• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Point of it? It is a lot of fun to shoot with a very satisfying KABOOM! and puff of smoke to let you know you just nailed that 4" target at 100-300 yards. Just plain fun with instant gratification,

A fool and his leg are soon parted.

Talking about banning something because (even though it's safe when used correctly) there are idiots and malicious people who do stupid, dangerous and deadly things with it is a bad line for us to tre

Posted Images

Oddly, I learned from my grandfather how to take stumps out of the ground using the Timothy McVeigh recipe right around the time he was born. I knew, even at 7-8 years old that flying heavy objects will kill or maim you.

Step 1. Stay back

Step 2. Aim well.

You too!  Mine taught me how to make NG dynamite and detonators.  Blasting rocks and stumps is fun!

The more you deregulate explosives, the faster you clean out the gene pool.

Explosives are serious fun.  You're dead serious till it goes kaboom, then it's FUN!

"We don't worry too much about catching bomb makers, because they usually blow themselves up."  Dane County Bomb Squad.

In the Gaza Strip, about 10 bomb makers die a week due to work accidents.

We fracked a water well one time with 5 pounds. It shoved the 8"pipe out of the ground about 80 feet straight up. Fun times cutting that off with a torch.  what.gif

Edited by YOT
  • Like 1

Oddly, I learned from my grandfather how to take stumps out of the ground using the Timothy McVeigh recipe right around the time he was born. I knew, even at 7-8 years old that flying heavy objects will kill or maim you.

Step 1. Stay back

Step 2. Aim well.

You too!  Mine taught me how to make NG dynamite and detonators.  Blasting rocks and stumps is fun!

The more you deregulate explosives, the faster you clean out the gene pool.

Explosives are serious fun.  You're dead serious till it goes kaboom, then it's FUN!

"We don't worry too much about catching bomb makers, because they usually blow themselves up."  Dane County Bomb Squad.

In the Gaza Strip, about 10 bomb makers die a week due to work accidents.

Apparently the bar for making an IED has been lowered to the level of an idiot with three pounds of Tannerite, a riding lawmower, and a pair of tactical pants. And yes, he did blow himself up.

• Like 2

If only------

We could tax STUPID!       

There would be NO national debt!  

that's called lotto. --A tax on people who are bad at math.

• Like 2

For those calling trash cause I shoot at cans and bottles, just to let you know that is done on my parents property, we clean up after and discard and recycle properly. 

When I hit the local public gun range I am shooting at paper, and I pick up all my brass and a few others that were just left around.

• Like 1

Plain and simple, I'm too thrifty to pay for exploding targets. Any money that could go for that is much better spend on ammo and reloading supplies.

At the last gun show I was at, the one pound targets were $30.00.

Smaller ones were quit a bit less.

Im sure it is fun, but I would rather spend the bucks on more ammo, Or dinner at TUCANOS Brazilian Barbecue  

See I see that figure and my mind instantly goes to how many rounds of x39 can I get with that. Would never even contemplate putting that much into targets. 

Plain and simple, I'm too thrifty to pay for exploding targets. Any money that could go for that is much better spend on ammo and reloading supplies.

At the last gun show I was at, the one pound targets were $30.00.

Smaller ones were quit a bit less.

Im sure it is fun, but I would rather spend the bucks on more ammo, Or dinner at TUCANOS Brazilian Barbecue  

See I see that figure and my mind instantly goes to how many rounds of x39 can I get with that. Would never even contemplate putting that much into targets. 

$30 = One pound of powder = 270ish rounds of .223

• Like 1

Yep, for no other reason Tannerite is just too $expensive$.  We are very lucky to have access, (for now anyway) to a private shale quarry.  Makes an ideal 125 yard range shooting angled into the steep hillside cut.  Part of the deal is nobody else uses it and we must police the grounds completely, which we always try to do.

Got to watch from a safe distance a 12,000 pound blasting shot producing about 40,000-50,000 tons of broken shale.  Very fun.  The ground jumped, then "crack", then "boom". The Master Blaster was missing several fingers. He said he was young and stupid and did not pay attention.  Blasting caps got him.  Yikes!.

• Like 1

9mm @ 3.7 grains BE for a standard load: 7000/3.7=1891.9 rounds. Same data is good for .38SPL under about 125 grains.  Smaller case capacity of 9mm gives better consistency though due to air gap.

Tannerite components can be bought in bulk goods quantities off of amazon. Ditto for thermite.

Like the others I want it unregulated. I don't penalize the responsible for the actions of the irresponsible. That never works anyway. The irresponsible tend not to follow the restrictions you might want to place on the responsible. The responsible didn't need the restrictions. So they are a waste of time. Consequences are for results, not possibilities. If you hurt or genuinely endanger others or property, you should face criminal or civil consequences depending on the type of damage done.

IMO it's pretty nice to be able to blast a stump or rocks without registering special stuff or storing things that are touchy. Binary targets for long range stuff make sense too.

• Like 5

Like the others I want it unregulated. I don't penalize the responsible for the actions of the irresponsible. That never works anyway. The irresponsible tend not to follow the restrictions you might want to place on the responsible. The responsible didn't need the restrictions. So they are a waste of time. Consequences are for results, not possibilities. If you hurt or genuinely endanger others or property, you should face criminal or civil consequences depending on the type of damage done.

Very well articulated regarding all things, not just the subject at hand. I am sure many here agree.

• Like 1

Of course, family has been in the business of blowing stuff up, Rock quarry and pasture stumps. Got own recipe (100+ year old), that can buy ALL components in local hardware or grocery store. (Fuse or electronic ignite) Heck, dynamite was legal to buy at hardware store in mid 70's. Always been different types of compounds/formulas to get a boom. Stupidity has always been around, just multiplied with instant video for world to see. Cousin and I got serious ass wooping when a bolt bomb went through my uncles car door in driveway. We were 8 and 9. That's just a couple bolts/nut and firecracker powder. Throw up in air/hit concrete, never knew where those were going.  Beer/pop cans, duct tape, lighter fluid, and tennis ball. (polish cannon) Neighbors front window. Many ways to maim yourself or get an a$$ wooping from your elders. Just that being stupid will and has been around. Some because young and dumb, yet, some never outgrow or are naturally ignorant

• Like 1

I have a scar on my face that reminds me every time I look in the mirror what young and stupid and explosives can do.  A quarter inch higher and I'd have lost my eye.

• Like 4

Heck, way laws are, cause people weren't smart enough to make own choices, had to have "Nanny State" be their momma, gotta really go out of your way to get second hand smoke. Actually gotta go look for it. So you got to be sarcastic. Know those who are ignorant, who jog by a four lane highway during rush hour. Now those idiots are breathing in some nasty stuff. Reason I jog at off hours, don't need no law banning cars.

• Like 2

Yep, for no other reason Tannerite is just too $expensive$.  We are very lucky to have access, (for now anyway) to a private shale quarry.  Makes an ideal 125 yard range shooting angled into the steep hillside cut.  Part of the deal is nobody else uses it and we must police the grounds completely, which we always try to do.

Got to watch from a safe distance a 12,000 pound blasting shot producing about 40,000-50,000 tons of broken shale.  Very fun.  The ground jumped, then "crack", then "boom". The Master Blaster was missing several fingers. He said he was young and stupid and did not pay attention.  Blasting caps got him.  Yikes!.

Yeah caps is nasty!  Would have about 1 in 10 go boom while pressing in the cap press.  That's why you do it pulling a rope from cover 25 feet away!   

There is a yearly event just for the pure fun of making things go boom in a safe and orderly manner.

GenericAd_thumb.png

If the thought of someone doing this disturbs you, please look away and pay no mind. If you would not spend money for something like this I understand perfectly. As much as I would love to go, the funds just aren't there.

For those not offended, Awesome day for everyone that goes and some of he most impressive pyrotechnics you will see outside of a major overseas fireworks accident.

Apologies if I have broken a taboo with the graphic, Mods, please delete if I have.

• Like 1

was guy wearing tac vest?  didnt help his leg much though...

but really, im not gonna hate on him.  guys do dumb stuff.  and if youre friends youre hanging with arent smarter than you, then its gonna go south...and im def all for NOT banning it...

Edited by saltydecimator

Did 3lbs once at 200yards felt a decent wave and sent chunks of a big ass log asunder, and it was only a bottle sitting on a log, so I'm not shocked to see the effect in the video. But it is fun, I got a .204 ruger just for the extra velocity, the faster you hit it the louder it is, or so it seems.