How good is your memory?

For me the first time I heard the about a Saiga 12, I was watching the show Deadliest Warrior and it was love at first sight. A magazine (or drum) fed 12 gauge how bad ass is that? Now I know first hand, It is a beast and by far my favorite gun. On the show the Russian Spetsnaz used the import legal version, I don't know how accurate that is but they did have some interesting techniques including using the magazine for a fore grip and rolling around on the ground to gain a tactical advantage. Anyway I was hooked and from that moment on I have been thinking about the Saiga shotgun pretty much all the time. The reason I am posting this is because I thought it would be cool to hear all your Saiga 12 stories because I'm sure a lot of you are as addicted as I am.

By the way if you missed that episode i found it at http://www.spike.com...-beret-vs/32039

Deadliest Warrior saiga12 seen at 7:13

favorite Spetsnaz quote"That's winning there hearts and minds"

favorite Green Beret quote "I can do this, Bang!"

Edited by fanaticalbucsfan
  • Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Tales of the Gun over the ak on the history channel. 2:20 1st time I saw one. 6:00 you get to see Mikhail Kalashnikov and Eugene Stoner have a sit down.   http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=075YUx2

by the way sunnybean your avatar is second place to xxINFIDELxx's avatar.   I did find this though booty competition

I'm a pistol marksman above all. I'm good with a rifle & shottie, but my passion is & always has been my pistols. That's what I carry & am most likely to have to use. One of my favorite

Posted Images

Ah...the good ol'days. I bought mine from gunbroker converted and ready to shoot for $650 shipped back back in september for my bday. If i want a good present i must buy it myself and i did. I think i got a pretty fair price considering, either way i couldn't be happier. Now I'm just waiting for my Ice Rack to come back from Pauly and then i think i want to put on a Titan from Chaos if I ever get a chance to see one in person first. One step at a time though...

Bought a lancaster (back before they sucked). When I was doing research on which ak to buy people kept mentioning Arsenal and vector in most discussions involving lancaster's quality, and with Arsenal saiga's were mentioned. I bought the lancaster in the end (because it was my first ak and I liked the tacticool one, which now has been made to look like an 100 series because I decided I didn't like tacticool after all..), but I wanted to know more about saigas (partly because the Lancaster website also mentioned them)- found this site, saw the 12 gauge, had a bit to drink and kept saying "saiga" like the sega original start up thing to my friend about every half hour, who likewise thought it looked awesome. Everytime I said saiga I laughed again at the pure badassery of such a gun.. Bought one soon after.

It's funny how many people just laugh and say holy shit the first time you explain that it's an AK that shoots 12 gauge.. And so many people have asked to shoot it and love it.

edit: oh and I about lost it when I saw the price.. considering most semi-autos.. Was so happy

Edited by volkov

I saw the Saiga 12 at a number of online sellers while looking at AK rifles, but it took me a while to "get it". At first I was thinking.... "An AK shotgun? But why would I want.... I don't get it." Yeah, I know. :rolleyes:

Then I got to thinking about the multiple roles of the shotgun.

It trumps just about anything in close and personal defensive situations. Shotguns are also king of the hill in their "sporting purposes" such as hunting due to the wide array of ammo to suit various types of game. From birds to small game to deer, a shotgun can put it on the grill.

After realizing that I NEED a shotgun, then deciding that a semi-auto is the way to go, then thinking "Ok what's the best semi-auto shotgun within my budget...... then remembering "Wait, didn't I see an AK shotgun someplace?"

Then found the Youtube videos, then found http://forum.saiga-12.com ...... Holy-Smokes then it finally got through to me, the Saiga 12 is the best semi-auto shotgun! It just happens to be a bargain too!

I think it was '06. A guy at work and I were looking to get into .458 SOCOM AR's. I found the Tromix site. I saw the SBS vids and thought, 'Yup, I need one of those.' Then it dropped off my radar. Somewhere along the line I stumbled back onto Tony's site and the hook was set for good.

I saw a repeat of the movie (Alien Nation) about 3 years ago, and liked the pump shotgun with the magazine. I typed in "mag fed 12 gauge" on Google and found this place. I brushed up on my local gun laws, lurked for a while, then got one and converted it.

I was saw my first one sitting in the glass case at the Warrior Way PX on Fort Hood in Killeen Texas in early 2007. I asked what it was and the guy at the desk said it was a 12ga. shotgun. I was like "whhhaaatt!!? A magazine fed shotgun in 12ga!?" So that's when I went straight to my room and looked as much videos and information about it as possible. I then decided FUCK YEAH :super: :super: I NEED this! So I went back 2 days later and bought it for the lousy price of $600 (at the time that was lousy). It took me about a year to learn enough from this wonderful place on the internet to start converting it. Soon enough, I decided, well shiiiit, why not get a 2nd one? So I did; Which I still own both today :smoke:

I don't recall for sure, regarding first time I saw a pic of one. The first time I saw one in person was at a shoot at a friend's house. A guy I had never met brought one. I watched in awe as he blasted 10 round mags. I asked if I could look it over and he said, "shoot it". So I did. I bought one a few months later.

I'm a pistol marksman above all.

I'm good with a rifle & shottie, but my passion is & always has been my pistols. That's what I carry & am most likely to have to use.

One of my favorite is my P-64, because it's small & soooo accurate. That being said, I tend to carry my .40 Sig due to dependability, or G-17 at times. (I double tap, so 9mm is cool for me)

As I've said before, if the SHTF, the only thing I can be sure I'll have is a pistol being as I have my CHL.

Well, as Obama was elected, we had that ammo shortage.

You couldn't even find primers for reloading.

It was 4th of July & I had been searching for 9x18 or 9x19 for days, but couldn't find any, at any price, but I saw shelves full of 12 gauge everywhere I looked.

I was heartbroken at not being able to have my personal fireworks display on the 4th.

I remembered being in a good friend of mine's shop, & seeing an AK-12 gauge next to his 50 cals... I decided to get the S-12 at that point.

I bought it & a ProMag 10 & get home all excited. I call some friends & show it off. I was so stoked about it.

Then, we went out to shoot it.

One of my good friends had a Remmy 1100 police & I figured I'd show him up, so of course I talked shit all the way up to where we shoot... :rolleyes:

Then I tested it....

It turned out to be damn near a single shot regardless of what mag I used. FTE & FTF after FTE & FTF. :(

I could get maybe 2 in a row off with the Russian 5.

I looked like an ass & felt like a fool for spending $569.00 on my single shot S-12 at that point.

Ak's are designed to be built by drunks & shot by monkeys, but in my case, it must have been built by the monkey.

I made it my mission to learn everything possible about the gun & mags & make it run like a raped ape.

Needless to say I succeeded. ;)

Everything that could have been wrong with that darn gun was wrong with it.

Now as my bro's 1100 burns through O-rings, I laugh my ass off as I do 20 round drum dumps with ammo that his can't touch. Not to mention, I'm making a living helping others get theirs running well. :smoke:

ETA; maybe I should use the :eek: emotiocon with the turnout from my latest sale instead of the; :smoke:, but once caught up & stuff levels out, it'll be back to the :smoke:

• Like 1

My first saiga experience, i was browsing at my local gun shop of choice in nov 10. I noticed a black AK with a big bore barrel. I asked my gun guy why the barrel was so large on that AK. His reply was "Its 12ga... and since i know you well i already know you want it, cash or credit card?" lol

And lucky for my it is an 09 3-port that ran birdshot like a champ straight out of the box!

Been shooting since I was in diapers. Never had a shotgun, never thought I would want one. Maybe a pump way down the road after I had everything else I wanted first. Saw the S12 on Deadliest Warrior which peaked my interest enough to do a web search and the rest is history. This site had alot to do with it.

Soon after getting out of the Military back in late 03....I ran into a CDNN inventory flier about sales and seen the S-12...FOR ONLY 229.00!!! At that time there were no accessories but I seen/could see the potential of the weapon being an AK platform...and ordered it that day. And then soon found the TROMIX site and have had that black russian sexy bitch by my side ever since...and even picked up 2 more, only 2 are TROMIX conversions though. I got my conversions done when the turn around was less than a month....and the conversion cost was a steal. I even ended up with a S-308 16 TROMIX conversion with a 74 style break... And this damn thing will bust gallon jugs at 300+ yrds w/iron sites first shot every time (I do have the Mojo Peeps on there though)!! And Then got me a Version 21 w/burris compact 2-7 and Harris bipod..... It's 500+ yrd accurate easily but that's as far as I've got to shoot it.... I'll try to get some pics on here soon of the whole Saiga Family... :killer:

Well, my Fatherhad just picked up an EAA Witness in .45 from the only local FFL that would order things in for you (Keeping in mind the area was VERY rural there werent alot of choices)...

When we went to pick it up it came with a catalog type thing that listed all of EAA's current products, with one line being the Saigas....At the time I thought "Who the hell wants a semi auto shotgun, much less one with a box mag? this is stupid!":rolleyes:

And then we went out and shot the pistol...

Years later I happened on the catalog again (was thinking about nabbing a conversion kit for the witness) and noticed the saigas again. it "clicked" this time and decided to order one, and at the time they only had .410's in stock :cryss: Took it anyway, shot it and loved it.

and now several years later I Finally nabbed a 12 through a lucky chain of events :super:

Still havent gotten a chance to shoot it :angry: damn lack of ranges in this area.... but soon :)

I saw one of the fist that came into the country at the Farmers Market Gun Show here in Atlanta. I really liked the design and it was around $200. It was the first one I had seen outside the gun magazines.

But the 5 round mags were a deal breaker and the guy did not have any extra. I was also afraid that the company or the importer would go under and I would never be able to get any more, or it would be many years before I could.

I was right. :lolol:

A couple of years ago my brother in-law was telling me about his. Of course I thought to myself I have to have one of those. It wasn't until this past Xmas when I was in buying the wife an xd and saw the s-12 on the wall. I had never actually seen one in person. Brought it home that day (love at first sight) and got on the forum to start my reading! Out of my collection the s-12 is my pride and joy. My conversion isn't complete yet but the fun never stops!

Edited by Yoshi

The first time a saw any Saiga was back in 2003 at a gun shop around the corner from work and I thought they were the ugliest rifles I had ever seen. Boy was I wrong! Back then the going price was around $265.00 I don't think it was too long after that I saw the S12 though which I was luck to get one last year by way of trade for my Glock 30. Best trade I ever made!:lolol:

i was talking to a buddy of mine about how much i liked tactical shotguns but how i also wanted an AK....only had the money for one....so he says "i'll be right back" and comes in and throws an issue of shotgun news into my lap opened up to an article on S12's . problem solved! i had one within a month and have been lovin it ever since!

What? Am I the ONLY one that had their first encounter with a Saiga 12 here, in 03?:

137231ss.jpg

I thought it was an interesting design (Already owning an 870) and mentioned it to a friend who owned one (and a pawn shop in the area)

Immediately after firing his, I bought my own. Probalby 05 or 06.

Some one tried to invade my home around 2 AM, and I realized that I wanted something more powerful than a 9mm if things ever got bad. I went to my range/gunshop looking for a shotgun and saw the saiga 12. One of the guys behind the desk recommended an 870 to me do to the increased capacity, the "mental effect" of a pump shotgun, and because he considered the S-12 to be unrealiable. All I can say is thank God for the internet.

I found your forum, posted a few questions, and caught the addiction. Maybe I'll eventually get an 870, but IMO the S12 is more than enough of a shotgun for me.

yep about 4 years ago when I picked it up from my FFL. Most folks, even some guys into guns, still don't know what they are. Mine now has an ace folder, hk sights, chaos tri rail, md20 drum, wedge. The only thing left I want is to cut the barrel back and permanently attach a warthog and maybe install the LRBHO. maybe. I had it out when a guy came over and he asked if it was air soft because it didn't think it could be real.