MagPul ready to leave Colorado.

Colorado seems to be more than willing to hold the door open for them.

Colorado HB13-1224 passes House Vote, now to move on.

Progressive Libtard Commies have enough control to ram this through if they get really stupid.

HB1224:

HB 1224, Prohibiting Large Capacity Ammunition Magazines--a measure that bans the possession, sale, or transfer of magazines over 10 round capacity. The measures and stipulations in this bill would deprive CO residents of the value of their private property by prohibiting the sale or transfer of all magazines over 10 rounds. This bill would also prohibit manufacture of magazines greater than 10 rounds for commercial sale out of the state, and place restrictions on the manufacture of military and law enforcement magazines that would cripple production.

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:
MAGPUL INDUSTRIES ANNOUNCES IT WILL LEAVE COLORADO IF GUN BILL PASSES

MOVE WOULD COST STATE 600 JOBS, $85 MILLION

Denver, Colorado – February 15th, 2013 - Magpul Industries, an Erie, Colorado, based manufacturer of firearms accessories, announced today that it will be forced to leave the state if House Bill 1224, which would ban standard capacity magazines, becomes law.

The announcement was made to Governor Hickenlooper, state legislators, members of the media, and in a full-page advertisement to appear in the Denver Post on Sunday.

Richard Fitzpatrick, Founder, President, and CEO of Magpul Industries, said that regardless of any amendments that may be worked into the bill, he will no longer be able to continue to do business in Colorado if his core product is made illegal.

“Our company could not, in good conscience, continue to manufacture our products in a state where law-abiding citizens are prohibited from purchasing and owning them. ” Fitzpatrick said. “The passage of this bill will do nothing to enhance public safety, but will force us to immediately begin taking our business to another state.”

A proponent of the bill argued that with the amendment language, the choice to stay or leave was up to Magpul. Fitzpatrick responded, "Our relationship with our customers across the country would be severely damaged if this bill passes and we stay. We've already heard word of potential boycotts if that happens. They (legislators) really need to understand that our customer base is as passionate about freedoms as we are, and staying here if this bill passes would cripple the company. Make no doubt about it...we have no choice, and would be forced to leave in order to save the business."

Magpul cited the example of the Eastern Sports and Outdoors Show, which was canceled earlier this year after the organizers announced that it would not permit a popular category of firearm, like the ones Magpul makes accessories for, in the show. Public outcry from the customer base forced exhibitors to withdraw from participation, causing the cancellation of the show, and an estimated loss of $70 million of show revenue for hotels, restaurants, merchants, and other businesses in Pennsylvania, where the show was to be held.

Magpul Industries directly employs 200 people, supports another 400 supply-chain jobs, and contributes over $85 million annually to Colorado’s economy. Doug Smith, Chief Operating Officer for Magpul, says that it is a difficult position to be in. "We could choose to stay in a state that wants our jobs and revenue, but not our products, and lose half the jobs we are fighting to save, or potentially the entire business, when our customers stop buying. Or, we can take the company and those 600 jobs out of Colorado to continue our growth and the growth of American manufacturing in a state that shares our values. This is not really a choice. It's an unfortunate and inevitable result of the actions of the Legislature if this bill passes."

Magpul was started over a decade ago by Fitzpatrick, a former U.S. Marine. It has become one of Colorado’s fastest growing businesses, successfully marketing its products to American and allied military forces, police departments, sporting goods stores, and thousands of responsible private citizens. Fitzpatrick says that the rich western culture and strong values of individual freedom and responsibility, traditionally found in Colorado, were one of the reasons the company chose to remain in the state.

“It is heartbreaking to me, my employees, and their families, to think that we will be forced to leave,” Fitzpatrick said. “But if HB13-1224 passes, we will simply have no choice.”

• Like 4

I don't know about the "if it passes" in Magpul's release. IMO regardless of what happens with this bill it's clear that an environment exists in the state that could mean that if it doesn't happen this time, it could happen in the near future.

I know it's not a decision to be taken lightly but, the sooner they relocate the sooner they can get back in the groove at their new locale.

I'd find it hard to do business with this hanging over my head.

But that's just me.

• Like 1
I don't know about the "if it passes" in Magpul's release. IMO regardless of what happens with this bill it's clear that an environment exists in the state that could mean that if it doesn't happen this time, it could happen in the near future.

I know it's not a decision to be taken lightly but, the sooner they relocate the sooner they can get back in the groove at their new locale.

I'd find it hard to do business with this hanging over my head.

But that's just me.

Squishy, we'd help them move down here, wouldn't we!

• Like 5

Oh hell yeah. The state should buy a big piece of land and create an industrial park with enough room to accommodate 10 or so manufacturing facilities and a common research facility for the use of all.

Also a state of the art indoor/outdoor range and education facility.

And if there's room left over....a boiled peanut stand.

• Like 6

Never thought avid hunting, shooting, ground breaking marijuana legalizing (haha), state would let this shit fly. Better go get some pmags tomorrow. Fuckers. Fucking retarded.

Thank you Magpul for staying strong. I will strongly support this company even if they are FORCED to leave Colorado.

BTW.. Magpul: Can you please start selling 15 round AR mags so I can get really fucking fast at mag swaps.

Fucking douche bag law making fuck faces. I'll tape two 15's together and have a 30 in no time flat with a quick twist of the wrist.

I'mma go puke...

Oh hell yeah. The state should buy a big piece of land and create an industrial park with enough room to accommodate 10 or so manufacturing facilities and a common research facility for the use of all.

Also a state of the art indoor/outdoor range and education facility.

And if there's room left over....a boiled peanut stand.

Wow. Talk about "unfair advantage" haha.gif

Love me some boiled peanuts. One of the things I miss about living in the south (Mississippi).

Magpul, come on down to Texas. We would welcome you with open arms and lots of mag wells for your product. The Gen 3 Pmags are the cat's meow for us AR owners.

• Like 1
This wont be the last time we hear of a similar scenario.

As long as it involves these industries relocating to places like GA, S.C., AL, TN and even (*sigh*) TX, I hope so...

I will help where I can and roll out the red-carpet. Bring it HERE! We love ya'll!!!!

I'd even be willing to set up a Boiled Peanut operation outside the front gate, if it lured more firearm related commerce here!

One states un-wanted industry is another states cash-cow!

Viva La Capitalism!

Macbeau sends....

Edited by macbeau
  • Like 3
Two thoughts:

1) Shit I hope this doesn't screw with production too much, because I'm still waiting for my order.

2) Michigan is a great state form manufacturing (hint hint)

Michigan is a horrible state for manufacturing. You guys are union out your ass. Right to work, bay-bee.

• Like 5

I was at a gun show in Fremont, NE over the weekend, and there were plenty of people who made the 8ish+ hour drive from Colorado. AK mags were going for $25-30, AR mags for $25-35 for aluminum, around $50 for Pmags that were actually selling. The cheapest AK in the show was a Yugoslavian PAP pistol that sold in the first hour or so for $650. Would've picked it up in a heartbeat if I'd've had the funds...

Please, Magpul - please come to Nebraska. I'll work for you!

Watcha mean NV won? Magpul announce something?

Found this article. Nothing I have seen official yet, but I wonder why NV? It is a blue state, and Harry Reid is there. Seems like they might be asking for history to repeat itself.

http://outdoorsnative.com/outdoor-life/firearms/is-magpul-moving-to-nevada/

We received the tragic news that the state of Colorado had gone over to the dark side and embraced the ways of Mordor. For an entire day we have been reading debates and rhetoric. Our good friends at MagPul will be leaving the state and moving to the free state of Nevada. We congratulate them on their choice and we will continue to support them via the sales and endorsement of their products.

One Source tactical if you can believe them

Magpul's FB site had this on it just a few minutes ago....

"It appears that someone has posted or sent out some sort of notice that we are moving to a specific location. We can assure you that no decision has been made about location, and that we are still fighting this battle. We are, however, assembling our requirements and looking at various areas that would be suitable for our new home, should it come to that. We appreciate all the offers, and we will begin talking to various entities about those shortly."

But, they also have this at the top of their FB page.....

856574_562514543760899_1969960137_o.jpg

Edited by Semper299
  • Like 1