I figured I'd keep a safe list for insurance purposes after the break in of '94. Took 4 of the 5 I owned then. Strange, but this was the second time they missed the Colt. Added a Spanish FR 8 recently that someone "converted" by grinding off the rear sight and when adding it to the list, realized I'm about to start the alphabet all over again. Good thing wwee ddoonn''tt ttaallkk tthhaat wwaayy.. Crap, I'm using numbers instead. Never thought I'd have that many. As they say in AA "one's too many and a thousand is never enough".

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

No. I would purchase a wheeled cannon if I had the room.

10 or so years ago the wife said "How many guns you need you can only shoot one at a time?"....I looked at her and said "How many pairs of shoes and hand bags you need you can only wear one pair and u

Every once in a while I feel like I have enough guns. I just lie down until the feeling passes.   I have a friend who collects knives. He just bought a knife that cost $600. I haven't spent $600

Posted Images

Yeah I do all the time.

Kind of go on the idea if I want something else at this point it has to use my stocked ammo and something else has to go. Really turns the heat down on impulse buying.

All flippancy aside the safe is full, not buying a bigger one.

Good idea on the insurance, I keep photos of each on CDs with closeup on serial number . Then store that in a fire safe elsewhere but then I do that with anything expensive.

Yeah I do all the time.

Kind of go on the idea if I want something else at this point it has to use my stocked ammo and something else has to go. Really turns the heat down on impulse buying.

All flippancy aside the safe is full, not buying a bigger one.

Good idea on the insurance, I keep photos of each on CDs with closeup on serial number . Then store that in a fire safe elsewhere but then I do that with anything expensive.

Also, send a copy of it to yourself on your email account. Save the email to a folder on your server. It will stay there for as long as you need it!!

Jack

I sometimes have dreams where I find guns I forgot I had. It's always a little disappointing to wake up and realize I don't really have that Luger I found in a closet.

Don't laugh, but I actually "found" a Taurus 24/7 .45ACP NIB in my big safe. The wife doesn't remember buying it and neither do I, maybe the gun fairy left it there for me. I keep dreaming that I have that Barret SA .50 BMG in there, but I can never find it. :)

• Like 1

Never, just picked up a Ruger New Model Super Blackhawk, 44Mag.

Some guy let me shoot his at the range one day while I let him play with the S20....holey shit BANG big_smile.gif

They are a hoot to fire, waiting on a mold to cast boolits, brass to load.

No. Every gun can suit a purpose but, none suit every purpose.

I made a list of mine, once.. I think I lost track at 12 guns.

It helps if you start consolidating calibers. It really cuts down on ammo.

Being a poor MFer myself, I wont buy anything I cant feed (since i shoot the crap out of all my guns) My house pistol is a g17 and my carry is an sr9c, both 9mms. I opted for rifles that use cheap ammo too, a x39, a 10-22, and a mosin. Im a happy to have found a cheap but very nice pardner pump 12 for practically peanuts. I feel pretty good with a fraction of the guns that most guys have, but I still feel my bases are covered. I only get what I can afford and only if it fills necessary role.

I am set for now, until I can afford the next practical step, probably when uncle sam gives my yearly money back.

There is more to this than how many firearms one has in a safe.

If your bases are covered ammo and training (I dont mean plinking at the range) become far more important.

Both are indispensable and perishable.

Not to mention all the other priorities one has to cover.

So yeah logically enough is enough.

If your bases are covered ammo and training (I dont mean plinking at the range) become far more important.

Logic goes right out the fuken window when feeding addiction bad_smile.gifbad_egg.gif

Good topic.

I used to purchase firearms based on need. In other words, I bought guns because I wanted/needed to put a gun in a certain place. A glock 26 for the wife's car, M&P 40 for my truck, 45 for the nightstand, Rem 1100 for the doves, ect ect. Then I got into assault rifles, beginning with AR's and then AK's and Saigas. That blew my whole need theory, so now I just save up and get what I want because I want to. It's fun and usually a good investment.

But, for the most part, if I buy a gun or trade in one I already own it is because the new gun has a certain role to fill. I reload 9, 40, 45, and 223, so all of my guns are those calibers (except for the AK's and shotty). But ammo for those two is cheap enough I don't need to reload it.

Edited by Semper299

Logic goes right out the fuken window when feeding addiction bad_smile.gifbad_egg.gif

Aint that always the case.

But despite my best efforts to the contrary all I have ever been addicted to was women and nicotine.

That was one too many... guess which one lol.

Aint that always the case.

But despite my best efforts to the contrary all I have ever been addicted to was women and nicotine.

That was one too many... guess which one lol.

They both make ya breath hard beaten.gif

• Like 1

With the exception of a Ruger Mark 3 22/45 lite with a red dot on a a rail .All the rest of my guns are there to stop someone or some animal from breathing hard.

I guess I have enough of them, I guess it is like the mechanic and his tools you can only use one at a time but there is nothing like having the right tool when you need it.

The wife has two and that's all she wants. She has them for one reason, it's a tool to stop a bad guy from breathing hard. The way she can shoot is spooky never seen anything like it.

I ran across a very clean CZ-52 with the 9mm conversion kit included at a pawn shop for $200. No conscious thought was involved in the process. 4473 and cash were exchanged.

On the way home the logical part of my mind pointed out that I already have two just like this.

My response to my "inner adult" was " And your point is?"

These are tools. And you can NEVER have too many tools.

So my answer is no. not only no but Hell No.

Edited by The Deacon
  • Like 1

im gonna play devils advocate on this one... and maybe not that theres too many, just ya gotta go out often enough to remember how to manipulate it effectively.

the first half of this is good, then last half goes full tacticool-tard. i respect training and drilling, but i dont carry, and dont go to dumb places with dumb people. so tha rules out 99% of bad situations. basically gotta train a lil, but like ben frank said, "moderation in everything, including moderation"

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2013/09/daniel-zimmerman/gun-lessons-dead-language/

Dashowdy that is my new mantra. I started thinking about all tge weapons I had and how much I use them. I thought about how I shoot my two ar15s about twice a year and tgem put them up and reload ammo till next range session. I had a few rifles and only one CCW weapon.

them I get to needing money and so I trade my ARs for a smith 357 and some cash.

I've decided that my only rifle will be my saiga 308. Its perfect. Great deer rifle out to 200 maybe 300 with optics. Also takes 20 round mags that make it into a nice CQB rifle. So my s308 is my RIFLE.

I decided that pistols will be much more useful since I can use them everyday. So now im going to buy more of those.

• Like 1

Theres only one more niche i really feel like i need to fill as far as my guns are concerned: concealed carry pistols for me and the misses after we get our cc permits. And for me, ammo consolidation has been the name of the game from day 1. 22lr in pistol and rifle platform, 7.62x39 in rifle and now pistol platform (backpack cc kinda does work for me), a 12g, and a 308 for those times when you need a little more pow! I would like to add two pistols chambered in something she can handle and i could absolutely rock (im thinkin 9mm), but adding another caliber to try and stockpile right now just isnt in the budget. Soon tho, hopefully.

Dashowdy that is my new mantra. I started thinking about all tge weapons I had and how much I use them. I thought about how I shoot my two ar15s about twice a year and tgem put them up and reload ammo till next range session. I had a few rifles and only one CCW weapon.

them I get to needing money and so I trade my ARs for a smith 357 and some cash.

I've decided that my only rifle will be my saiga 308. Its perfect. Great deer rifle out to 200 maybe 300 with optics. Also takes 20 round mags that make it into a nice CQB rifle. So my s308 is my RIFLE.

I decided that pistols will be much more useful since I can use them everyday. So now im going to buy more of those.

It is definitely harder and harder today than even 2 years ago to be able to shoot multiple calibers without being filthy rich or reloading  a dozen different calibers. Hell 9mm is up to 30 cents for practice in most places. Definitely recommend reloading since your getting down to what is really important and 308 is not cheap for sure. It sucks to sell guns to fund others but everyone has there limit, I had to get rid of my 10mm to make room for my wifes 74 so it hurt but not so much once I got that bad boy home.

CCW pistols are probably the most important gun most anyone can own, I love my rifles they are all a blast too shoot and they chamber calibers I can afford to stock and keep shooting and stockpiling, but everyday out and about they aren't going to keep me safe or my family. I definitely would like to maybe have a single stack for me and the wife but we are getting by with what we have for the moment, guns are useless without ammo and accessories to train with so those come first and then maybe some pistols for christmas.

the guns I have are all the ones that I liked and bought, I don't buy guns for the sake of buying guns, it has to appeal to me. if it doesn't,   I don't buy it.  in the last few years nothing has come out that really had me say, "I got to have that", so you can say, I peaked on my collection and will just enjoy the collection I have