Just curious what yall think of this one

Police receive 911 call that a man in Walmart is loading bullets into an AR15, and pointed the gun at people.

It is later learned that the man picked up an air rifle off the shelf and walked around the store with it.

The 911 caller has since admitted he lied about the man pointing the gun at him, but the police did not know he was lying at the time.

Just curious what yall think of this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S9FtNOV6Qhk

Edited by Semper299

Straight horse s***. The survielance video shows there was nobody in the aisle for him to be pointing the "weapon" at. The cops went in with the intent to kill. They didnt even give him a chance to put the "weapon" down before they shot him. He wasnt hostile or threatining. The 911 caller should be traced and charged with accesory to murder. The cops should be charged with murder and sentenced to the maximum possible, up to and including death.

Sadly they will most likely get a paid vacation and it will be ruled that they acted according to departmental procedure. At the most they might be terminated in which case they will just apply for employment with another department.

• Like 7

Just curious what do you all think of this one

don't take a BB gun from the sporting goods dept. and wander around wally world, then play Wyatt Earp  fast draw  in the pet dept.    

cops shoot first, ask no questions later. worse that will happen is they'll receive 2 weeks suspension without pay,  a  lame ass pathetic explanation by the brass that is wasn't the cops fault. 

Edited by Matthew Hopkins
  • Like 2

What do I think? I think they need to make an example of everyone involved. Fetch the rope. Hang all their asses. This is getting fucking ridiculous.

Instead of a quick lynching, I'd rather see them go through a REAL trial in which the actually get what they deserve.  All the media attention that any other high profile murderer would get.  Losing everything just like any other murderer.  Then a life sentence of sodomy like any other murderer.

• Like 2

What do I think? I think they need to make an example of everyone involved. Fetch the rope. Hang all their asses. This is getting fucking ridiculous.

Instead of a quick lynching, I'd rather see them go through a REAL trial in which the actually get what they deserve.  All the media attention that any other high profile murderer would get.  Losing everything just like any other murderer.  Then a life sentence of sodomy like any other murderer.

Yeah, killer cops dont do to well in the GP in prisons. Still IMO, the best solution is to rid their asses from the earth. Save us time and money in the end.

• Like 1

Yeah, killer cops dont do to well in the GP in prisons. Still IMO, the best solution is to rid their asses from the earth. Save us time and money in the end.

Both of our points are moot as nothing will happen aside from the already mentioned paid vacation.

• Like 2

Okay... Everybody take a breath and relax for a minute here...

This is a local story to me, that Walmart is the closest one to my house. It's been all over the news for 2 weeks now...

Caller reports "man with an assault rifle" inside the Walmart. Police arrive and treat it as it was called in. They DID tell him to drop it a couple times, the full audio is not evident in that clip.

The rifle he picked up was NOT in any packaging, someone had already unpacked it and left it laying on a shelf. He picked it up. It does appear at one point that he did "load" the rifle. The local news also took the same model rifle to a gun store and compared it to an M4 carbine. To the untrained eye (the caller and witnesses) it DOES look VERY similar.

Ever since Columbine, Police have been getting trained on first responder "active shooter" drills, and these officers had just had that training 2 weeks before. Take that how you will...

Now consider... Realistically, how long does it take any of you to raise a rifle and empty a magazine? 5 seconds or less? WTF do you want the cops and civilians to do when some unknown guy is walking around a fucking Walmart with a rifle over his shoulder?! Half of you guys would have shot him yourself, if past posts are any indication!

And I'm sure I'm going to catch a lot of shit for this post... so be it.

• Like 3

I certainly wouldn't spot somebody for carrying a rifle "over their shoulder" that's like fucking legal.

This guy was acting bizarre in that dog food isle, it looked like he never heard police. And I'd like to know what was down that other isle he was looking at.

Now I will say that if he was pointing that at me, I probably would've shot,him.

Maybe some creative editing on the video? But to me it looked like they came in and laid him down first eyes on.

The "training" that the Police are now given is too often by former military, and is mostly "be aggressive, stop the threat and come home safe".

We are treated as 'hostile combatants' and NOT as citizens. There is NO effort to train Police in defusing any situation. They are trained to shoot and only to shoot. Shoot first,shoot often and then shoot some more.

• Like 2

The "training" that the Police are now given is too often by former military, and is mostly "be aggressive, stop the threat and come home safe".

We are treated as 'hostile combatants' and NOT as citizens. There is NO effort to train Police in defusing any situation. They are trained to shoot and only to shoot. Shoot first,shoot often and then shoot some more.

^ nailed it

http://reason.com/blog/2013/02/19/is-your-local-police-department-using-pi

No hesitation training, they have targets of 6 year old kids,preganant women and grand parents. This is disgusting! You gotta think, in what situation would any pregnant woman risk her and her babies life pointing a gun at a cop?? The cops are being trained to shoot anyone, no hesitation no reasoning. Remember the kid that got shot because he had a nintendo wii remote? Whats the excuse for that one? Wii remote looks nothing like a gun and its white.

• Like 2

Every person in the first set of targets looks to be displaying defensive behavior. Notice how the preganant women is holding her stomach? Thats defensive posturing. The old man is holding the shot gun slighty down as if hes trying to avoid escalation. The teenage girl is holding the small childs hand, and it looks as though shes about to direct her to stand behind out of harms way. The young lady with back pack looks like shes been followed by some creep who is becoming aggressive.