New kind of all metal drum?

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Where you seeing anything about the drum being steel? It just says it's "all metal".     .........and aluminum is metal.     That'd be one heavy ass sonofabitch if it were all steel.   Fuc

Damn thing looks like it weighs 40 pounds empty.   I'll stick with the MD20 thank you.

If you run slugs through it will it get clogged with molten lead slug dust?

Posted Images

~$1800 for that "Origin" POS? :lolol:

For a couple hundred more you could buy a race gun from R&R or JT and get a S-12 with a magwell setup, (probably mid-barrel comp/s etc also), that actually works!

I don't know how AA stays in business, but it's unfortunate that they somehow do. :unsure:

it sells for $115, its in stock and available for purchase!! i knew i couldnt be the only one who wonders what the fuck these guys are on!!:lolol: when i seen this shit all i could do is laugh. how can they expect anybody to take them seriously when there selling shit like this. Its perfectly clear who their targeting with this one.:ph34r:

Have you guys seen the video of their Origin shotgun? That thing is a fucking joke too! a huge bulky shotgun with NO boltrelease, NO ambi safety, NO ambi chargin handle, NO LRBHO, propreitary 5 round mags, i mean this thing is in no way an improvement over the saiga! what the hell is wrong with those guys that makes them think people will buy that klunky, overly complicated gas system shotgun for $1800 over a Saiga for $500??. I think this gun is for the Mall Ninja who thinks it looks super cool, thats the only reason i can think anyone would buy it!! I think it looks like shit myself. I guess they really are just idiots OR ON DRUGS!!

Still though, wait and see, somebody will post a pic saying "look at my awesome S-12 with the super tatical riot sheild for blocking incoming rounds while im reloading!!" :lolol:

yep a few threads around on it here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z35tnq1GBVM

bling bling

AA should call that video.... Lord of the Mall Ninjas

That is the "Hi, I'm over here" tacticool version and it doubles as a signaling device. Goobers.... just.... goobers.

I wouldn't mind having one (in black) if it took saiga mags and was around 1,000.00 bucks. But I also don't see a point to it over the saiga 12's I have. I was told two years ago the price was to be in the 900 to 1200 range. You could mill a dress up kit like vera for less.

In all fairness it does say that its a prototype and is raw with no finish on it, not chrome. Do you really need sights on it to demo the action? The thing that caught my attention is that he says its all steel, can you say HEAVY? The action looks a lot smoother than an S12 though, I think it uses an upper and lower rail. Why no left handed charging handle? Looks like they just copied the S12 but tightened up the tolerances and added mods that many folks add anyway. How does the box mag not have a curve in it to compensate for the rimmed shell? Maybe there is a groove in the back like a stripper clip?

Edited by Shadoh

The first person to post a pic of that fucking shield on their S-12 needs to be banned for life on this site!

True that. However I would like to see one mounted for shit's and giggles.

Ah anytime I need a good laugh I find it here. I love this site.

You are right there. I get my daily laugh from here.

Holy shit. Listen at 1:16, when he drops the mag. It sounds like a damn barbell hitting the ground. I wonder how much that mag weighs.

I love that mag! :lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol:

Just push the button, oh yeah, don't forget to move your fucking feet out of the way. These guys, if nothing else there good for a laugh.

you know what makes that VFG "shield so funny? It costs 115 while the just the grip is 35. so that piece of 1/16" thick piece of sheet metal is around $80....pfff. if you wanted it would be much easier to just get the grip and make your own shield for a fraction of the cost, especially since they list the grip as "armor ready". Also, they say the grip is "Made from an extremely shock resistant polymer" well, maybe they should have gone with that for the wraithmaker, eh too late. Let them continue to make crap that no soldier would use.

it sells for $115, its in stock and available for purchase!! i knew i couldnt be the only one who wonders what the fuck these guys are on!!:lolol: when i seen this shit all i could do is laugh. how can they expect anybody to take them seriously when there selling shit like this. Its perfectly clear who their targeting with this one.:ph34r:

Have you guys seen the video of their Origin shotgun? That thing is a fucking joke too! a huge bulky shotgun with NO boltrelease, NO ambi safety, NO ambi chargin handle, NO LRBHO, propreitary 5 round mags, i mean this thing is in no way an improvement over the saiga! what the hell is wrong with those guys that makes them think people will buy that klunky, overly complicated gas system shotgun for $1800 over a Saiga for $500??. I think this gun is for the Mall Ninja who thinks it looks super cool, thats the only reason i can think anyone would buy it!! I think it looks like shit myself. I guess they really are just idiots OR ON DRUGS!!

Still though, wait and see, somebody will post a pic saying "look at my awesome S-12 with the super tatical riot sheild for blocking incoming rounds while im reloading!!" :lolol:

bling bling

We all know that excessive chrome makes things run better...

These will hold doors open and anchor boats...

And, lest we forget, dispense tampons.

Of course it does, especially if we're firing non-corrosive ammunition. That being said, it looks more like either bare or maybe brushed aluminum. Clearly the shiny shit is just a shell over the actual receiver. If that thing sells well I will lose more faith in the sanity of mankind.

Edited by Shandlanos

You know i really feel sorry for these guys, and everyone who buys one of those guns. however few people it may be, I dont see why anyone would buy it or why AA would think anyone would buy it, how the hell can someone can try to innovate and build a better design BUT in the process not add any design features to make it a better weapon???

"hey AA, your gun is already for sale for less than 1/3 the price, its called a fucking SAIGA!!!" poor SOB's.

I too would like to see the sheild mounted just for laughs anyway, if i had money to blow i would buy one, mount it and take a bunch of pictures of me using it in diffrent scenarios and positions.Breaching doors, taking cover, you know demonstrating the diffrent combat applications of the tactical gun sheild!!LOL maybe make a training video with it!!! then post it here of course and i would send it to AA so they can put it on their site!! somebody do this PLEEEEZZ, that would be epic!!!! :up:

well sorry for posting this about a well known drum, i really thought it was a copy but not the original. wishful thinking i guess i was hoping it might be a reliable 30 rounder.

Have you guys seen this Gripshield.jpg

the lastest great design out of AA, straight from their website "Designed to help protect against center mass shots from handgun calibers and shotgun (not including slugs)"

A solution to a non-existant problem.

Yes, it is halarious...but...all that weight would reduce the recoil.

Is there a pintle mount available?

(I'm half kidding)

I too would like to see the sheild mounted just for laughs anyway, if i had money to blow i would buy one, mount it and take a bunch of pictures of me using it in diffrent scenarios and positions.Breaching doors, taking cover, you know demonstrating the diffrent combat applications of the tactical gun sheild!!LOL maybe make a training video with it!!! then post it here of course and i would send it to AA so they can put it on their site!! somebody do this PLEEEEZZ, that would be epic!!!! :up:

Careful! You might be the poster child for the next assault weapons ban. I can see it now:

"It shall be unlawfull to assemble a shotugn with 3 or more of the following features:

Laser

Detachable Magazine

Any part which has been Chromed, or gives the appearance of being chromed.

Pistol Grip

Amored Shield

Door Breaching Accessory

Bayonet

Bolt

Barrel

Receiver

Stock"

Edited by RecycledElectrons

well sorry for posting this about a well known drum, i really thought it was a copy but not the original. wishful thinking i guess i was hoping it might be a reliable 30 rounder.

Have you guys seen this Gripshield.jpg

the lastest great design out of AA, straight from their website "Designed to help protect against center mass shots from handgun calibers and shotgun (not including slugs)"

I'd like to test that shield with one of them holding it, so they can prove it's practicality. ;)

Careful! You might be the poster child for the next assault weapons ban. I can see it now:

"It shall be unlawfull to assemble a shotugn with 3 or more of the following features:

Laser

Detachable Magazine

Any part which has been Chromed, or gives the appearance of being chromed.

Pistol Grip

Amored Shield

Door Breaching Accessory

Bayonet

Bolt

Barrel

Receiver

Stock"

You need the Porcupine bayonet on the gun, just to complete the picture.

Edited by Paulyski

bling bling

AA should call that video.... Lord of the Mall Ninjas

That is the "Hi, I'm over here" tacticool version and it doubles as a signaling device. Goobers.... just.... goobers.

Wow, wtf

Lets take the S12 and just flat out rip it off, and hey lets make our own mags that will cost a fortune to produce and heck even the nice stamped top cover, lets machine one and ensure it takes way to many passes to ever make it cheap/easy to produce...

But hey it looks like something out of firefly or starship troopers! :lolol:

and all I see is a custom S12, its not new, just took something thats there and made it all fancy looking.

I'll stick with my S12 thanks. :super:

silly rabbit, its to "protect against center mass shots from handgun calibers and shotgun (not including slugs)." I don't know about you, but receiving center mass shots can really mess up my day. :ded:

on a side note, I would think from a legal stand point, since they are actually advertising this item as a shield against "handgun calibers and shotgun (not including slugs)" doesn't that open them up to all sorts of litigation if/when somebody dies thinking this is supposed to save them? Don't you need to have it tested to rate its ballistic level? It's pretty clear that a bent piece of sheet metal wont prevent anything from getting though, but its being advertised as such.

Edited by AtlSaiga

silly rabbit, its to "protect against center mass shots from handgun calibers and shotgun (not including slugs)." I don't know about you, but receiving center mass shots can really mess up my day. :ded:

on a side note, I would think from a legal stand point, since they are actually advertising this item as a shield against "handgun calibers and shotgun (not including slugs)" doesn't that open them up to all sorts of litigation if/when somebody dies thinking this is supposed to save them? Don't you need to have it tested to rate its ballistic level? It's pretty clear that a bent piece of sheet metal wont prevent anything from getting though, but its being advertised as such.

I was thinking the exact same thing earlier today befor i even seen your post, when someone gets shot b/c they thought there S-12 sheild would stop a handgun caliber(b/c only an idiot would buy one!) AA is gonna finally go outta business from the resultant lawsuit!!!

There's a thread over on Arfcom right now, and evlblkwpnz is ripping into one of AA's shills about one of their new POS guns. It's hilarious. :lolol:

AA hangs out at Arfcom and they haven't had their asses handed to them along with their walking papers??? Arfcom must be slippin'.:lolol: