Thanks man. Gun nuts and motor heads have a lot in common, they like loud machines. :super:

...did you say ... MOTORHEAD???

B00004X0AS.01.MZZZZZZZ.jpg

Lemmy is GOD! (j/k) ...Airheads reference.

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Another old thread revived! Still fun!  

Posted Images

• 3 months later...

Ummmm.... I like 'em big

post-22401-008523200%201280288618_thumb.jpgpost-22401-039600000%201280288771_thumb.jpg

and I love Cadillacs....

Me too...

Bad-ass coupe-D!

I would have a 96 Sedan Deville, but they tend to have engine & tranny issues.

Too bad I never got a pic of my 73 Eldo with the 4" whitewalls. I personally have never been a fan of putting custom rims on a luxury car for my own.

Paulyscaddyrx.jpg

I tend to eventually scrap the little sporty cars...

This is where my education about treadwear ratings was reinforced, Lower the # the better & stickier. I had just gone from 180 treadwear z rated to 360 treadwear.

Fuck what tire salesmen tell you, the lower the # the stickier, period.

Paulysrx-fuckup.jpg

Can you guess what my favorite color for a car is?

Paulyslndscivic.jpg

Untitled-2.jpg

But I got tired of being pulled over, so I stay stock now, & no more red or tint...

Pauly095.jpg

And I help others make their dream cars, AKA, "cop-magnets"

linc1-1.jpg

Dlimn2-1.jpg

Edited by Paulyski

None of the vehicles that I have had in recent history would be worthy of a photograph. All are four wheel drive SUV or pickup type vehicles. Very utilitarian, very boring, but also very dependable and capable of going just about anywhere. Flashy vehicles mean nothing to me, I'd rather be virtually invisible on the road. I'm lucky if I wash mine every two weeks. It's got to have a great stereo, hold a lot of gear, have good rubber and be mechanically almost perfect. Most importantly, my dog has to like it. I always buy them new but they get well used very fast so 2-3 years is about average for a vehicle for me.

^^^ haha nice ^^^

heres my daily. 97' Chevy Blazer. I hope to put a 350 in it someday, 230hp isn't enough.

And perhaps a Dana 44 under the front and some 37" tires? If it has a 4.3 V6 the 350 will bolt right up, but it will eat a 4L60 tranny quick.

^^^ haha nice ^^^

heres my daily. 97' Chevy Blazer. I hope to put a 350 in it someday, 230hp isn't enough.

And perhaps a Dana 44 under the front and some 37" tires? If it has a 4.3 V6 the 350 will bolt right up, but it will eat a 4L60 tranny quick.

Haha I would love to do a lift but it's just too much of a hassle to do it on a blazer. Maybe a body lift and bigger tires. Yeah its got the 4L60e, I've got a donor tranny from my friends truck. If I really had the money and the time, I'd like to get a LS9 in it, then I'd really be havin' fun.

My 1997 Jeep Wrangler Sport. I'm the original owner, and have since put only about 32K miles on it. Got the new tires about two weeks ago. I'll put a lift kit on it when I get my Mercedes Benz 190E, if I ever find one that's not automatic.

post-25308-019671200 1280343180_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

My 1997 Jeep Wrangler Sport. I'm the original owner, and have since put only about 32K miles on it. Got the new tires about two weeks ago. I'll put a lift kit on it when I get my Mercedes Benz 190E, if I ever find one that's not automatic.

There are a few 190 AMGs out there too. MUCH more fun!

There are a few 190 AMGs out there too. MUCH more fun!

All the ones I've come across have been automatic.

Auto shifts better and faster. Top fuel dragsters use auto. Welcome to the 21st century.

May be so, but I prefer manual. My left foot feels neglected if there's no clutch pedal. Hell, I had to learn stick at 7, and I thought it was fun even then. Driving is supposed to be fun, auto just isn't fun to me. Plus, I like coasting and downshifting.

Auto shifts better and faster. Top fuel dragsters use auto. Welcome to the 21st century.

May be so, but I prefer manual. My left foot feels neglected if there's no clutch pedal. Hell, I had to learn stick at 7, and I thought it was fun even then. Driving is supposed to be fun, auto just isn't fun to me. Plus, I like coasting and downshifting.

For auto-cross, the closest form of racing to a car chase, where the driver must constantly negotiate hairpins & really work the car's built suspension, Manuel is still king.

_________________________________________________________________________________

But on a side note...

Anyone else here restore buggies?

This was my 73 Super Beetle. I had it cherried out before someone sideswiped the front driver's fender.

I sold it because I needed cash, but recently saw it.

She still runs perfect & holds a perfect 800 rpm idle without missing at all.

2Buggy.jpg

Buggies are the best car to restore IMHO.

You can get them cheap, restore them for a low price & all the parts are available brand new & not too expensive.

The resale value for a good buggie is 3 to 10 times what they sold for brand new.

It's one of the only cars I've ever restored & got more $$ than I put in to it back out of it at sale.

Edited by Paulyski