New Aluminum Buttstock From Tromix (pic)

Shown as-machined. Will be coated black before shipping.......we may clear coat some as well.

Will be at the Tromix distributors in about 2 weeks. Bolts up to the standard 5/8" between centers interface.

I don't have the final price yet.

Tony Rumore

Tromix Corp

post-1323-0-80127600-1340912379_thumb.jpg

• Like 10

It weighs 19oz. The polymer version weighs 10oz. It does not have the offset so it looks good when used as a fixed bolt-up or with the hinge. It will also work with the StormWerks hinge as well, whereas the other stock will not. The StormWerks hinge really holds the stock in tight against the receiver, rather than hanging out a bit using the ACE hinge. If we had the offset flange on the stock, it would not allow it to fold up tight against the receiver using the StormWerks hinge. Length is the standard 8.5".

Tony

That looks fantastic! Seems like exactly what I'm looking for.

Couple of questions:

1) I don't understand the "standard 5/8ths inch interface" reference. Does it require the tang to be cut off?

2) Butt-pad included?

3) How's the vibration of aluminum against the cheek? And do you know of any comb/cheek pads that will fit it?

Thanks, Tony!

So I'm guessing this one WON'T break when the weapon it's on is dropped 4ft. onto soft mud like the poly stock does???

How many of them have you broken?

One and that's enough for me...

I agree, that's why we are making the new model.

However, in over 10,000 guns sold, less than a dozen have been reported broken.

That looks fantastic! Seems like exactly what I'm looking for.

3) How's the vibration of aluminum against the cheek? And do you know of any comb/cheek pads that will fit it?

I'm just guessing here, but it looks like this will fit;

DSC02815.JPG

If not, give Greg a week or two after he gets one in "stock" ^_^ & I'm sure one will be released that will.

quick question, did you guys think about maybe channeling out the "beams" to decrease the overall weight? with so much metal, it does seem like one could do that and not sacrifice structural rigidity. Looking at my DPH stock, I can see that one could totally do that.