I'll be headed to Potter County, PA. I have friends there who will most definitely band together and be ready for any situation. I have plenty of ammo and firepower to add to what will already be present. There's plenty of wild game to harvest when the need arises. I think we'd hold out pretty well. Of course, It would be good to somehow link up with all our Saiga-12.com brethren... :super:

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

BVamp- No offense man, but I feel like I need to hire a code breaker to understand some of your posts. Leave a few more clues for me, brother.

GeorgiaPD:> Despite your cop tendencies, you guys will be welcome in post-apocalypse Sal-topia.     LOL! WELL PUT! That was awesome! :lolol:

In all honesty guys, in this type of situation if you stay put you are fucked. If you venture out to the woods your life will be hard. The only option is to find your friends and maximize profits. Now

Posted Images

Good responses from all on here. Even Sal.

Best,

Kevin

In all honesty guys, in this type of situation if you stay put you are fucked. If you venture out to the woods your life will be hard. The only option is to find your friends and maximize profits. Now, society is NOT going to break down, so you all don't need to worry. But really you need to be organized, just like in real life, in order to win the game. I wish it weren't like that but it is. :smoke:

• Like 3

I just cant deal with the FREAK OUTS! some people will absolutely lose all self control and flip their lid, i see it in day to day life. Those as work that freak about the little shit, cant deal with them. Ill take my chances out of town and with my "people" screw trying to talk sense into the "sheeple" that have no self control and common sense.

Good responses from all on here. Even Sal, but anybody who shows up at my door who isn't on my "short list" is in for some disappointment. The safety and security of my family vastly outweighs your need for safety and security. I have no problem defending me and mine. Nothing personal, just reality.

Having said that, what most preppers lack aside from the money to do what we want, is a PLAN. A plan requires good information.

I'll bet that some of the respondents on here have heard of this guy, but Jack Spirko with the survival podcast is a great place to start. He has a ton of information on preps, debt elimination (debt is cancer), self-sufficient living, BOLs, why a having a BOB or BOV is a good start, but incomplete if thats all you have.

I like his podcasts better than most because he's a Libertarian who doesn't come off like a wacko, survivalist, Rambo-type.

He's not a spartan, beans-n-bullets kind of prepper either. Good. Common-sense. Texan.

This commercial-free podcast makes for good listening if you're beginning to take prepping as a mindset seriously. I highly recommend it:

Starting the Journey from Grasshopper to Ant - The Survival Podcast

Be Ready. Stay Ready.

Best,

Kevin

I would like to also say thankyou for the link kevin gave me some insight i havnt thought of yet. Helped out, just somthing to think about and help prepare for who knows what.

I'll be headed to Potter County, PA. I have friends there who will most definitely band together and be ready for any situation. I have plenty of ammo and firepower to add to what will already be present. There's plenty of wild game to harvest when the need arises. I think we'd hold out pretty well. Of course, It would be good to somehow link up with all our Saiga-12.com brethren... :super:

Deep in the heart of Pennsyltucky ;)

There are a couple Saiga crazies around here I'm thinking interlocking fields of fire wouldn't be a problem

In all honesty guys, in this type of situation if you stay put you are fucked. If you venture out to the woods your life will be hard. The only option is to find your friends and maximize profits. Now, society is NOT going to break down, so you all don't need to worry. But really you need to be organized, just like in real life, in order to win the game. I wish it weren't like that but it is. :smoke:

Nice and well spoken post Sal..Yes, the moon must be full but I completely agree with you. Besides, I would be heading towards the family ranch near you if the worst possible scenario took place during my lifetime.

Edited by GeorgiaPD

Paulyski, that was an amazing post my friend. I can only hope I can not fear death when it is presented to me. Sure, a lot of people say they don't fear death, but who knows until it is right there in front of you.

I've done some thinking, and I think my best bet would to stay here in my city. I won't go into details of where, but it's an Island connected solely by bridges, this can help and hurt at the same time; like hard for intruders to come in, but difficult to get out if these bridges were damaged. BUT the body of water separating my city from the mainland is shallow. So anyone who knows about the area (me for example) knows the places where you can wade across. Also my friends dad is a retired Marine Colonel, and he knows other retired vets who, well, I'll just say prepared. I think I'll rendezvous with him and my friends and try to establish some sort of HQ or anything to help us in the situation. Knowing my friends dad, he'll probably try to get more supply's and try to keep our community from going out of control.

It's hard to plan for these situations. The only thing I can hope for is that I overcome and adapt. And not get my ass killed doing something stupid.

Disney world does sound cool though. Mount 50's on the mona-rail system and use it for patrol LOL.

I would like to also say thankyou for the link kevin gave me some insight i havnt thought of yet. Helped out, just somthing to think about and help prepare for who knows what.

No problem, chevyman097. Glad you found some of the info useful. I have to admit that some of the things he talks about, and is doing, are beyond my limited resources right now (i.e. some of his permaculture suggestions for example).

Before listening to him for the first time a year ago, I took preps from the "Beans, Bullets, & Band-aids" attitude. That things would just work out, and I could survive on wits, dry beans, rice, and stockpiled water. Never stopping to consider that I have a young son who has never had to live like that.

Preps can include the absolute bare necessities, but the brunt of food preps must include foods that are familiar, nutritious, and enjoyed. Store what you eat in everyday life. I wouldn't want a shtf scenario to be the time to convince my son that canned spinach tastes great.

You know the saying: "You don't know what you DON'T know"? That saying couldn't be more true.

Best,

Kevin

Edited by Kevin in Texas

The moon must be full.....Now if I can just convince you to vote Nader...

Huh? WTF would you vote for a gun grabber, let alone try to get someone else to vote for him?

Well, he is funded by republicans.

Every vote that he gets is 1 vote that a democrat doesn't.

Worked for Bush in 2000.

Nice and well spoken post Sal..Yes, the moon must be full but I completely agree with you. Besides, I would be heading towards the family ranch near you if the worst possible scenario took place during my lifetime.

GeorgiaPD:> Despite your cop tendencies, you guys will be welcome in post-apocalypse Sal-topia. :lolol:

If the shit hits the fan, then I'll buy a new fan.

LOL! WELL PUT! That was awesome! :lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

• Like 2

I just cant deal with the FREAK OUTS! some people will absolutely lose all self control and flip their lid, i see it in day to day life. Those as work that freak about the little shit, cant deal with them. Ill take my chances out of town and with my "people" screw trying to talk sense into the "sheeple" that have no self control and common sense.

Do you remember when there was a major power disruption throughout the NE? Shit, the lights go out and people freak. They forget how to drive, they forget how to be civil.... crime goes way up.

AND THAT was just one little blip! Imagine a real problem! You'll be damn glad you have guns that are in 100% working order and plenty of hi-cap mags and ammo.

I remember after 911 people lined up two blocks down the street trying to fill up cans with gas. Im like the gas is going to be gone before half u poeple get to the pump. And wtf are you going to do with it anyways, There were only allowing(most stations from talk i heard) to get like 10 gallons. If your that hard up for 10 gallons of gas you are FUCKED anyways.

All kidding aside, there are just too many variables, known and unknown, to really come up with a fool-proof plan.

Exactly. It might be wise to aquire "things" that would otherwise be hard to come by if the proverbial S hits the F, but any plan has to come after you known what the situation is.

Speaking of "things", on this Christmas morning I am now the proud owner of a pair of camoflauge house slippers so I think that confirms that I am staying put right here in the "compound".:lolol:

Do you remember when there was a major power disruption throughout the NE? Shit, the lights go out and people freak. They forget how to drive, they forget how to be civil.... crime goes way up.

Assuming we're talking about the same major outage (we have to be, I guess, because we've never had a blackout up this way as long as this one that I can remember in my 26 years of life).........I do remember it. I was at work, and everything went on as normal, due to the hotel running off generators (there was a huge function going on too, some sort of company event). But when I drove home..............holy shit. People were driving like nutjobs. I mean, sure, the suburbs where I lived at the time looked TOTALLY different, because it was literally pitch black. Which is obviously not the norm, to be blacked out, in a decent sized town.

But come on, have those people never drove down a backwoods road at night, with no street lights???? That's all it looked like......just in a city atmosphere, which made it look weird.

You're right; Take people out of their normal element, and you're going to have some of them go ape-shit crazy.

Worked for Bush in 2000.

Yeah, voting for a Republican gun grabber like McCain is much better...

Even Bush brought us the import barrel ban and veteran disarmament act.

• Like 1

Worked for Bush in 2000.

Well Nader has good points that exceed his bad points. Legalization of Marijuana, auditing the federal reserve, support for single payer health care, support for ending the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan, ENDING the militarization of the police etc... stuff you guys might not be into, but that is important to me.

As for his anti-gun measures, he has made only two statements regarding the topic and seems to be far outside of what I would want. But its a "baby out with the bath watter" type of thing....

:smoke:

Anyway thats my 2-cents.

Edited by bigsal
  • Like 1

Worked for Bush in 2000.

Well Nader has good points that exceed his bad points. Legalization of Marijuana, auditing the federal reserve, support for single payer health care, support for ending the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan, ENDING the militarization of the police etc... stuff you guys might not be into, but that is important to me.

As for his anti-gun measures, he has made only two statements regarding the topic and seems to be far outside of what I would want. But its a "baby out with the bath watter" type of thing....

:smoke:

Anyway thats my 2-cents.

And therein lies the deception of Nader...

You say that he is for legalization of marijuana... Well, why then, back in 1999, when I was working as a field manager for progressive campaigns, did Nader's group hold up the Medicinal Marijuana initiative in court?

Nader has repeatedly said that medicinal legalization is the first step to full on legalization, but his group held our initiative up, while his petitioners were trying to confuse the full on legalization issue with the medicinal issue. This resulted in progressive having to complete the fastest petition drive ever, in Oregon in 1999. The public didn't trust us, & we had to explain the situation of Nader's people & the B.S. they were pulling in order to get the required signatures form half the people that had been duped into signing the "full on legalization" initiative when they thought they were signing the medicinal initiative.

It went smoother in Wa. state & Nv. where Nader wasn't operating at the time... & that is saying a LOT, because Nv. is one DAMN HARD state to get an initiative on the ballot through grass roots petitioning. For example, Myself & my crew were even run out of Church Hill County by the sheriff's department.

Nader's record shows that he thinks he knows what is best for everyone, & he wants the power of the state to enforce his views. So if you think he would weaken the police, well... Think again.

Nader is a hypocritical attention whore.

He says one thing & does another. He knows what the result of his actions will be, yet his followers are such idealistic idiots that they have no foresight & do not realize that he is nothing more than another Jim Jones, dispensing his own flavor of Kool-Aid.

But please, don't spread that info around, the more idiots that vote for him & his party, the more likely we will be to keep our guns & money.

Edit; Sorry for getting off topic with my Nader tirade, it happens all the time when I think about that douche-bag.

Edited by Paulyski

mines pretty simple.. Hit up my parents house on a peninsula (well amost island) with only like 5 houses, one entrance (which is thin and probably starts 150 yards from their house). And the surrounding water is filled with so much food.. I spend ages getting stuff out of the water, no matter the season.. Also keep most of my extra ammo stored there

The deal about the "mountains" getting crowded, very few people know how harsh the northern Rockies are, and many planning to go there will turn back before they get to the really remote parts, or will leave soon after arriving, Planning and stockpiling are great ideas, necessary ideas, but a huge and very important part of survival is also the right frame of mind, the understanding that discomfort is better than death or imprisonment, and the strength of spirit to get up every day, no matter how harsh the conditions, and do what has to be done to make do for yourself and your family. Those who believe this scenario will be like a leisurely big game hunt are in for a very disappointing realization. Its not gonna be easy, and its not gonna be fun, and the test we will face, both physical and mental, are going to be much harder than many of us are prepared for. Continue your stockpiling, continue your preparation, but don't forget to prepare your mind, to prepare your will, and don't fool yourself into believing it will be easy or enjoyable.

I am of this mindset as well. I hear a bunch of chatter about people fleeing to the wild but I don't see it. I have some experience in camping, hiking, hunting etc...more than a lot of people do and I know full well that I would get my ass kicked trying to live off the land or survive or whatever. People say game will be depleted, I also think this is crazy, it's not just so easy to go out and hunt for food and I don't imagine too many people will even attempt hunting or survival. They don't have the tools, skill or most importantly as mav pointed out the mindset to even begin such a massive undertaking. Maybe in the old days when people were still more reliant on themselves than wal-mart it would have been game depletion and crowded mountains but I just don't see it today. If that many people headed for Donner pass I'd imagine you could eat the dead to stay alive. I have no problem with eating the dead and my kids will eat as well or be faced with instant "TIMEOUT!!!" That's how tough I am.

• Like 1

Well i grew up tending the garden and taking care of rabbits. And I know how fast rabbits can reproduce(pretty damn fast) and how easy they are to raise. several pair of rabbits can keep a small family fed for a long time, plus a garden every year. Not to mention other wild life.

And i agree the everyday person just would not last outside the city where they have everything they need. Its ammazing what people cant live without these days.