Are you having ejection problems with low brass?

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I think my saiga 12 would cycle a lot better with a double stack mag. I'm just saying.

Who out there has trouble cycling the cheap bulk pack ammo from their 12, 20, or .410 Saiga?

Yes, I guess it is so loaded everyone smells a rat.   I was going to get some people together with cycling problems and send a few samples out. I guess all I have to do is read a few pages of thre

Yes, I guess it is so loaded everyone smells a rat. :lolol:

I was going to get some people together with cycling problems and send a few samples out. I guess all I have to do is read a few pages of thread titles and pick some canidates. That's what I'll do.

In the mean time here is a new thread I started. Click Thread Link

• Like 1

Hey mike when I first got

My saiga it would not take the bulk pack stuff then I done a port and polish job and then it would shoot the 3" stuff no problem, then iwon your gas plug and muzzle break. Took it out yesterday to shoot it for the first time with the new gas plug, I had a few bulk pack2/34in 7.5 shot rounds and I got a box of remington no6 shot 2/34in had the gas plug on setting 5 and all rounds were 2/34 in. It. Had FTE on every round was wondering if it was the gas plug. Or going to 2/34in. Shells.be happy to test something for you

Edited by DOGG

Yes, I guess it is so loaded everyone smells a rat. :lolol:

I was going to get some people together with cycling problems and send a few samples out. I guess all I have to do is read a few pages of thread titles and pick some canidates. That's what I'll do.

In the mean time here is a new thread I started. Click Thread Link

Errr....

My gun doesn't cycle (less lethal bean bags) very well...

:nothing:

Just picked one of your pucks up to play around with. :up:

Maybe if business ever slows, I'll actually have time to try it. ^_^

I do....I went to the range Sat. after I drilled out

2 of the 3 ports to 1/16 and one to 3/32.

I dident know that my front sight fell out.

I took out the MD plug and went back to factory.

The Fed 3 1/4 Dram 2 3/4 7 1/2 shot did ok but

not as well as before drilling.( prob because of F sight)

On Sun. drilled all three to 3 /32 theeeeeeen I

saw the F sight was missing. So I pluged it up with

set screw and did a little hammer profiling and polish.

I can rack one back a lot smoother.But I can't get to

the range for a few weeks.

Mine runs way better with a V-Plug but still has issues with low brass. I have had the bolt, carrier, and FCG re-profiled and polished. Nothing done to the gas ports. I have to run setting 2 for 3" 00 Buck and setting 3 for 2 3/4' 00 Buck and Slugs. Does this sound normal for the V-Plug Mike?

I'm having trouble with low brass. Its still in the break in period, I've run 150 rounds of assorted high brass on 1 and haven't had any issues with that, but most low brass won't even cycle on 2. The only thing not buckshot or slugs that has cycled was some #8 Winchester AA Super Target.

My Saiga 12 cycled low brass fine out of the box. After the conversion however, I could only cycle the high brass stuff. That's too expensive, and hard on a 135lb guy. I polished and lightly reprofiled the hammer, under Paulyski's careful guidance. This helped a bit, still some FTE's every few rounds. Luckily, I got a low brass reliability kit from CSS, which included a Gunfixers Gas Knob, E-Tac Twisterpuck, and lighter recoil spring. I tried all combinations of these in the gun, and what worked best was the Gunfixers Gas Knob, factory puck, and light recoil spring. I couldn't get the Twisterpuck to work at all for me. I hardly see FTE's now, but still happens every now and then. My problem is, I have to change out the recoil spring every time I want to run some high brass. That means I have to carry my little "tackle box" containing the spring and some other spare parts in, and it gets to be a hassle. I've put about 250 rounds through it, and it still won't cycle with the factory spring.

Mine won't cycle low brass, high brass seems to work fine. With low brass it becomes a single shot. I have the gunfixer plug in it(came with the gun). I have Pauly working his magic on the bolt group right now. Hopefully it will cycle better when he is done. If not I will be looking to purchase the booster piston to see if it helps.

I'd be happy to test this plug for you. I would imagine it could only help my problem. Win bulk turns my auto into a bolt action, shells hang up every time. Anything that would help make my gun cycle better would be great. I am also considering the md gas plug as well. I just hate to start throwing money at it hoping to fix the issue. Federal cycles better than the winchester but I'm still having fte issues.

Well Mike, I was going to hang around and hope for a freebie test product, but I read the thread when you introduced these pucks, and I'll just buy it. Mostly because of the way you stand by your products and won't put your name on anything that doesn't deserve it. You say it boosts reliability, so I'll throw it in my low brass kit and see if she does the trick. Besides, I've dumped so much trial and error money into my Saiga that another $16 won't hurt. Here's to capitalism.

:beer:

My S12 actually cycles Federal bulk well, Winchester/Remington are a no go. I purchased the low brass reliability kit from CSS, I use the puck that came in the kit with the factory gas plug, and stock spring. My gun actually cycles quite poorly using the V Plug, even with the reduced recoil spring. Any advice here would be appreciated. My ports appear to be in good order.

With the stock puck or with the GOUSA twister puck and on setting 4 for the largest gas, I still get occasional FTE with Federal low brass from wally mart. I was thinking after Pauly's polishing job, maybe it'll help. Maybe not...

I'm down to test one out. I shoot bout once a month or so and 200+ shells a session as my buddies use my firearms too.

With the stock puck or with the GOUSA twister puck and on setting 4 for the largest gas, I still get occasional FTE with Federal low brass from wally mart. I was thinking after Pauly's polishing job, maybe it'll help. Maybe not...

I'm down to test one out. I shoot bout once a month or so and 200+ shells a session as my buddies use my firearms too.

A dremel and some cratex wheels is really all you need to do a polish job, and with cratex there's not much risk of hurting anything. Profiling is pretty easy and hard to mess up unless you go crazy, if you're scared of profiling everything then yea of course go with Pauly.

Cratex will certainly de-bur and polish everything up like a mirror in a hurry. It's insanely useful for about anything, even using it with your hands it makes doing a trigger job on about any gun a breeze.

Edited by Tombs

A dremel and some cratex wheels is really all you need to do a polish job, and with cratex there's not much risk of hurting anything. Profiling is pretty easy and hard to mess up unless you go crazy, if you're scared of profiling everything then yea of course go with Pauly.

Cratex will certainly de-bur and polish everything up like a mirror in a hurry. It's insanely useful for about anything, even using it with your hands it makes doing a trigger job on about any gun a breeze.

That sounds nice and I'm sure I could do it, as I am pretty competent. But I dont care to spend the time, $100 isnt a ton of $ to me and above all, people swear by Paulys work. So he has had all my parts since last Monday and I expect to have them back in a week or so.

Thanks