In what military branch did you serve?

In what branch did YOU serve? (American & Foreign))  

151 members have voted

1. 1. In what branch did YOU serve?

• Army
    • Navy
    • Marines
    • Air Force
    • Coast guard
    • Contractor such as Tripple Canopy or Blackwater
    • Civil Police
    • None

CIA Twinsen! The positions are filled from recruitment only...the very best from all the various walks of life. They are the best of the very best. To keep us out of wars and make sure if one (armed dispute) does sprout it is quickly plucked...or deflected. Unfortunately, when they fail our country's young die.

I'd die happy. Bonus points if I could help spit in Pelosi's face over what she's been up to.

I absolutely detest that woman. I can't think of another human being that I dislike more. :smoke:

Edited by Wolverine
  • Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Not here. Bad feet, bad eyesight, and can make more money / stay at home elsewhere. They've got my draft card if they need me.   Plus, I am not subordinate to anyone, and, from what I see of law en

My family has served in the armed forces of our countries for longer than I know. It is a tradition. My family has fought the Russians for hundreds of years in Poland, & the British in Ireland. A

If I may,   Something I learned as a Heathen, many years ago, and have occasionally chastised some of my more "Warrior Centric" kinsfolk about. Not that I'm chastising anyone here, just reminding m

Posted Images

Sadly, I did not enter the Armed Forces. I was all ready to sign up with the Air Force, when my best friend talked me out of it, and into moving to Atlantic City to go to blackjack dealing school. What a stupid, stupid, stupid decision. I would have thrived under military life, and would be 5 years from retiring by now. I fully support all of the members of our Armed Forces, and will do so until I draw my last breath.

This is one of my only regrets in life. :shame:

Sadly, I did not enter the Armed Forces. I was all ready to sign up with the Air Force, when my best friend talked me out of it, and into moving to Atlantic City to go to blackjack dealing school. What a stupid, stupid, stupid decision. I would have thrived under military life, and would be 5 years from retiring by now. I fully support all of the members of our Armed Forces, and will do so until I draw my last breath.

This is one of my only regrets in life. :shame:

I feel that same way. I should have joined out of high school, or college.

Now 14 years later I went into a recruiters office today. I want to get into the Army reserves, but I am not sure if my asthma will allow me to. I would like the chance to go back and correct one of my biggest regrets, of course being 10 years younger would help.

RalphXL

Born into a Marine Corps family and saw my first light out of the womb in Quantico. I enlisted right out of High School, but they found out that I had a pin in my shoulder from a previous surgery and my fun ended very abruptly. I finally ended up in the other family business of Law Enforcement. I love what I do now, but still have some regrets of not being able to serve.

Edited by GeorgiaPD
I feel that same way. I should have joined out of high school, or college.

Now 14 years later I went into a recruiters office today. I want to get into the Army reserves, but I am not sure if my asthma will allow me to. I would like the chance to go back and correct one of my biggest regrets, of course being 10 years younger would help.

RalphXL

A guy I was in bootcamp with was discharged for asthma. It was a shame too. He was one of the best & brightest recruits there. This guy really had leadership potential.

But I understand Uncle Sam's rationale.

If everyone is out where a person can't get supplies, or in a situation where one can not rest, this could be a detrimental burden to the unit, which would spend time & resources to help the sick or injured servicemember. Not to mention the loss of that servicemembers skills in the completion of the objective.

Picture a group of guys running for their lives & 1 has knee issues or an asthma attack. That could suck!

This rationale is also why Uncle Sam makes sure your dental work is ALWAYS current. And we all should too.

It would be a shame to be focusing on a toothache, when you need to be focusing on how to keep you & yours alive.

It shows character though, when one at least trys.

Regardless of discharge type, medical limitations, mental issues or politics, it shows certain character traits when a person chooses the military or situations where their lives may be endangered.

It shows "you got heart"

Ebonics translation: "you one down-ass mutha-fucka".

(context not to be confused with saying that, after somebody has been shot with a .50 cal) :sick:

US Navy 1977 - 1983

Boot: Great Lakes, Il., graduated, promoted to E4

A School: Machinist Mate A School, Great Lakes, Il., Graduated

1200psi Lockstep Boiler School, Great Lakes, Il., Graduated, promoted to E5

Specialty Schools: Nuclear Power School, Orlando, Fl., Graduated

Nuclear Reactor Prototype School, Idaho Falls(Atomic City), Id., Graduated

Submarine School, Groton, Ct., Graduated

High Pressure Deisel Engine School, Charlston, Sc., Graduated, Promoted to E6

Navy Dive School, Pearl Harbor, Hi. Graduated

Duty Assignments: USS Sculpin (SSN 590), Qualified Submarines, Blue Nose, Golden Shelback

USS Bremerton (SSN 698), High Pressure Steam Plant Expert

USS Michigan (SSBN 727), Hydraulics Expert, HI/LOW Pressure Air Expert

Final Rate/Grade: MM1SS/DV(N)

I enjoyed my time and I am proud that I served. I salute all that have and all that are.

HUZZAH!! HUZZAH!! HUZZAH!!

Air Force brat for 24 years. Wanted to be pilot like dad my whole life. After HS almost enlisted 4 times. Dad talked me out of it each time. Told me to stay in school, then go in. I didnt do well wth authority figures at that time in my life. 5 years later found myself in construction instead. I still look back 15 years later and wonder how it would have been.

I was in the Air Force for 9.5 years, highest rank achieved was Staff Sergeant (was never demoted, thank God), and received an honorable discharge. Served as a Security Forces member, and 3 years into my enlistment I became an explosive detector / attack dog handler. Stationed at Minot AFB, ND; Kunsan AB, Republic of Korea; and Vance AFB, OK.

Air Force leads the way... to the air conditioned tents with cable tv.

None, because they wouldn't take me on a bet. Had a stroke at 18 months with no identifiable cause, leaving me with only one functioning vertebral artery. Even if that weren't the case, I have a "disqualifying mental defect." Military service is a family tradition. Wish I could have continued it.

My Grandfather was in the Navy and my Dad and all three uncles were in the Army. My bro wanted in the Air Force (his biggest love in this world was flying) but his vision kept him out. When he was a teenager, he put some black powder in a bottle and lit it. Bad idea. When he ran in the basement after it happened, he had a long shard of glass sticking out of his right eye. Wasn't surprising vision kept him out.

As for me, all I ever wanted when I was young is to get married and raise a family. I got three great sons out of it.

I thank all who have served and also all who tried. You guys are da bomb! :super:

Army Signals BABAH!!! We get all the babes!!!

Ummm, I'll have to disagree. Being a Marine stationed on Keesler Air Force Base and walking around in Dress Blues gets you ALL the :f0ckers: you can possibly shake your stick at. THANK GOD FOR AF CHICKS! I had a thing for AF chicks sporting a White Rope, they were often the most naughty. :smoke:

Sorry for the off topic post but reliving memories is good sometimes. :angel:

(Edited to add which AFB.)

Edited by MCASgt New River

Ummm, I'll have to disagree. Being a Marine stationed on Air Force Base and walking around in Dress Blues gets you ALL the :f0ckers: you can possibly shake your stick at. THANK GOD FOR AF CHICKS! I had a thing for AF chicks sporting a White Rope, they were often the most naughty. :smoke:

So true....Kadena Air Base was excellent hunting grounds in my USMC days. The AF chicks knew they shouldn't get involved with us, but luckily they never listened to that little voice. Even if you struck out with the ladies on Friday night at the Airmen's Club, you could at least get into a good fight....aahhh the memories.

Ummm, I'll have to disagree. Being a Marine stationed on Keesler Air Force Base and walking around in Dress Blues gets you ALL the :f0ckers: you can possibly shake your stick at. THANK GOD FOR AF CHICKS! I had a thing for AF chicks sporting a White Rope, they were often the most naughty. :smoke:

If memory serves, white ropes designated the "Chapel Guides".

If memory serves, white ropes designated the "Chapel Guides".

:angel: Yeah, they are. :angel:

I served as a Marine Corps wife... Does that count?

Husband was 3Bn, India Co at MCRD PISC '93, quit signing up for cruises in '00 and wished he stayed. Kids and a bitching redhead at home will do that. :oops:

This pic says it all- we LOVE OUR CORPS!

You bet it counts .. Behind every good soldier/man is a good woman ... And a surprised Mother-in-Law

Thanks for both of your service to this country.....

U.S. Marine Corps Active Duty as a Combat Engineer from Sep 01-Sep 05

Police Officer outside of Nashville, TN from Aug 06-Present

U.S. Coast Guard Reserve as a Maring Science Technician from June 08-Present

Currently in school full time to complete my degree in Criminal Justice. Once completed, I intend to become a Marine Corp Officer in the Active Duty Component.

It's a "Family Tradition."

Oohrah. Semper Fi!!! KILL!!!

WHAT??? WHADDA YA TALKING ABOUT?? Driving around the Balkens in a 2/12, sweaty men, OLD communications technology, DID I MENTION smelly sweaty nerdy men???

I GET ALL THE BABES!!!!

LIES ALL!! I SAY LIES!!!!!!!!!........ :cryss:

Edited by Bean.223

Navy. Originally enlisted, followed by the "knife and fork" route a few years after. Following that, I've been in public safety (local govt) ever since.

The uniform has changed over the years, but the reasons remain the same. Some go through life to forge their livelihoods as they are able, and others ensure the fabric of society remains intact so they are able to do so...my makeup is such that I fit into the later of the two.

I guess I'm one of the few older one's. Marine's 1968/74. i spend some time on the two Marine board's.so not too much over here.

my two uncle's. served in U.S. army. and my other uncle,{ Navy} went down with the U.S.S. ARIZONA at Pearl Dec. 7th. 1941,

and my grandfather > served on the Enterprise, first battle of Midway. then all the way to Okinawa.

as they did their's. I did mine. to all active and former duty Marine's. Semper-Fi

3rd generation military and retiring from reserves with 22 years accumulated service.

Six years active duty Air Force- 54550 Base Engineering HVAC and refrigeration.

Six years Army Reserve- 11B/ H Light Infanty and anti-armor

Ten years Naval Reserve- Utilitiesman and Seabee Military Instructor with Navy Seabees (deployed '04-'05 OIF II)

Hopefully retiring by end of this year.

USCG 2002-2008

Response Team Member - Drug/Migrant Interdiction - Counter-Terrorism Ops - Joint Ops CBP/DEA/FBI - Compliance/LE Ops - Vertical Insertion Team Member

Semper Paratus

My ship did a "Crack-Pac" too!

We patrolled the seas off south america intercepting smugglers.

We filled 1 heilo hanger with drugs, & 1 with smugglers.

We used their boats for target practice.

Even though half our weapons systems were inoperable, NOBODY wants to screw with the worlds greatest Navy!

:blues: