if you are digging into this disregard the reports that he stated on http://9gag.com/ he was going to "shoot people up in a theater," it's a hoax, I looked into it and there is no mention, if a thread on there was so discussed it would be easy to find evidence of it, even if it was taken down.

I feel sorry for the other guy on facebook that shares his name.

My Prayers go out to the families and I hope no more are lost to wounds inflicted during this.

• Like 2
  • Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You can armchair quarterback this situation till you turn blue in the face but I will say one thing. I would not allow myself to be slaughtered with the fleeing sheep. I'm sure he had to be covering

This is a terrible tragedy but on Memorial day weeked over 40 people were shot in Chicago, 10 expired. The body count for the year, 250. TWENTY TIMES that were killed today. So they are already carryi

Here's food for thought. Up until the September 11 attacks in NYC, the largest mass murder in NYC history occured when Cuban Refugee Julio Gonzales killed 87 people inside the Happy Land Social Club

Posted Images

The saddest part is he is in custody? He should be on a slab.

I think its better that he is alive....with him alive they(the media) cant just make it what they want(at least not all the way lol)

This was a terrible thing that happened and maybe Im just fucked up in the head, but when shit like this happens in the back of my mind is the thought "if he/she/they would have done it this way there wouldve been more casualties". He popped smoke in the theater, that wouldve made the crowed panic(think yelling fire/bomb in the theater) they wouldve rushed to the exits only to bottle neck and make it easier.

As for how he couldve gotten in through the back. It would be very easy to go to the theater earlier in the day, go to the exit infront by the screen after an earlier movie open the exit and "shim" the door making easy to open from the outside with just a quick pull. Thats what he might have done seeing as his car was parked right in front of the emergency in the back fo that theater.

I do NOT condone his actions and think this is a very terrible tragedy....thats just how my mind works. Thinking of better more efficient ways of doing things.

• Like 2

The saddest part is he is in custody? He should be on a slab.

I think its better that he is alive....with him alive they(the media) cant just make it what they want(at least not all the way lol)

This was a terrible thing that happened and maybe Im just fucked up in the head, but when shit like this happens in the back of my mind is the thought "if he/she/they would have done it this way there wouldve been more casualties". He popped smoke in the theater, that wouldve made the crowed panic(think yelling fire/bomb in the theater) they wouldve rushed to the exits only to bottle neck and make it easier.

As for how he couldve gotten in through the back. It would be very easy to go to the theater earlier in the day, go to the exit infront by the screen after an earlier movie open the exit and "shim" the door making easy to open from the outside with just a quick pull. Thats what he might have done seeing as his car was parked right in front of the emergency in the back fo that theater.

I do NOT condone his actions and think this is a very terrible tragedy....thats just how my mind works. Thinking of better more efficient ways of doing things.

Man what as asshole you are. How old are you? Im thinking of better more efficient ways I would like to and could kick your ass. For a vet you sure act like a punk, disapointing man.

• Like 2

You can armchair quarterback this situation till you turn blue in the face but I will say one thing. I would not allow myself to be slaughtered with the fleeing sheep. I'm sure he had to be covering the exits and targeting those folks when they tried to escape. A handgun vs a rifle is better than throwing your fucking popcorn at him IMO.

• Like 8

I told my wife 2 years ago that before these four years were up, there would be some major event that would throw this whole assault weapons ban debate back to center stage. Looks like that just happened.

I was thinking the same thing. These incidents seem to always coincide with election cycles.

• Like 3

I know that, in Michigan, movie theaters tend to be pistol-free zones, but I couldn't find anything online about Colorado.

Mine is concealed under my shirt.

I would rather take a trespass charge rather than the what if.

9/10 times I am with my girls seeing movies. I will protect them at all cost!!

• Like 1

I know that, in Michigan, movie theaters tend to be pistol-free zones, but I couldn't find anything online about Colorado.

ummmmm..... whoops!

I told my wife 2 years ago that before these four years were up, there would be some major event that would throw this whole assault weapons ban debate back to center stage. Looks like that just happened.

I was thinking the same thing. These incidents seem to always coincide with election cycles.

I'm not terribly worried about the legislative repercussions. If I'm not mistaken, there was no tightening of gun laws after Gabrielle Giffords was shot.

• Like 2

I hate that we live in world where people do things like this. It's a terrible thing, and I know I should probably feel worse about the loss of life. But to be honest it only makes me more and more concerned about how this gun control debate is going to pan out. I want to become a gun smith and own my own shop. For the past few years or so I've not been sure about what I want to do until I discovered my love of the industry and a real passion for the mechanics involved. I believe that our right to keep and bear arms is worth fighting for, I would just rather it not come to that, ya know? There's lots of people on here who say that if that day comes they'd put up a fight over turning over their guns, and I'm not saying that they wouldn't or even if that's right or wrong. But if that's how it plays out I'm sure they're not going to send a couple of dudes in suits and say please. On an individual basis and waiting for them to come, the gun owner would be out numbered and usually out gunned. And if everyone who believes in fighting for that right gets taken out, who's left to try win that freedom back? I dunno it just seems that every day the possibility of that outcome is more and more real, and I'm sorry I got so off topic it's just been gettin me down lately that the way of life I've decided to base my career on is under so much attack.

Pretty sad, another nut job that can't handle life. I wonder if anyone saw signs of this coming and did not report it?

It was reported that his mother was not surprised that her son was the shooter. Perhaps she should have talked to somebody about this.

I believe the communist will try to use this event as a tool in their struggle to destroy our gun rights. They will fail. This is a sick, evil, sack of shit that acted alone. It's not the device, it's the individual.

I wonder what will happen with the shooter. Never heard anything about the nut case in Arizona. He vanished.

On another note, no better time than right now to carry your weapon. If someone acts up like this, take one for the team and risk your life saving others. Where the hell were all the gun owners in Colorado? Nobody had a firearm to protect themselves and others?

Very sad day. Unarmed victims and a nutcase shooter.

G-d bless the victims and their family.

That dickhead got shipped to another state for psych evaluation to see if he is competent to stand trial.

The news made sure to mention that fucksack this morning.

They just released the guns he used. He was caught in the car with an AR 15, a Remington 870 shotgun, and a .40 Glock. And another Glock of unknown cal was left at the scene. They are also saying he wore a ballistic helmet, gasmask, ballistic tactical vest, leggings, groin and neck protector.

I just found out about this incident a few minutes ago since I've been extremely busy. This was a horrific act committed by a madman. I'm concerned that several news media are already asking questions related to "the legality" of the weapons used and the number of rounds fired. I just pray that the lone actions of one complete and total nut case do not come back to effect us all.

Here in Topeka, the big mutiplex movie theater, whose name rhymes with "Bollywood" Theaters, has now posted the no firearms stickers on their doors. First we can't bring in any of our own food, then they take away the popcorn seasoning and shove some other oil at us instead of coconut like nature intended. Next, we'll have to sign a release not to bleed on their floors if we become some nutcase's target. I pass out my boycott cards to these places. I guess I'll have to be content watching crap at WalMart at 6am since this will probably set off another firestorm of weapon bannings in businesses. Every business I encounter that doesn't have a correctly compliant sign posted, does get my business.

• Like 1

Regardless of whether anyone was armed or not, in that semi-dark setting and with that many people in relatively close proximity to the shooter, I would have liked to have seen a couple of brave souls take a run at this guy and tackle him before he could get off that many rounds. Real easy for me to say, I know. I'm not second guessing anybody, I'm just asking the question.....At what point do you say "Somebody here has to try to stop this somehow"? For all we know that may have actually happened, but was not successful. It also wouldn't surprise me if someone in the theater was armed but just couldn't get a clear shot. I hope I'm never in that situation but the lesson I take from this is that if you are going to act, act fast.

• Like 3

Our local AMC theater is "gun free". I bitched about it and gave them my no boycott card but I'm just one in thousands. I wont go where I can't feel relatively safe and gun free zone are anything but safe.

I'm starting to wonder if some of these wackadoodles aren't recruited and "financed".

As for what would we do...

If we think that we will not respond appropriately, then we will not. NO CHANCE. If we think we will, then train to, then we likely will. Mentallity is half the fight. Better to die fighting than cowering on your knees.

My prayers out to the victums and survivors.

• Like 4

Regardless of whether anyone was armed or not, in that semi-dark setting and with that many people in relatively close proximity to the shooter, I would have liked to have seen a couple of brave souls take a run at this guy and tackle him before he could get off that many rounds. Real easy for me to say, I know. I'm not second guessing anybody, I'm just asking the question.....At what point do you say "Somebody here has to try to stop this somehow"? For all we know that may have actually happened, but was not successful. It also wouldn't surprise me if someone in the theater was armed but just couldn't get a clear shot. I hope I'm never in that situation but the lesson I take from this is that if you are going to act, act fast.

They've been teaching school kids(in some areas) to mob an attacker for several years now. Bite, scratch, etc. Perhaps some day those kids will "rise up while we sit still".

excuse my tin foil... but:

The Ominous warning from the ATF regarding whistle blowers and the shooting at the Batman movie premiere go together like "peanut butter and Jaaaaaam!" Just sayin'..... With the UN small arms bill right around the corner... a rouge Gov origination that has already PROVEN it has no regard for American lives so long as they achieve their nefarious goals..

"You don’t ever want a crisis to go to waste; it’s an opportunity to do important things that you would otherwise avoid." -- Rahm Emanuel

Man what as asshole you are. How old are you? Im thinking of better more efficient ways I would like to and could kick your ass. For a vet you sure act like a punk, disapointing man.

First off I wasn't saying "if I was that guy I would've done it like this"..I'm saying that I think of it as "they are very lucky he DIDN'T do it like this" I'm glad the guy was an idiot and really didn't know what he was doing or A LOT more would've died.

I'm an asshole because I think of better more efficient ways to do EVERYTHING because I have ONE fuckin arm to work with.

How old am I?.....how old are you? Guess you think I'm just some punk kid.

You want to AND could "kick my add"? Well even though I only have the one arm, I still know how to and perform an rear naked choke lol. Come to TN and find out....side note, you might get "Operator'ed"...just made up a new verb lol

• Like 1

You want to AND could "kick my add"? Well even though I only have the one arm, I still know how to and perform an rear naked choke lol. Come to TN and find out....side note, you might get "Operator'ed"...just made up a new verb lol

Take that shit to fight club...

A while back my wife wanted to take the kids to an opening for something...I can't remember what it was. I told her no, we should go during the weekdays while it's empty. She asked why I told her I wasn't comfortable being in a dark crowded theater with dozens of strangers between me and the only exits. I was thinking in case of a fire, worst case senario some hoodlums acting up.. again this is why you carry everywhere.

I offten find myself tempted to leave the piece in the car/truck while I "just run inside for a moment" and now that seems like an even worse idea. I sure hope those effected can find some way to cope with their losses. I also hope this doesn't shift anybody to the other side of gun control. We shall see.

It's a good time to turn off your television and do your own news sourcing now.

I did this for good 6 years ago and have not regretted it for one second. Most of us grew up with television and simply cannot imagine it not being a part (to one extent or another) of our lives. But I got to the point where I was fed up with the intelligence insulting, mind numbing crap and finally said "ENOUGH". And every time I'm around it usually at a relative's house during the holidays my decision is reenforced. There is some good in TV but IMO it is far outweighed by the bad and there is nothing in it that I cannot get elsewhere.

And never forget that like ALL TV programming "News" is a PRODUCT, designed to bring in revenue and make a profit. There is no requirement that it be non-biased, objective or balanced.

Kick the habit, read a book, go walk through the woods, enjoy a hobby, spend time talking with and interacting with family and friends.

You'll find there is life after the tube, I did.

Edited by Squishy
  • Like 2