Ive been watching this show since its been on TV. I really like it. Will seems like a super cool guy and his crew as well. But honesty, I like sons of guns more than top shot but Id rather watch top shot.

SOG seems kinda...fake...kinda... super scripted. Like the customers coming in askings for 10 of these kind of guns and a week later its finished. The guns were already built and the customers already paid for them, if they bought all them at all, they are just going through the motions so it could be turned into a TV show. Its another scripted reality show. At least with TS they have actual competition. Thats the thing I like about it, all the other BS could go.

• Like 2
  • Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I believe there's already at least one thread started for people who feel the need to pick Will's show apart like this. Why can't people just watch TV and get the things they DO like out of it. It's a

Shame on you. You should know better than to have "thoughts" contrary to the herd. Even if this general forum says "any topic is welcome here." It is really not. If you don't join in the circle jerk h

You need to realize that an episode is only 20 minutes in film length so there really isn't much time to develop a short story line that flows with the "build". Taking valuable time to go through the

I believe there's already at least one thread started for people who feel the need to pick Will's show apart like this. Why can't people just watch TV and get the things they DO like out of it. It's a scripted for television show man. It has to be that way or the show can't air at all. I for one am very happy to see someone I know and have a great respect for, getting this great opportunity to show the American public a very small part of his craft. He does NOT write the show, and neither do his customers, his daughter, or their staff. Watch it or don't watch it. I saw Top Shot again and again thought it sucked balls. I'll probably continue to watch it though, because at least it's about guns and shooting. It should not however be compared to Sons Of Guns AT ALL. It's completely different. TS is about shooting, "scripted" competition, and voting someone off the damned island every show...something I totally hated about the original so called "reality" show, so I refused to watch it.

SOG is about my own passion...DESIGNING and BUILDING guns, and parts that nobody else has tried to do before. How someone who owns a Saiga-12 can watch that show and not totally enjoy it is beyond me...

• Like 9

i agree with cobra as well. i love sog and the other show top shot is kinda like a gun version of survivor which i have not watched since season 3 i think.i have seen a few episodes of top shot but do not particularly care for it.i did reallt enjoy the last episode where will surpressed an AK and did it successfully.way to go will. keep the shows coming.

Will and Red Jacket are just the subject of the show, he is not the Director and Producer. I would be silly of anyone to blame him for the Hollywood touches that have been added to make the show of interest to a wide range of people. Even he warned of this way back when they started this venture.

I wish him great luck with it! :up:

• Like 3

Please read below if you would like to know some facts about our entertainment industry:

Reality TV is not real.

Models don't actually look that good.

Your favorite actresses have personal trainers, plastic surgeons, and/or cocaine to look like they have the body of a starving 17 year old.

Criminals do not leaves semen, hair and blood at every crime scene.

One man with Special Forces training cannot wage a war and topple a country and/or occupying force by himself.

Knowing Kung Fu will not allow you to float in mid-air and defy physics.

Sorry, but I figured you should learn the truth sooner rather than later.

• Like 3

Ive been watching this show since its been on TV. I really like it. Will seems like a super cool guy and his crew as well. But honesty, I like sons of guns more than top shot but Id rather watch top shot.

SOG seems kinda...fake...kinda... super scripted. Like the customers coming in askings for 10 of these kind of guns and a week later its finished. The guns were already built and the customers already paid for them, if they bought all them at all, they are just going through the motions so it could be turned into a TV show. Its another scripted reality show. At least with TS they have actual competition. Thats the thing I like about it, all the other BS could go.

Shame on you. You should know better than to have "thoughts" contrary to the herd. Even if this general forum says "any topic is welcome here." It is really not. If you don't join in the circle jerk here you are some sort of a commie, pinko, weirdo. You better get with the program, fly right, straighten up and conform or else. :ded:

Edited by mac66
  • Like 4

Shame on you. You should know better than to have "thoughts" contrary to the herd. If you don't join in the circle jerk here you are some sort of a commie, pinko, weirdo. You better get with the program, fly right and straighten up and conform or else. :ded:

Seriously.

How come every time someone criticizes Sons Of Guns, the hive mind takes it as a personal insult to Will/Red Jacket?

Everyone knows that Discovery (or whichever channel it is on) are the ones who do the editing, scripting, etc. and the shop is just the subject of said show. So if someone is criticizing the show, it seems to me they are criticizing the TV writers/channel, and I have no idea why people think it's a personal attack against Will, his shop, the guns he makes, etc...

Edited by Classy Kalashnikov
  • Like 3

SOG seems kinda...fake...kinda... super scripted.

FWIW, Tony (Tromix) replied in the SOG bashing thread on Arfcom, and replied to the comments about the show being scripted:

I'm not sure where that "scripted" comment came from, but that is not an accurate statement. In fact, while I was on the show, I was never told at anytime what to say. There was absolutely no script. The flow of the show was planned out ahead of course or it would just be a mismash of crap, but there was no script. Lets make that clear right now, OK?

Tony Rumore

Tromix

• Like 1

I like seeing some of the things he does with the weapons he works on, especially the Saigas. I also like that the folks in the shop seem to get along...not like some of the motorheads who are always trashing things and bad-mouthing the folks they work with...That goes for the PawnShop guys too.

Please read below if you would like to know some facts about our entertainment industry:

I won't speak for anyone else, but.........even though I'm not a criminal, I always leave semen, hair and blood everywhere I go. It's more fun than carving "Dan was here" into the picnic tables. :lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

Edited by -Shooter-
  • Like 2

I won't speak for anyone else, but.........even though I'm not a criminal, I always leave semen, hair and blood everywhere I go. It's more fun than carving "Dan was here" into the picnic tables. :lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

So are you saying you go around raping and murdering picnic tables ?? Wouldn't carving "Dan was here" be easier ?? j/k

• Like 1

Why do we jump all over you when you bad mouth Will?

He runs a good business, his employees are respectful to him and actually seem to like him, there builds are outstanding (if your so bad ass at it, GO OPEN YOUR OWN SHOP), this isn't the only forum people know him from, he's pretty calm when things get jacked up instead of a crazy reaction (see Pauly Sr. of OCC for a fine example of blowing up unnecessarily), he lets his employees have fun (rarity), it's 100 times better then most of the shit on TV these days, nobody gets voted off every week, it's more educational then Entertainment Tonight, he's old school (that's actually pretty hard to find these days, he was a devil dog so when you know it all bastards piss on one of there shoes......there all comin for you.

HE WORKS WITH SAIGAS, IS THAT NOT WHAT THIS FORUM IS ALL ABOUT?!

• Like 5

He runs a good business, his employees are respectful to him and actually seem to like him, there builds are outstanding (if your so bad ass at it, GO OPEN YOUR OWN SHOP), this isn't the only forum people know him from, he's pretty calm when things get jacked up instead of a crazy reaction (see Pauly Sr. of OCC for a fine example of blowing up unnecessarily), he lets his employees have fun (rarity), it's 100 times better then most of the shit on TV these days, nobody gets voted off every week, it's more educational then Entertainment Tonight, he's old school (that's actually pretty hard to find these days, he was a devil dog so when you know it all bastards piss on one of there shoes......there all comin for you.

Where did the OP trash Will/Red jacket?

He even said:

"Will seems like a super cool guy and his crew as well."

Seems like his comments were directed at the way Discovery presented the show.

I have one nitpick:

Apparently, 60% of their business is Saiga work and yet, they don't correctly pronounce either "Saiga" or "Kalashnikov". I keep hearing them say "SAY-gah" (with stress on "say") and "Kah-leash-nee-koff". The correct pronunciations are "Sigh-gah" (with stress on the "gah) and "Kah-lush-nee-koff".

• Like 1

So are you saying you go around raping and murdering picnic tables ?? Wouldn't carving "Dan was here" be easier ?? j/k

All the picnic tables were over the age of 18 and willing. :lolol:

He even said:

I answered your question from post #10 (wasn't even directed towards Greylupo).

"How come every time someone criticizes Sons Of Guns, the hive mind takes it as a personal insult to Will/Red Jacket? "

you asked, I answered.

I have one nitpick:

Apparently, 60% of their business is Saiga work and yet, they don't correctly pronounce either "Saiga" or "Kalashnikov". I keep hearing them say "SAY-gah" (with stress on "say") and "Kah-leash-nee-koff". The correct pronunciations are "Sigh-gah" (with stress on the "gah) and "Kah-lush-nee-koff".

Because they are from Louisiana! :lolol:

I answered your question from post #10 (wasn't even directed towards Greylupo).

"How come every time someone criticizes Sons Of Guns, the hive mind takes it as a personal insult to Will/Red Jacket? "

you asked, I answered.

You answered to:

"Why do we jump all over you when you bad mouth Will? "

Which does not even make sense, because my comment was about criticism of the show being an entirely different thing from trash talk about the guy/his guns. Seems like you are quite defensive, all over nothing. But that's a different story for a different place. Good day.

• Like 1

I have one nitpick:

Dude...just give up on that right now! :) I don't even bother with that anymore! I once walked into a store to buy a PM and said "Im looking to pick up a Makarov" They said "you mean a Mekerof" I just brush it off. Besides you should hear my parents speak English! Talk about butchering a language :)

Back on topic

I havnt watched it nor do I really want to. Its nothing against Will, his company or his people or anything that has to do with the firearms industry. Im just tired of reality tv. Was never really into it, and now it just seems like that's the only new thing they come up with.

• Like 2

Will's show has been a good promotion for the gun culture as well as the preservation of the 2nd Amendmen. Who care that the acting is not acedemy award winning stuff, they still act better than Pawn Stars on the History channel and they don't have any idiots working for them like Chumlee.

Son of Gun introduces people to the gun culture that would otherwise be anti-2nd Amendment due to their ignorance. Will's show educates them as to the mechanics of firearms as well as spark a passion that would otherwise not exsist. There are an increasing number of pro-2nd Amendment patriots with every new show and these people vote!!!

It will become harder for the libs to push gun control laws on people who are better educated and Will's show is just the education that they need.

On a scale of 1 to 10, I rate the show 100!!!

God Bless them for making the show. However, it does need to be shown more than once a week!!

• Like 1

I like SOG,and Top Shot. I would rather have those shows, than no shows about guns. Not complaining at all about the wait for my gun,but my co-worker joked with me about the show. He said," you should have gone there in person...you would get your gun back in a week instead of 8-12."

As far as reality goes. Last year we got picked up at the airport in Vegas to do the Shot Show ,and the guy who drove us around was telling us about the AVN awards. He was telling us all the crazy shit that went on in the back of his Escalade driving these drunk chicks back and forth. I asked him how hot they were,and he said they were all 5 miles of bad road. They sure make them look good on video though don't they?

I guess people want a show where they just turn on a camera and sit it in the corner. Hmmm, nothing much happened this episode. Watched a guy set up a mill for 30 minutes.....looks like he had to go to the bathroom. Oh there he is again....hmmmm must be lunch time. Hey,Steph is balancing the books for an hour.... That is reality,and no one is interested. Not that they dont do all that other cool shit,but its edited. Its always going to have that fake staged feeling,because reality is alot of bullshit, prep,hard work, and then you get to do something cool every once in a while.

He even said:

I agree, people are making a big deal out of nothing. Hes not trashing/bad mouthing Will.

Hey! hes got an opinion, lets shit all over him too.

all the time around here.

• Like 1

I would rather see a show like SOG than one like Top Shit anyday !!

Remember we talk funny in Louisiana and Texass an kan't pro-nonse thngs.

You say tmaytoe I say tomato you say potatoe I say potato..

Edited by Rockina

Damn people relax did you not see where I wrote Will seems like a good guy and his crew too? And I like and watch the show? And when I mean scripted I mean this.

Example.

The episode with the suppressed AK. First, I highly doubt that he was just chilling in the shop an some dude walks in wanting half a dozen suppressed AKs, and he has to figure out a way to do it, all while the camera was rolling.

Its more like he had already developed and built it before he even knew he had a show. Then some dumbass for discovery said, hey, lets do a show around this! And thats the way it happens.

And top shot... I just like the shooting competitions, the rest of the show can suck it.

• Like 1