While faith in the Lord is generally the best defense one could have, Christ did say that one should sell their cloak to buy arms.

Do us all a favor & keep a sidearm & an AK or two, along with a bunch of ammo.

The more good people armed in the coming years, the better.

The way I see it, even if I never use mine, or expire beforehand, they're in circulation, so there's at least a chance that if needed for the people, they, and my ammo, may be able to be obtained.

• Like 5

We all have times that are tough and with firearms being a big investment we tend to use them more as currency to help pay debts. I have had my own struggles and thought what the hell before and sold some off that i regret now. This time last year I had 6 saigas and two sks's that i no longer have. I only have my one and lonely S12 left a couple 22s and my carry weapon. I pretty much gave my last x39 away last month. Sold it for a quick $300.00 to keep the lights on. I will sell everyone of them except my home defense or my carry weapon to make ends meet and provide to the family. Sorry about the Hillary joke above but somtimes that way people leave a hobby is to make someone else happy.

Edited by superhawk138
  • Like 1

I sat here with my fingers poised over this keyboard for a long time before I started typing but I feel compelled to say some things here. There's more going on here than just a guy wanting to sell some guns. If that's all it was you'd have posted the details in the WTS forum.

What you haven't said in this thread speaks volumes. But I'd never suggest that you speak about personal matters in public, especially on a board that is indexed by search engines. I may be way off with what I'm about to say but I will say it nonetheless.

Sometimes all you, I or anyone else needs to do is talk to someone who is willing to listen. Find that person or persons wherever you have to. I'm sure there are plenty of people on this board who are willing to listen. In spite of all the fooling around that goes on here I'm convinced that there are some very caring, experienced and wise people behind these screen names, I guess "genuine" is another word I'd use. There are people here who've been through things you wouldn't wish on your worst enemy and those, myself included who've traveled some very dark paths in their time.

So whatever is eating at you the worst thing you can do is keep it bottled up inside because there, in that dark place it will fester and grow in the power and potential to hurt you.

I know it's hard to reach out to someone you don't know or have a personal relationship with. But for my part this doesn't matter. Because when I get to the point where I stop caring about my brothers and my fellow human beings who live with me on this rock I will have become a truly pitiful man indeed.

Edited by Squishy
  • Like 13

Whatever is going on, I hope it gets better. We all deal with some shit every now and again, some more than others. Whatever it is that has caused you to feel you gotta sell all your stuff off, I hope it passes by and you get to move on happier, stronger and WITH all your goods. beer.gif

• Like 3

There are good people on here to talk to and some that might have been throught the same thing you are going thought you should give it a try before selling everything. i sold some of my guns awhile back because of some hard times and have regreted it ever since.

• Like 2

Hey MfWiC

What else you thinking of selling??? Got anything good?

Hope you know I'm just joking but you send out an S.O.S. and after a bunch of life preservers are thrown out you don't grab any.

I'm sending a private one -- PM me if you want to talk, there IS help, no matter the problem!

Whatever is going on, I hope it gets better. We all deal with some shit every now and again, some more than others. Whatever it is that has caused you to feel you gotta sell all your stuff off, I hope it passes by and you get to move on happier, stronger and WITH all your goods. beer.gif

That's deep.

Very well written and true

Sorry for the rant. I'm going threw some hard times and really don't want to talk about it. Because it makes me fell like I'm going to se a shrink or something.

I'll get over it. What set me off is someone told me my Glock was a POS and then assholes at work, my wife is putting up with the samething and she's got a BS in accounting, I have no one to hang out with or go shooting with.

I just feel bladeda and trying to make ends meet is really stressing on my last nerve. While I see all these scum bags with there grocery carts filled to the rim.

I guess it's one of those weeks. I'm off work, but I never get to go anywhere. Like a vacation to the mountains or where evere. And I'm tired of this communist Govt we have.

Edited by MfWiC

If its any consolation, my wife and I have been going through the shit lately as well, and she is like 2 days from giving birth.

Her family is off their rockers.

If you live anywhere around the Sacramento California area, I will come pick you up and take you to one of our secret spots to go shoot.

I'll even bring some shit we can blow up.

hit me up on a PM if you are.

and no, I am not 400 lbs of naked white old man sitting online trying to pick up boys online.....

Hey man I know how you feel. I had an awesome job from 2001 until April 2011. Lived overseas for it, got to travel, and made lots of money. Then beginning of 2011 it all changed. I lost the sweet job, couldnt afford my 1250 a month rent plus other bills. Had to sell my new German car that was almost paid off, had to sell my sweet pimped 2008 Harley that was almost paid off, sold lots of the guns I owned including 2 FN SCAR 17s with about 4000 rounds of ammo for it, my Ar, my benelli M2 and Remington 700p plus some other handguns like HK USP and some sigs. I was losing everything I had and no family to fall back on. My credit score went from near perfect to just above 400, I cant even get a loan for $600 from my bank and I used to spend that on ammo and booze in a month not to long ago. Beginning of the year I paid off both my CCs and canceled them, which dropped my credit score even more.

All I had was a Glock and a Remmy 870 pump left that I refused to sell.

It was rather hard to find another job, really hard to find one that paid more than $13 an hour. Fast forward to now and I live in a shitty town in shit New Mexico, no friends, no one to drink with or shoot with, just me and my GF who has stood by my side through it all. I saved a little money but blew it on a new Colt AR, some mags and ammo and another Glock just last month. I figured I should get it while the gettings good and I WILL NOT sell any more guns for a few weeks of financial peace.

I should be starting a mining job by the end of next month and Im testing with the local PD in 2 weeks. Things are hard but I cant give up. What other choices do I have?

People say money cant buy happiness, but I disagree. It can buy security, and make life more enjoyable.

Looking back I had some really good times, but that means fuck all now. I should have invested more in silver than in lead.

Look up a song sung by Eric Clapton called "Nobody loves you when youre down and out" Great tune

Edited by GREYLUPO
  • Like 3

Sometimes getting it off your chest is the best thing to do. I know I have had a rant or two on this forum. However, speaking from personal experience there is nothing wrong with talking about the things that are bothering you with others, and it doesn't make you less of a man. It makes you a better man. I have found that many times the people I open up to have been through the same experience in life, and their wisdom has helped me make it through. There have been a lot of good posts, and I am sure you have gotten a couple of PMs from those that were sensitive to keep conversations private. It just goes to show that you do have people who care about you and what you and your family are going through even though most of us have never met in person. That speaks volumes of the caliber of the folks on this forum.

I am glad to see you posting, and prayed specifically for you this morning. If you need anything or if there is anything I can do to help, you have my contact information via PM. Take care and hang in there.

• Like 2

Glocks are fucking awesome and so are you! victory.gif

Sometimes we need to understand that bad things are part of life and no matter how bad they seem, we can overcome them with perserverence and a positive mindset. There are people dealing with much harder situations than us (disease, starvation, war, etc.) and our problems may seem bigger than they actually are sometimes.

Without the bad times, we wouldn't know why the good times are so damn special.

• Like 3

I wanted to think you all for your support and I'll stay in the fight. Thanks for the PM's & post.

My Wife was worried about me too. She thought I might do something stupid. I wouldn't go that far because I'm smarter than that.

I just can't wait until Nov. 6th when that Narcissistic Communist is out on his ass for making everybody's life miserable.

• Like 12

Well what can I say, glocks are a fantastic plastic pistol if you are into tupperware guns. OF course you should sell it and get a 1911 but thats a whole different thread.

I don't see anything listed yet in the WTS section so until I do i'll just consider this thread a grab for everyones attention. Hopefully if they are posted they will be posted at a reasonable price and people won't troll you to death.

Maybe you'll get whatever is bothering you straightened out tho and won't have to sell them. Remembering to not take life to seriously, none of us make it out of it alive in the end anyway always helps me when i'm feeling down.

I just can't wait until Nov. 6th when that Narcissistic Communist is out on his ass for making everybody's life miserable.

I think a lot of people are feeling the same way. 'After every dark night, is a bright day after that' -T.S.
  • Like 2