10 best cars for the end of the world

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

military 2-1/2 or 5 ton 6X6. Goes just about anywhere and can drive over or through most obstacles. Will even run under water with the snorkel attached.   Here is a 2-1/2 ton I restored a few years

Old maintained iron, easy to fix, Comfort won't be 1st priority.

Posted Images

I vote for the volkswagon microbus,

seriously though, most want a big 4x4 that can go anywhere,

although I think a vehicle with great gas milage, with offroad tires would be plenty, considering today that improved roads are everyhere,

and will last longer than the gas supply in a post apocoliptic world.

even if your bug out location is deep in the woods, if you have much of a structure, you or someone had to truck in all the material to build your house or cabin, etc. so there must be some kind of decent trail/road, so a normal vehicle with some offroad tires I think is all most woud need, and would not be needed much, you would not be having to commute to work or run to wal-mart.

military 2-1/2 or 5 ton 6X6. Goes just about anywhere and can drive over or through most obstacles. Will even run under water with the snorkel attached.

Here is a 2-1/2 ton I restored a few years ago.

M211.jpg

I'll see you that deuce-and-a-half, and raise you one of these:

m-16halftrack.jpg

Those old 2.5T were tough trucks. We had one converted for a tanker at the VFD I was with in HS, and it was virtually unstoppable.

Edited by Lone Eagle
  • Like 2

military 2-1/2 or 5 ton 6X6. Goes just about anywhere and can drive over or through most obstacles. Will even run under water with the snorkel attached.

Those old 2.5T were tough trucks. We had one converted for a tanker at the VFD I was with in HS, and it was virtually unstoppable.

nice, is there still an import restriction on the tracks?

One in the middle is now a self contained camper with all comforts of a modern camper, propane generator, on demand water heater, stove, furnance, shower, toilet, holding tanks, and even AC.110/24volt/12volt Added a Mad Max type pumper, and roof racks since pic.

post-3200-0-14787000-1329061168_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

Ruffian72-Think you can pick me up at the end of the world? Sounds pretty comfy in that rig!

1.Maurauder-want....but to poor

2.Jeep Cherokee-REALLY?! Over an excursion or expedition, puhlease.

3.Toyota Hi-Lux-can't find one and I like to buy American

4.Solar car-all good in the hood until you have to clear a 1" curb

5.Subaru-I don't dare put myself in one of the worlds largest yuppie cllub vehicles.

6.VW Microbus-If I'm on a short bus at the end of the world.........enough said

7.Woody wagon-"is this the apoclypse or a demolition derby?

8.Porsche 911-If it's the end of the world I'd steal it and just repeatedly drive it around the block while listening to really loud techno and speaking in a German accent.

9.Jeep Wrangler-been in a rollover in one, no thanks. Won't even get in one now.

10.Rally fighter-I'd never make it out of the driveway cause I'd just be staring at it licking my lips.

M211.jpg

Still a gaser, or did it get the diesel switch over. Learned to drive in one of these, converted to a feed wagon before I was born. Really took a lot of abuse.

Not sure. That picture is on my "Things to buy when I win the lottery" list..

Not sure. That picture is on my "Things to buy when I win the lottery" list..

A half track would be the shit, with some triangle tracks up front!

• Like 1

I guess most of the guys wanting huge ATV's know how to do maintenance and change out those huge tires when you break down in the middle of nowhere with no spare parts,tools or a garage in sight..I'd go for something simple and easy to fix...

Actually no different than regular rig, and basic mech. knowledge and standard tools. No computer/electronic issues. Hoses and belts all in the open. Self sealing internal tubes, have built in air compressor if needed. No different than changing regular tire, just bigger equipment. All fits in box under door. Tire in back or on built in winch/carrier. Done it on oil field supply trail. Farm raised, not a big deal, learned to make things work in middle of nowhere.
  • Like 1

M211.jpg

Still a gaser, or did it get the diesel switch over. Learned to drive in one of these, converted to a feed wagon before I was born. Really took a lot of abuse.

yep, 302 GMC gas burner. I no longer have it,got out of the hobby a few years ago and sold it..

I guess most of the guys wanting huge ATV's know how to do maintenance and change out those huge tires when you break down in the middle of nowhere with no spare parts,tools or a garage in sight..I'd go for something simple and easy to fix...

What's wrong with huge tires?

batmobile_tumbler1.jpg

• Like 3