! It's OK, really.

This is what my cancer looks like:

This lump is on the inside of my right thigh.

The wound on the top is from the biopsy.

cancer003.jpg

cancer004.jpg

This is where the chemo needle slipped out of my vein and a bunch of chemo was pumped into my arm outside the vein.

The chemo killed the skin on the inside of my arm and it kept killing until it reached the surface.

Imagine this shit going on throughout the inside of my entire body - and brain. LOL

Is it any wonder I can't remember shit anymore?

cancer010.jpg

cancer009.jpg

Holy scheet that thing is huge!

Are they gonna cut that sucker out?? If so you also need to attempt to keep it and feed it to your S12.

Yeah, they're going to cut it out after I finish chemo in early November. Speaking of the S-12, I feel like blasting the fucker with it - point blank range! I might need to reload. One shot might not do it! LOL

Are they gonna cut that sucker out?? If so you also need to attempt to keep it and feed it to your S12.

Yeah, they're going to cut it out after I finish chemo in early November. Speaking of the S-12, I feel like blasting the fucker with it - point blank range! I might need to reload. One shot might not do it! LOL

Bounce12: If you decide to shoot it out, first hire that guy who films at 1 million frames per second. We might as well get something educational out of that undertaking.

Seriously, that is one mean looking lump. I'm pulling for a speedy KO of your cancer.

WJ

a small bit of good news... Saigateen is going to be "covered" even if he has to withdraw from school.....!!!:super:

We'll take any good news we can get on the cancer front!

Time to start lighting candles - that is when you know it is serious prayer time. My girls love to light the prayer candles at church. I'll cut them loose with some donation money and let them light a few on Sunday. (No such thing as a free lunch in the Catholic Church. Even lighting a prayer candle costs money!)

WJ

Bounce12: If you decide to shoot it out, first hire that guy who films at 1 million frames per second. We might as well get something educational out of that undertaking.

Seriously, that is one mean looking lump. I'm pulling for a speedy KO of your cancer.

WJ

Excellent point.

I'd love to see some 00 buck blasting the cancer cells in super slow-mo.

That'd be a great show.

Juggs asked me a great question - does cancer hurt?

Mine does not. In fact, I'd never even know it was there if it didn't stick out so far that it banged on shit.

This is one reason that it's pretty bad. Not only is it high grade and very aggressive, but if it forms in your abdomen, you will never know it's there. You can't feel it. It remains unaddressed and untreated as it grows and spreads. Eventually it will metastasize, invade the rest of your body and by the time you find out something is wrong, it's too late to do much about it.

Sounds grim, but in my case it formed on my leg. So, I could see it. I still waited three friggin' years to have it looked at. Big mistake on my part, but fortunately it hasn't metastasized yet.

Glad to hear that nobody's has metastasized as of yet.

So far looking good.

I don't really have anything to add, other than another "Hang in there" & My prayers are still with you all..

God bless & Stay strong. :up:

Paul

Wow Bounce that fugger's huge. Mine feels about half that size, but like it's mostly inside. And mine does hurt. It didn't for the first 6 to 8 months though...now it's like it's run out of space and is invading my neck and head.

Something wild though....in the past couple of days it actually seems to have shrunk and doesn't hurt as much!:eek:

I wonder if that is happening because they cut it's nasty little fucking head off when they took my infected tonsils out??:unsure:

That's great news Saigateen! The financial shock is pretty huge when you start getting those hospital bills. My first two were...over $700 just for the ultrasound and to read it....then the next one came for the biopsies, diagnosis, and CT scans. That one's about $6,000...for just ONE DAY :cryss:

Since then I've been back a couple of times now...once to the dentist and to meet with 4 different doctors and their teams (swallowing therapist, radiologist, chemotherapist, and my main doctor), then the last time for tonsil surgery and overnight stay...can't wait to see what those bills are gonna come to...:sadam:

Fortunately, according to what I've been told, people who are diagnosed with cancer and do not have any kind of health insurance, are qualified for help from Medicaid. I'm applying for that, as well as the UNC Cancer Hospital's "Charity Care Program". These bills are going to end up exceeding FAR more than my net worth or personal property value.

And another thing, Cobra...

Remember, your medical bills are tax deductible once you get over 7.5% of your taxable income. And, don't forget to keep track of the miles you drive. I think 8000 miles is worth $1000 or more.

What this means is that you will probably pay NO income tax for the next year or two. Hey, I'll take any win I can get at this point.

Cobra, sorry to hear that your medical bills are so high, but it sounds like Bounce had some good advice for ya, I never knew it at least. If you get approved for Medicaid they might pay the bills you already have as well, just in case you didn't know that. Also that's cool that the tumor is calming down a little size and pain wise. Hang in there man!

Bounce that really is huge mines about the size of a fist and because it's on my rib, most of it's sticking out. And yes, like Cobra's mine also hurts.

I had medicaid already until I turned 19, then when I started school again, my moms medicaid covered me cause I was a full time student. So that basically meant no matter how bad it got I had to keep going to school and pass my classes or I would have to start forkin up the cash. Now it's a pre-existing condition so they have to help me is my understanding of it. I thank God everyday for the things that are goin on, me being covered, Cobra getting help, and Bounce getting a little closer to being done with chemo are just a few more things to put on my list.

One last thing, What is the reputation bar and how come mine is at 0 and Juggs is at 10000!? Juggs told me to ask it here.

Edited by Saigateen
  • Like 8

One last thing, What is the reputation bar and how come mine is at 0 and Juggs is at 10000!? Juggs told me to ask it here.

So every one who sat this would give you a +1, Lil Bro!

Wow Bounce that fugger's huge. Mine feels about half that size, but like it's mostly inside. And mine does hurt. It didn't for the first 6 to 8 months though...now it's like it's run out of space and is invading my neck and head.

Something wild though....in the past couple of days it actually seems to have shrunk and doesn't hurt as much!015.gif

I wonder if that is happening because they cut it's nasty little fucking head off when they took my infected tonsils out??unsure.gif

That's great news Saigateen! The financial shock is pretty huge when you start getting those hospital bills. My first two were...over $700 just for the ultrasound and to read it....then the next one came for the biopsies, diagnosis, and CT scans. That one's about $6,000...for just ONE DAY 009.gif

Since then I've been back a couple of times now...once to the dentist and to meet with 4 different doctors and their teams (swallowing therapist, radiologist, chemotherapist, and my main doctor), then the last time for tonsil surgery and overnight stay...can't wait to see what those bills are gonna come to...028.gif

Fortunately, according to what I've been told, people who are diagnosed with cancer and do not have any kind of health insurance, are qualified for help from Medicaid. I'm applying for that, as well as the UNC Cancer Hospital's "Charity Care Program". These bills are going to end up exceeding FAR more than my net worth or personal property value.

dont sell your self short your worth a lot.

• Like 1

So every one who sat this would give you a +1, Lil Bro!

Oh, Sweet, Thanks :super:

Bumpin ya up, little brother! ;)

Dammit, ALL of you need to kick this horrendous shit in it's butt. I don't normally pray, but am starting to. Bounce, dammit, if you can survive a BOUNCE, then this should be a bump! Cobra, dammit,your a good ole' southern boy, known for their toughness! Kicks it's butt! Saigateen, if that's you in your avatar and you lost all that weight, then this should be a breeze. Don't give up!

Hey thanks a ton for the support y'all. I'm sure the other two guys will agree, with all the great support we have gotten from our friends here, and that which we are happy to give each other, there's no mountain we can't climb together, no sea we can't cross, and NO monster's ass we can't beat the living shit out of! :killer:

Can I get a HELL YEAH!! (and no I don't mean a drum....lol)

I'm headed back to the hospital myself in a few hours, to meet with the Radiation Therapist again, and let him make a mold of my head and neck. It will be used to hold my head in the exact position it needs to stay while I'm in there getting irradiated over the coming, long 7 weeks which will be starting soon.

He explained to me how head and neck cancers are so very difficult to treat, because of all the other critical things in such close proximity to the tumors. They have to go in at different, very precise angles, to work around things like the brain stem, major arteries, glands, the spinal cord, etc...

I will also hopefully get the results back from the big meeting of the minds they had on Friday, where the results of the biopsies they took from my tonsils after their removal, and the rest of them they got from my tongue, throat, and airways while I was under, were discussed by something like 60 different doctors and professors. I thought that was very interesting, the way they take all of the current cancer patients being treated, and share all the results and findings with each other, each of them getting a chance to comment on each case. This place is extremely impressive to me. I was so very blessed to be taken in by them as a new patient, especially so soon after FINALLY getting my ass to the doctor when I did (and also since they are a brand new, state of the art facility, built on the UNC Campus, where there was already a very well respected cancer hospital, just in an older building). They literally got me an appointment for biopsy and consultation, the very next business day after I had my ultrasound done in a whole different county. I think maybe all those prayers that went up, and good vibes which were sent early on, must have made a difference. I know my luck sure ain't been all that great over the past few years....

Hey I wonder if anything would change, if I wore my NC State Wolfpack ball cap sometimes when going over there?

Hmmm...I probably shouldn't risk that...lol.

Thank you guys and gals, from the bottom of me ol heart!:super:

• Like 3

A lot of y'all ain't familiar with Saigateen so I'm including a pic. ... here is T.J. a shoot last year...

He starts Chemo Wed.....

As always, continued prayers out for Bounce and Cobra....

PICT0029.jpg

To the three of you, stand tough, cause you are gonna have to be going through all that you are! And when it knocks you to your knees, might as well get some prayin in while you're down there! Y'all are in my prayers daily as well as your families. Just remember , we're all behind ya all the way and are here if ya need a strong shoulder!