1 year and a day for serious weapons charges

Fucking rap artist beats the wrap on getting 30+ years. This fuck is a multiple felon and tries to buy multiple "Machine Guns" and silencers from an undercover BATF Agent and only gets a year and a day. Can some body with a better vocabulary than me put this in fancy lawyer talk cause I'm going to be saying fuck a lot. I mean they are trying to ban the law abiding citizen from legally purchasing SEMI automatic weapons, and this fuck is trying to buy illegal AUTOMATICS and gets his hand slapped.

FUCK

Part of the sentencing took into account that he did 1000 hours of community service, and has done videos advising city yutes to stay clear of guns and drugs.

Not that it makes his crimes less, but, at least he isn't crying martyr, and blaming the man for his conviction, and spurring the yutes on with more hate.

If he was white, and a country western singer, would the penalty have been enough????

Funny thing (well, not really funny, kinda sad) is that he was in Alabama this month for the commemoration of the Pettus bridge march, ie "Bloody Sunday." Joining the rubberband man (TI), was none other than Jeremiah Wright and the one and only Eric Holder. So the black "leadership" in AL basically commissioned a blatant racist (Wright), the AG who called for a new AWB (Holder) and the rapper who was on trial for purchasing unregistered automatic weapons (Harris) to celebrate a milestone in the civil rights era. Totally fucked up the way the black leadership constantly contradicts itself. This is what I deal with in Birmingham on a daily basis. A city run and inhabited by blacks with a grudge against whites for things that happened 50 years ago.

Sorry for the rant, I've been indulging myself in fine Busch products.

Funny thing (well, not really funny, kinda sad) is that he was in Alabama this month for the commemoration of the Pettus bridge march, ie "Bloody Sunday." Joining the rubberband man (TI), was none other than Jeremiah Wright and the one and only Eric Holder. So the black "leadership" in AL basically commissioned a blatant racist (Wright), the AG who called for a new AWB (Holder) and the rapper who was on trial for purchasing unregistered automatic weapons (Harris) to celebrate a milestone in the civil rights era. Totally fucked up the way the black leadership constantly contradicts itself. This is what I deal with in Birmingham on a daily basis. A city run and inhabited by blacks with a grudge against whites for things that happened 50 years ago.

Sorry for the rant, I've been indulging myself in fine Busch products.

Didn't want to have to bring this up....... there you go. Until barry is voted out look out whitey!

The answer is simple:

If you're a rich, famous person you get off easier than poor, unknown people.

This sums it up completely.

I don't get it. He's a MULTI, MULTI-millionaire with LOTS to lose. Why in the hell would someone risk all of that, to get a couple guns with "go fast" switches? Plain stupid.

Hey Elvis, why do you think that I moved my business out of the city of birmingham, well, broken into 5 different times in 3 years, total of over $250,000.00 in parts and pumps stolen, and the last straw was one night the alarm went off, met the police at the shop, I was told that I could not have my .45 in my holster, when they refused to go into the back shop to check it out, I went, alone. When I came out, he laughed and told me "you just the wrong color to be working around here". Complaint to chief of assholes and mayors office was ignored, one lady at the mayors office also laughed. And people get mad when Birmingham is refered to as "Little Africa", SHIT, it's already a welfare city from hell. And as for the shit head rapper, with that kind of money, he could get anything he wanted, legally. Just shows you the mentality of these stupid pricks.

. . . as for the shit head rapper, with that kind of money, he could get anything he wanted, legally. Just shows you the mentality of these stupid pricks.

Yes, but by doing it by the letter of the law, he would have then forfeited the ability to brag about it to his "homies", therefore no "street cred" would have achieved or received, making the whole thing pointless. Now he can brag about basically beating the system and just getting a slap on the wrist. And he gets more time on TV to let more people know about him and try to boost record sales. Then, when he gets out, he's just gonna write about it. Damn, y'all need to learn more about rappin' . . . ;)

IMO it makes the ATF look like a bunch of pussies due to the fact they seemingly can't enforce their own laws. Who the hell's worried about that 922r crap, apparently you can buy three unregistered machine guns, and just do a quick year . . . and a day . . .

Stupid me, I've been paying the $200 tax EVERY TIME . . . FUCK! I don't get to go to jail, I can't brag to my homies and my street cred is shot to hell! :lolol:

Edited by Raoul_Duke

Not sure about all the ins and outs of this particular case but there is a lot of truth in the money v justice synopsis. Another factor which happens a lot...and I mean a LOT! These guys cut deals and start ratting everyone around them out. These criminal types are almost always snitches. Was this rapper convicted in a jury trial? I guess it really doesn't matter...even after a jury conviction their lawyer will approach prosecutors for a lenient sentencing recommendaton be sent to the judge if the crook starts talking. There is no honor among crooks...they all snitch from the federal level on down to the smallest towns. If I was a friend of this TI I would conduct no further criminal activity around him. Chances are very high he is a "SNITCH". Maybe he'll give up Jeremiah Wright! :devil:

Edited by t165

It's not so much money, as it is networking. Anybody here go to law school? All law is an old boys club. Handshakes can get you in or out of just about anything. If they want you for something, there's no way around it without the right connections. An innocent man can go to jail if he doesn't know anybody. A man with connections can get away with just about anything, or get one of these fantastic reduced punishments.

If you ever get into trouble, get a lawyer. Problems can just "go away".

The bar association, mafia, crips, bloods, latin kings, democrats, republicans...like minded groups of individuals who gang up and prey off of others. But in the end what do they all want. Money & influence. I always find it revealing when socialized medicine is discussed. One of the main arguments against national healthcare is that the quality of practicing physicians will diminish. That is a tacit admission some doctors care less about healing than acquiring wealth...profit from illness! Just a thought. Before I get flamed remember I said "some" doctors.

Edited by t165
Part of the sentencing took into account that he did 1000 hours of community service, and has done videos advising city yutes to stay clear of guns and drugs.

Not that it makes his crimes less, but, at least he isn't crying martyr, and blaming the man for his conviction, and spurring the yutes on with more hate.

If he was white, and a country western singer, would the penalty have been enough????

If he was white and a country and western singer, he would have got life.

The reason he got such a reduced sentence was he had an amazing lawyer who was connected (money). He still had to take some sentencing because of the nature of the crime, but his plea deal was to do 1000 hours of community service and still take jail time on it's face. Be prepared for him to get released to home arrest due to overcrowding after a month or so (money).

The reason he was trying to get automatic weapons is that he got into a rolling shootout here in Cincinnati on I71 after a concert afterparty, and one of his entourage died. He wanted to make sure that he was never outgunned in a situation like that, so he put out the call to buy some automatic weapons. Since he has a felony record, he couldn't go about doing it legally, so he had to go the illegal route. The feds heard about it, setup the sting and got him with weapons he had bought prior and with the attempt to buy more. They (feds) wanted to make an example out of him until his lawyers (money) convinced them otherwise. That's why there's a distinct difference in the music he's making now and all the community service/mtv shows he did. He understood he got caught up doing something very dumb in his position and vowed to change and try to spread the change. Had he not been in the position to do so (high profile entertainer with plenty of money) he would have been thrown under the jail.

Paladin said it best, money and influence got him his sentence. It's not a black or white thing. It's a green thing, and it's been that way in this country for a long time.

To clear some things up:

If he has felonies he can't legally get a tax stamp to obtain them legally.

The maximum sentence for violating NFA is up to 10 years in prison and $100,000. A bad lawyer will get you 10 years and $100,000; A good lawyer will get you a year and a day!

I like that most news articles go into how awesome TI is, but not what he actually did... they call it an "arms charge". Yet the same media claims that the dude from Alabama had "assault weapons". Somehow when machineguns and silencers are actually involved in a crime, they are "arms", but when civilian legal firearms are involved, they are "assault weapons".

If he manufactured the machine guns himself, rather than buying them from an ATF agent, he couldn't have been prosecuted since he is already a convicted felon. The 5th Amendment states that you cannot incriminate yourself and by filling out a Form1 would do just that... Possession is the only convicting offense, not the transfer or manufacture of the devices.

If he were white and a country singer, chances are better than even that he wouldn't have done it.

If he were white and a country singer, chances are better than even that he wouldn't have done it.

... or been a convicted felon in the first place!