I am thinking of buying another fun style shotgun and was wondering what other folks here like, besides our beloved Saiga 12, and why.

Leaning toward the Remington 11-87 Tactical.

Right now I only have Saiga 12's since those serve my fun needs. However, I am considering dropping two bills for an IAC 982 (Norinco) as a home defense beater (it has ghost ring sights and I won't give a crap if it ever gets stolen or confiscated if I have to use it for HD).

Edited- Found a new 870 at Sportsman's Warehouse for $250 - went with that instead.

Edited by BuffetDestroyer

The Remington 870 is the king of the combat pumps. I have a Marine model with a factory folding stock that I carried on duty for years and it never let me down!

I am eagerly awaiting the Kel-Tec KSG.

But as far as what I own,

Ithaca 37 12ga

Remington 870 Wingmaster 20ga

Mossberg .410 bolt action

Edited by L5K

Seems like the 870, and 590 are popular items. Does nobody trust the semi auto versions? Am I realistically going to experience many jams in the semi-autos with what seems to be really reliable ammo these days? I like either, due to the ability to constantly feed it ammo, but I have always had a hard time actually remembering to cycle a pump gun. I always shoot and then "click" darn it, cycle a round dumb-ass!

I really like the semi auto feature. Am I just being lazy?

I cut my teeth 40 years ago on a Rem 1100 and in the 10`s of thousands shot thru it never failed me even once .

I have 4) 870`s of various ages and setups,1)steel top folder ,2) police 18" issue and a late express 3" fantastic guns .

I have 1) H&K M1 super 90 it has never failed me but it is finicky about ammo ,1 1/8 Oz. Max Dram loads only and it is a very happy camper !

I have 1) Saiga 12 108 19" love it ,Cobra made me a pic rail for it !!!

all above in 12 Ga.

I have 1) Mossberg 500 in 20 Ga with the early polychoke factory issue .

and 1) Mossberg 410 bolt action older than i am both work flawlessly !!!!

Edited by belt fed frog

ive got a mossberg 500A which is actually a pretty cool shotgun. as it is though, its all stock. i want to get some tactical accessories for it though. heat shield for the barrel, collapsible stock with a pistol grip, and shell holders for the stock and the side of the shotgun. maybe put a large bayonet on it too

I had a Pardner Protector (870 clone) and it ran like a champ. But I left it with my dad up in NY. I might pick up another one someday. They're pretty cheap and you won't find one bad review about them (other than; "But it's made in China!!!").

I had an 870 bird gun but wanted a tactical setup and the cost of modifying it made me sell it instead. Great gun though. I almost bought a Benelli M4 but while researching it stumbled across the Saiga 12. I now own 3 Saigas (12, 223, 308) and have about the same money in them as an M4. I'd still get one if money was no object however.

Remington 870 police magnum that I had barrel threaded for chokes and a cut back Browning A5. You gotta have a pump. As an oddity, I'd really like to have a double barrel like Michael's Sicilian body guards had in the Godfather-no real reason other than I just liked the look of the damn thing and don't have a clue what it is.

post-1866-0-55241700-1299805112_thumb.png

Brownings. Citoris and an A5 Magnum - the first autoloader designed I believe (not the magnum but the Auto 5)

The A5 is not much fun and I've learned to break clays as well with my S12 as the O/U Citoris.

So my suggestion pretty much conforms to the rest - Get an 870 - that's what I want next.