Picture Post ,Lets see your .223!

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

First, I have every right to be an ass because I am a lawful gun owner and frequent this forum and don't want it to turn into some fucking weirdo illegal gun / militia bullshit cause of idiots like yo

First of all, instead of being an ass, you could be more specific. Second, i said i JUST got the gun, meaning I haven't bought or added the American parts I need. Third, chill out.

CCCP you've got no right to be an asshole to him. He just fucking got the gun. He put the 30 in for what? Five fucking minutes? Let's see the BATF worry about him putting in an unloaded 30 round magaz

Posted Images

l_140848ec8e8d0e3f627ea4e051a581f9.jpg

Like you don't poop with your Saiga...

modified the mag by welding a feed ramp to the front like the Saiga mags

US stockset PG painted to add contrast.

G2 FCG

Bulgarian FSB,brake,front handguard retainer,dust cover,and trigger guard. E german bakelite mag with US 5.56 follower & floorplate

in order to get the FSB to fit I had I used sandpaper on a dowel rod until it pressed on

Update, I took the plunge and bought an EOtech. I got a low rise mount ($44) from Greg at carolina, it's pretty nice and retains zero when removed then replaced etc.. So far I'm very pleased.

Also I got a flashlight mount and rail covers from botactical.

post-10068-12618769187831_thumb.jpg

post-10068-12618769592046_thumb.jpg

post-10068-12618770475699_thumb.jpg

post-10068-12618771204459_thumb.jpg

post-10068-12618771952841_thumb.jpg

post-10068-12618773037579_thumb.jpg

Edited by Krom

Saiga 223 converted by me. Has a Tapco trigger group, pistol grip, forend and stock. I refinished it in aluma hyde. I usually use duracoat but I wanted to try something different this time. It no longer has the Tapco stock as pictured, I have bought one of the new CAA aluminum tubes for Ak's and I'm gonna use a ar-15 buttstock from now on.

post-21689-12628759893942_thumb.jpgPhase one complete. Will add paint and an NCStar 3x9 a little later. The conversion was pretty simple after reading all of the great info. on this forum.

Tapco/Tromix FCG.

Tapco furniture.

Performance JTE mainspring.

bipod.

Just another image or two. I was planning to recrown the muzzle, but after shooting the first ten rounds through it I don't think I need to!! In the target photo, the first 2 shots were low - then I adjusted windage and elevation,and shot 8 straight at about 1 inch - I must admit this was at 50 yds. - still though, not bad for a guy that never claims to be a more than an average marksman. I think I'll keep this rifle!

post-21689-12628870440166_thumb.jpg

post-21689-12628870642458_thumb.jpg

Just another image or two. I was planning to recrown the muzzle, but after shooting the first ten rounds through it I don't think I need to!! In the target photo, the first 2 shots were low - then I adjusted windage and elevation,and shot 8 straight at about 1 inch - I must admit this was at 50 yds. - still though, not bad for a guy that never claims to be a more than an average marksman. I think I'll keep this rifle!

Nice! I see you don't even have any muzzle devices on it at all. Guess that wasn't necessary eh? Have you tried to see how well it shoots with the stock irons only?

I'll have to get a pic of my groups at 55 yards. They look like yours with my still virgin Saiga 223 and irons..too cold to sit and tune in 100 yards without the right adjustment tools. Nice lookin rig. Great grouping as well.

Well, nothing special. Just a stock Saiga .223 that I replaced the stock on with a Tapco T-6 and a Surefire magazine. I like the foregrip the way it is, so I'm not going to convert/change that. Same with the trigger assembly. I do have a weaver/picatinny with reflex sight on order. It will mount on the standard mount. But I like the weapon the way it is. I have no need to change out any of the internal parts. And I bought the tapco stock as a means to test it first. If I didn't like it, I would simply by a real and complete AK stock. Which would have meant moving the trigger assembly. But fortunately, I really like the T-6 tapco stock. Anyway, here's a basic pic. Probably the same/similar to about 90% of all others.

26419d1263188072-my-basic-no-toy-downsized_0110002220.jpg

Update: Just received my reflex sight, bracket mount, and laser. Need to still sight it all in, but it's now about where I want it to be.

26462d1263442418-my-basic-no-toy-saigareflexlaser.jpg

Edited by christcorp

Two more photos - Just mounted the NcStar 3x9x42 scope w/ the P4 reticle. It will take some practice to learn how to effectively use the MOA system in the reticle. Never had that style of scope before.

I also included a shot of the charging handle and dust cover mod's I implemented to mitigate the denting of shell casings. The twine "wrapping" around the foam on the handle is an old method known as "whipping". Some of you guys that have worked with rope some will know that it's a good way to dress a frayed end on braided rope.

I guess we'll see if it works. The dust cover bumper is just a piece of fuel line super glued on.

post-21689-12638436349502_thumb.jpg

post-21689-12638436560508_thumb.jpg

My Saiga .223 conversion

- Tapco forend (free floated with a custom made barrel pin)

- Tapco Saw grip (which seems to be most everyones choice when it comes to converting a Saiga)

- CAA 6 position collapsable tube

- Magpul MOE stock

Note: for the magazines instead of putting on a bullet guide my buddy suggested welding a raised metal piece on the front of a standard ak mag like the Surefire mags have.

post-21962-12641942078024_thumb.jpg

You got great cans... :lolol: seriously those look awesome, how much reduction you getting?

ps..is your name pronounced like the magic word? :rolleyes:

Saiga with supressor "kicks" like 10/22 with normal ammo and you can hear action cycling and bullet flying. Savage 10 with subsonic ammo is really quiet, like a whisper.

I live in Europe so buying supressors is easier than buying booze :lolol:.

Saiga had orginal ak-74 stocks, so no conversion was needed and no worries about compliance with your crazy import bshit.

I JUST bought the Saiga .223

No pics yet, but the parts list is growing.

*Texas Weapon Systems "Dog leg Rail"

*K-var Green Nato length stock (With PG)

*Tapco Galil style forearm or perhaps the UTG quad rail (I'd be taking it off my Saiga .7.62x39)

*BUIS

Russmilitary.com 5.45 style MAGS

*compensator of some sort

And anything else I can think of.

Those are some of the extras, but we'll see. I'll have pics up in about a month or two.

(I need a little more $$$ first.)