It's a political move. We need to ask for it back nicely before we go in and take the fucking thing back with military force. If not, Iran will claim that they would have just handed it over if we had asked for it, and there was no need for the U.S. aggression. Trying to make us look like thugs.....you know how those fuckers are........

Tony

• Like 6

Surely the first thing they want to do is take this thing apart for a close inspection of the inner parts.With as much technology as goes into these things you would think they could plant an explosive charge inside that would detonate if the drone was disassembled in anything other than a precise sequence known only to our people. Barring something like that, it should at least be able to tell us exactly where it is so we know where to drop the the twelve bunker buster bombs.

Surely the first thing they want to do is take this thing apart for a close inspection of the inner parts.With as much technology as goes into these things you would think they could plant an explosive charge inside that would detonate if the drone was disassembled in anything other than a precise sequence known only to our people. Barring something like that, it should at least be able to tell us exactly where it is so we know where to drop the the twelve bunker buster bombs.

That is very odd to me. So top secret. So valuable. A spy plane at that! With no way to secure the technology if captured. Makes no sense. Let's just ask for it back!

Interesting point while I was researching the plane, from Wikipedia:

The design lacks several elements common to stealth engineering, namely notched landing gear doors and sharp leading edges. It has a curved wing planform, and the exhaust is not shielded by the wing.[10] Aviation Week postulates that these elements suggest the designers have avoided 'highly sensitive technologies' due to the near certainty of eventual operational loss inherent with a single engine design and a desire to avoid the risk of compromising leading edge technology.

No doubt the Iranians will get some good stuff out of it plus the political points, but it seems like super secret cutting edge this craft may not be,

It was possibly brought down by electronic warfare.And no Iran does not have to give nothing back... we obviously intruded into their airspace without permission. We can ask for it all we want.

Sometimes you pay to play.

Edited by HappYBallZ

It's a political move. We need to ask for it back nicely before we go in and take the fucking thing back with military force. If not, Iran will claim that they would have just handed it over if we had asked for it, and there was no need for the U.S. aggression. Trying to make us look like thugs.....you know how those fuckers are........

Tony

To add to Tonys excellent comment............It's almost like things are done on purpose in order to give us a door to walk through sometimes, in this instance I hope that's the case. I don't look at this incident as a bad thing if we act with extreme force and brutality.....but that could just be my wishful thinking.

Send them another one with a small (nuclear maybe) warhead. Hopefully they’ll put them side by side for a photo op with the major players on hand.

http://www.militarypictures.info/nuclear/suitcase-nuke.jpg.html

http://www.pbase.com/ralf/image/31442384

Then ask if they want some more American technology.

• Like 2

Send them another one with a small (nuclear maybe) warhead. Hopefully they’ll put them side by side for a photo op with the major players on hand.

Then ask if they want some more American technology.

Excellent idea we can drill though the glass for the oil.........

Great idea guys - what this country needs is another expensive war halfway around the world. Especially with a (possibly nuclear-armed) country aligned with China and Russia, and when we were violating their airspace. The rest of the world doesn't hate us quite enough, and it's been a while since our last world war.

Y'all are a bunch of geniuses.

• Like 4

Going 12220, you might want to read the news coming out of Japan a little more: The leadership is trying to figure out if they need to toss Article 9 of the constitution (the one that says 'no war') in order for them to possess nuclear weapons. I think Japan is seeing the writing on the wall for the US's ability to cover their butts.

I dunno about the drone. I mean, there's a lot of things you can do to manipulate your RCS that are completely unclassified. You know those VariEze prop jobs? Like the one John Denver crashed into the ocean? They have about jack for an RCS, fiberglass doesn't reflect radar. My airframe maintenance instructor had one, and he could be on top of the air traffic control radar station and they could not see him with his transponder off.

You would think the designers would have put a remote self-destructive devise built in for just such an occasion. I mean, how much more could it cost, as compared to how much it would save.

I honestly don't think there is anything there that we care that much about. If there was, we would be taking it back already via covert ops or openly bombing the shit out of it.

Edit:

By taking it back I mean finding a way to destroy it.

Edited by dayofruin

Great idea guys - what this country needs is another expensive war halfway around the world. Especially with a (possibly nuclear-armed) country aligned with China and Russia, and when we were violating their airspace. The rest of the world doesn't hate us quite enough, and it's been a while since our last world war.

Y'all are a bunch of geniuses.

Well for the record I’m one of those who believe we’re already at war with those people. No not the big WAR, it’s the little proxy wars that at every chance they do something to get at you using outside players for attacks. Any thoughts on where all the insurgents get training, guns, ammo, explosives from used to attack our troops and people, it’s not their local Wal-Mart. If we sit back and let them develop enough weapon systems with enough fire power they’ll use it either outright or as an ongoing threat. So if they send an RPG we send something that knocks their dicks into the dirt so the next group rethinks their poking us with a stick. Beats the hell out of sitting around the campfire toasting marshmallows and singing "Kum ba yah" till they’re ready.

I dunno, I keep thinking about just normalizing relations and watching Iran tear itself apart when they don't have the US to blame for unfair trading conditions, etc anymore.

Give them exactly what the ask for on their internal propaganda that they use to distract the people from the monumental mess the RevGovt has made of the country and watch the sparks.

As the old punchline goes, it's just what I asked for but not what I wanted.

Only fair to note I’m retired and not one of the ones who has to fight the war or the WAR so yes I’d have some real reservations about sending men and women out to fight for what I believe is right. I also hate to see these same men and women killed by an enemy acting like a coward using others to do their bidding.