only 284 days till the Mayan calender ends ( as of 3/11)

What will happen on December 21 2012  

99 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think will happen on December 21 2012

• Solar flare knocks out all electronics sending us into the dark ages
    • earths poles flip causing new ice age
    • nothing except the wakos that believe this cause riots
    • I just get another day older
    • mutiple natural disasters( tsunamis, earth quakes, super volcanos erupting) cause destruction

Well in about 373 days the Mayan calender will offically end and a lot of people think with that comes the end of the world. I don't believe in anyof that but it is an interesting topic. what do you think? I just know i will be preparing for any kind of emergency just in case. Beans,Bullets and band-aids buy em cheap and stack em deep

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Nothing is going to happen as I am in the process of building a replica Mayan Sacrificial Altar.

That's nothing; I've got a calendar right on my desk that ends in 17 days!

Just don't chase after those Mayan girls too hard. They'll rip your heart out.

Posted Images

I'm gonna predict the future on this one and say a bunch of "well nothing happened" threads are going to pop up, maybe even a few resurrected s12 ban threads to scare some folk. But it'll mostly just be a different barfly... in a same stall or somethin like that.

There will always be some kind of thing happening. I like that old an ounce of prevention bit. And if it doesn't work out, you tried and we all have to go one day anyway. Just go fighting on your terms. And make sure you're right with your god before you do. Best not to worry too much about it. More than likely it'll be some fienklestein shit kid...soab... That pushes a button and does us all in rather than the myans callender prediction. Chinas all pissy we found their chity wall underground. Could be bad, who knows.

The calendar ending represents the end of an age. The Maya didn't go as far as a 6th age, just the 5th age ending, so their long count calendar just stops. The Hopi, however, have it as us entering the 5th age. These transitions signify great change. Kind of an end to things as they are. There are many prophecies that go along with these transitions.

Personally... I think we will have some isolated cases of "it's the end of the world and I don't care" looting going on.

• Like 1

I sure wish something would happen but it most likely will not.Anything to break the ever tightening loop of authoritarian control schemes and bipedal cattle giving away my rights with reckless abandon so long as they can swipe their plastic swerve through traffic texting on their iphones and screw each other's spouses by hooking up on fakebook they perfectly seem happy to sell my my every last freedom up the river.

Maybe a good 6 months with the lights out would wake them up or kill them off(either one would be fine with me) but alas the curse these sorry douche nozzles have brought upon us is all the disaster we will get and it's a slow motion disaster so nobody moves out of the way until they figure out that Soylent Green is people,lol

• Like 5

Gotta keep the sheeple SCARED! Scared people do stupid things, and there is a profit in that!

What is happening is that the Mayan calender marks epochs by the convergence of the plane of the ecliptic and the plane of the galaxy (milky way). This occurs in conjunction with a major alignment of the planets which will align every major gravitational attractor in a single plane.

What does all that mean???

Higher tides, more seismic activity,bigger storms. Catastrophic? Only to the extent that is caused by over population. There are 7 Billion people on this planet, and it can only accommodate about 2 Billion comfortably. Several of our Billions are crammed in low coastal,steep mountainous, or otherwise geographically undesirable places. A minor increase in tidal,tectonic,or atmospheric activity will have a disparate effect on those marginal places with large overpopulations. Nature's way of reseting the balance of population vs the productivity of the land.

• Like 4

Well, all joking aside, if you read about reports from NASA and others, the solar flares should scare you.

I'm not saying the world will end, but some pretty catastrophic stuff could be going down.

Absolutely. It's happened before. We just didn't have the technology that we rely on today.

Gotta admit... With this whole thing, 2012 will be an interesting year astronomically speaking. It's amazing that ancient civilizations were able to calculate things so precisely with how "primitive" they were.

• Like 1

I can hardly wait and made sure I have that week for 2012 vacation time. Best case I'll be sitting on my roof with a BBQ pit, cooler full of frosty beverage, and my favorite firearms for some last minute target practice in the event we get lucky enough to see our beloved zombieshaha.gif If plan "A" falls through, I still have three weeks vacation to enjoy before I get it back in May 2012 and have the rest of the week to sleep off what might be a monumental hang over and maybe go bang the wife in celebrationred_heart.gif

Well, all joking aside, if you read about reports from NASA and others, the solar flares should scare you.

I'm not saying the world will end, but some pretty catastrophic stuff could be going down.

Amazingly the Earth (even amid all this climate change bullshit) has a natural cooling mechanism in the oceans which cover the majority of the planet. The hotter it gets, then the more water will evaporate creating clouds that block out and reflect radiation and light. Also the more plankton and algae will use the energy to produce Oxygen!

I am sure the whacktard environmentalists will still say that the solar flares were caused because I don't drive a fucking Prius.

• Like 3

well, we survived the rapture... so 2012 should be a breeze...

Well that just means we have to survive hell on earth, another 4 for the O. I voted for the poles flipping, as others have said, thinning the herd is not a bad thing.

I was talkin' about that Harold Camping thing...

I am sure the whacktard environmentalists will still say that the solar flares were caused because I don't drive a fucking Prius.

Bahaha that's a good one.

As far as the Mayans, they carved this calendar in stone right? I bet they just ran out of rock and said screw it, we won't be around then anyway. Some may buy into it but I don't think we'll see widespread riots or anything, we didn't on Y2K and that was pretty much the same thing.

Amazingly the Earth (even amid all this climate change bullshit) has a natural cooling mechanism in the oceans which cover the majority of the planet. The hotter it gets, then the more water will evaporate creating clouds that block out and reflect radiation and light. Also the more plankton and algae will use the energy to produce Oxygen!

Think more alOng the lines of a big natural EMP. We saw the northern light here in southern Indiana a short bit ago. That was due to a solar flare sweeping across the Earth. We had one in the 1800's that the equivalent of today would fry the power grid.