Yeh, the DIY parts kits will be available out of the first production run or so, with the initial pieces all being hand made by Tom Cole and fitted to customer guns first to work out any issues that are unforseen. So get on the list if you want us to install one in your gun, or call Vicki up during normal hours (I dont do the credit card machine, or Id say you can call me too if she is busy at the time) and place your DIY kit order, and things look good for on time delivery at this point.

Tom is still taking reasonable turn around times for builds as well as just the installation of this part in your gun, so do consider having him install the part for you at this point. We dont want to see a bunch of rumor starting because its a new part and a few people made mistakes and installed the thing improperly. It IS a new thing, so the rumor mill is decidedly empty at this point, which is good, and we'd prefer to keep it that way.

The R+D is 99% done, really its just waiting on the patent so the mass production of the parts can start, at this point.

We all really do appreciate you not asking a lot of questions outside of the norm for a new part, and trust in Tom to deliver a good part to market. That really saves Vicki, especially, a lot of time on the phone.

Everything looks on track, a week into the public announcement....no surprises yet

• Like 1
  • Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

rofl.   It had to happen eventually, Shannon.

Well isn't that just awesome.  

Here's the "Something Special" I promised.   Works with any current production mag/drum with no modifications.   Replaces the current manual BHO.   One quality steel part and one replacement spr

Posted Images

This thread is gonna make the best August Fools Days joke ...ever....................................................:lolol:

Just kidding.................the mass production version is being quoted out today...............if they can do it to suit me. VK

• Like 1

Just a little unclear about the process of sending th gun in for the work to be done.

So I call Ms. Vicki and get an SO number then ship it to CGW, then Tom does the install and CGW sends the gun directly back to me? No FFL involved? Yes?

How long is the turnaround time?

correct, as the gun is gunsmithing, there is no change in ownership, but it does have to return to the address we bill you to, and from whence it came from.....not the door up the way, not your summer home, but where you shipped from, and to YOU.

keyword - NONTRANSFER of ownership. legal if you have a legitimate manufacturers license of firearms and answer to the BATF, of course....

we will see how it looks monday, for backlog. this weekend and the last days have shown a definate increase in calls and orders, so we will see then for timing.

Tom is going to get REAL busy here, so I will try to keep you guys posted every couple of days or so, if he cannot....

• Like 1

correct, as the gun is gunsmithing, there is no change in ownership, but it does have to return to the address we bill you to, and from whence it came from.....not the door up the way, not your summer home, but where you shipped from, and to YOU.

keyword - NONTRANSFER of ownership. legal if you have a legitimate manufacturers license of firearms and answer to the BATF, of course....

This really is nice. It's much more convenient to skip the hassle, (and expense), of going through a FFL.

Most of the best biz members on this site are licensed firearms manufacturers. E.g. I was able to receive my gun directly back from LSA when I had them work on it.

I can't wait to see some customer feedback and testing on Tom's LRBHO. I also eagerly anticipate a customer DIY video using the kit, (I'd rather do it myself for the difference in price).

Edited by post-apocalyptic
  • Like 1

HAHA, its about damn time!

Matter of fact, my 108 rear sight pin fell out and I lack the skills,tools, and opposable thumbs to get the job done. Maybe a modification while off on warranty?

Please tell me md arms and cadiz have worked together with they're awesome up and coming products.

DS & LRBHO?

This really is nice. It's much more convenient to skip the hassle, (and expense), of going through a FFL.

Most of the best biz members on this site are licensed firearms manufacturers. E.g. I was able to receive my gun directly back from LSA when I had them work on it.

I can't wait to see some customer feedback and testing on Tom's LRBHO. I also eagerly anticipate a customer DIY video using the kit, (I'd rather do it myself for the difference in price).

+1

Yeah...

I'm a cheap broke bastard too.

Edited by Paulyski

I'm anxious to give this a try myself. I enjoy working on my guns, so I would like the DIY kit when it is available.

This place is so awesome, addictive and expensive. It seems like every few months something cool comes out that I have to have. In the last moth or so, I've ordered my HK sights and pre-tapped top rail from Chaos, the auto adjusting gas valve from TAC 47 and now I've got to order this.

When does the invention of really cool and innovative S-12 parts end? Hopefully NEVER!!! Though I'm sure the wife hopes for something different. :lolol:

• Like 1

My S-12 is an older gun that never had a BHO and the receiver isn't slotted for it. Will this make any difference in price or procedures when I get your LRBHO installed?

I asked the same question and Tom responded that there was no problem installing it in guns without the manual BHO. I took that to mean that price and procedure were the same.

Here's the "Something Special" I promised.

Works with any current production mag/drum with no modifications.

Replaces the current manual BHO.

One quality steel part and one replacement spring.

Minimal machining, I use a milling machine, but a dremel-meister can do it.

Automatically locks bolt open when the last round is fired.

$150 plus $20 return shipping to the lower 48.

$50 plus $5 shipping for the parts set.

VK,

So, it is $150 plus return shipping for you to install it on a customer's weapon

.... and $55 shipped for the parts, DIY

You are my hero!

I am really interested in the LRBHO with the auto bolt close. That will be the answer for competition!

The same unit will be used for either application, it's just a matter of changing the angle of the face of the hold open and polishing the face out. Maybe dropping the spring tension a bit.

I'm liking the latest upgrade, I put a side button on the reciever and cut the safety lever to engage the button . When the safety is fully engaged it trips the bolt closed. This does require a small slot to be cut in the side naturally. Up until this point there was no external modification to the weapon.

• Like 2

Tom, I'm going to PM you my personal cell number. I want to discuss the bolt release for this unit. You are probably aware I have one on one of my 12's with a LRBHO. I don't want nothing, just want to tell you how I did it as an option for you to ponder, if you like please feel free to incorporate it. My design is super simple. This design has been sitting around waiting for a few years on a LRBHO... It is an ambidextrous design and can be set up 4 different ways. It can offer a lot of pressure for unlocking and you may not have to lessen your spring tension. I think I know how you pulled off your lrbho by one of your comments and that is ingenious if my ASSuming is correct. Also I have a very good source for laser cutting and CNC forming all in one house if your interested in a possible manufacturing contact...

• Like 6

Tom, I'm going to PM you my personal cell number. I want to discuss the bolt release for this unit. You are probably aware I have one on one of my 12's with a LRBHO. I don't want nothing, just want to tell you how I did it as an option for you to ponder, if you like please feel free to incorporate it. My design is super simple. This design has been sitting around waiting for a few years on a LRBHO... It is an ambidextrous design and can be set up 4 different ways. It can offer a lot of pressure for unlocking and you may not have to lessen your spring tension. I think I know how you pulled off your lrbho by one of your comments and that is ingenious if my ASSuming is correct. Also I have a very good source for laser cutting and CNC forming all in one house if your interested in a possible manufacturing contact...

Is this the Saiga-12 equivalent of, "Mr. Smith I'd like to introduce you to Mr. Wesson." ?

• Like 2

Hm, is there a way to lock the bolt back on a gun that doesn't have a mag inserted?

i can't help but ask about all the back and forth about bolt hold opens and mags. that i can't get in the gun without a fight. do i have the only production saiga that is very easy to load a full mag in with the bolt closed? i have 10 rd. mags and i just tilt them forward a little and pull back and its locked in, no problems.

Hm, is there a way to lock the bolt back on a gun that doesn't have a mag inserted?

i can't help but ask about all the back and forth about bolt hold opens and mags. that i can't get in the gun without a fight. do i have the only production saiga that is very easy to load a full mag in with the bolt closed? i have 10 rd. mags and i just tilt them forward a little and pull back and its locked in, no problems.

Get some 3 inch or even some roll crimp 2 3/4 like Wolf and try the same technique. It won't work quite the same. The longer the ammo the more interference from the bolt.

• 1 month later...

I've been using one of the last of the Jeric LRBHO kits for some time now for 3-gun and it really completes the Saiga-12. After shooting with the LRBHO awhile, you will feel the bolt lock back and you immediately go to rapid reload drill which is enhanced due to no resistance against that closed bolt. For rapid fire strings in competition shooting it makes the reload a damn sight faster! Someone please start production on the LRBHO kit again as I'm thinking on a second Saiga-12.

• 2 weeks later...

Release lever is on the right side................But the next mod may have a little input from MD Arms and it very well may have the Ambi-release lever...........................

And yes we are taking orders, and verbally beating up on the production guy with the "Big" machine to knock out the first run of 5000........

• 2 months later...