Sons of Guns review at subguns

Most of the haters are probably yankees. I'm just sayin'. :lolol: They probably don't understand that just because you have a southern accent, it doesn't mean you're stupid.

Hell, personally, I hear a thick Bronx accent and I think they sound like a fucking neanderthal.

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I wish I could say "sorry" to the 250-270 or so Class 3's or 07's that auditioned for this show but didn't get picked . But , I'm pretty cool with the way things worked out

I don't watch the show, don't even know anything about RJ. Just know they advertise some services here.   So don't shoot the messanger, but since a lot of you are RJ customers, you might take a loo

Talk about mistakes. You made 7 spelling mistakes, never mind grammar in just a few lines of text and you didn't have a network adviser, producer and editor screwing with anything. You should really

ROFL that is too funny, love this forum :D

Yeah, at least I admit up front I can be an asshole, others just gotta prove it, again, and again, and again.

But, it just goes to show you, how much some people detest others being successful, or famous, or both.

Then again, I'd probably wear a monkey mask and a bikini and dance on TV for what Red Jacket is making in extra income from the show. I'll wager most of you would too. 000.gif

Don't know you, sir. But I'll bet that many of us would be grateful if you didn't... 021.gif

37 years old, 6' even, 250 lbs, and lots of hairy Scottish, Finnish, and Polish ancestry, red hair, blue eyes, which means I'm pasty as a freshly dug up grub... you have no idea.

You know though... that might be a great business model. People PAYING me to stay OFF of television. 011.gif

Dont know Will but I wish him success with his show...I know it is just entertainment. Do not believe 95% of us are shitheads like BVamp alludes.

ok 92 percent.

i been at this my entire life, man.

I have been in a fuckload of shops, dude. for starters. I MAY HAVE BEEN IN YOUR SHOP TOO.....

I might know a little.

92 is my final offer though.....

this is one of our own, and i dont give a rats ass after that, folks.

GO WILL AND CREW!!!!!!!

Edited by BVamp
  • Like 2

Will isnt sayin it, so i will...

1500 bought the fucking AR AND the 37mm launcher,

steal.

ignorant fuckers. get your heads out your asses. dude is a Marine, he will refer to it as for what it is.

I am left with realizing that i dont have to shut up any more,..,.....

• Like 2

I wish I could say "sorry" to the 250-270 or so Class 3's or 07's that auditioned for this show but didn't get picked . But , I'm pretty cool with the way things worked out ;)

Fuckin A! Looking forward to my gun!Thanks for the entertainment!

I've liked all the shows too, and my opinion is the only one that matters, right?

Sure there are some silly scenes that don't appeal to everyone but it's TV. I am sure the hardcore chopper guys hated OCC at first, but look at the empire they have built..........

I hope RJF goes all the way and they all become billionaires and spend enough money on guns and lawyers to put the second amendment back to where it belongs. Where you can mail order a full auto Tommy gun delivered to your home with no paperwork in a wool lined case.027.gif

• Like 1

I've watched all the episodes and I like it because its entertaining and has some real cool subject matter. But the "scripted" scenes are sometimes a hard pill to swallow. They are doing some cool stuff tho and creating apealing guns for a whole new audience. There have been a few scenes that cast gun owners in a bad light. With a national platform like that they can do some real good for the gun-owning community, and they need to capitalize on that "positive media" attention.

As for subgun's forum, thats some lame shit...and probably a few jealous posters. It is interesting to read what other gun enthusiasts think...that are outside of the Saiga bubble. There have been a couple of threads on the Ruger forum too. I think overall the Ruger forum is an older crowd but still a pretty level headed bunch.

All and all keep up the good work RED JACKET!

-EnzNow

Edited by EnzNow

The cannon show they admitted to breaking laws. He said he rigged the building with tannerite the night before. Because of the legal loophole that allows us to use tannerite, you have to use it at the time of mixing, otherwise you have to meet storage requirements. IE explosive permit and storage magazine or bunker. You cant leave that stuff sitting arround mixed.

Will has been into pyrotechnics for years. I'm sure everything he did was on the up-n-up. ;)

not if he left explosives sitting arround unsecured over night which he admitted. Even if he had an explosives permit which I doubt thats not legal.

BTW I use to be artillery check the avitar, we borescope cannons to make sure they are safe, then fire it with a 50ft lanyard on the first shot just to be safe. I like to think I know a little about cannons.

Edited by mike123456

I can't say I would have volunteered to stand in front of that bazooka. LOL At least it didn't hit Will in the boys. :cryss:

P.S. Awesome birthday gift to Kris. He cracks me up.

Edited by Corbin
  • Like 1

Most of the haters are probably yankees. I'm just sayin'. :lolol: They probably don't understand that just because you have a southern accent, it doesn't mean you're stupid.

Hell, personally, I hear a thick Bronx accent and I think they sound like a fucking neanderthal.

<---This yankee likes the show :D .

As for NY accents......Fuhgettaboddit! :lolol:

The cannon show they admitted to breaking laws. He said he rigged the building with tannerite the night before. Because of the legal loophole that allows us to use tannerite, you have to use it at the time of mixing, otherwise you have to meet storage requirements. IE explosive permit and storage magazine or bunker. You cant leave that stuff sitting arround mixed.

Will has been into pyrotechnics for years. I'm sure everything he did was on the up-n-up. ;)

not if he left explosives sitting arround unsecured over night which he admitted. Even if he had an explosives permit which I doubt thats not legal.

BTW I use to be artillery check the avitar, we borescope cannons to make sure they are safe, then fire it with a 50ft lanyard on the first shot just to be safe. I like to think I know a little about cannons.

I could be wrong......but I doubt he actually left it unsecured over night if he wasn't supposed to, even if he said he did. It's TV afterall, a few sly comments shouldn't be too surprising.

• Like 1

The cannon show they admitted to breaking laws. ......not if he left explosives sitting arround unsecured over night which he admitted. Even if he had an explosives permit which I doubt thats not legal....

So something said on a television show, that is what you think legally qualifies as an "admission." You may know a lot about cannons, but I have serious doubts about your ability to comment meaningfully on the law. :rolleyes:

Edited by Azrial
  • Like 1

The show may not be perfect, but Will seems like an honroable, caring human being.

An example of this is when folks are coming in wanting firearms and hes turning them away, and instructing them to get training first. Many places would just give you what you want, no questions asked. At least he is being responsible about arming people with no experience. Hats off to him for that!

I really dont know what the hell these people want....this is TV, and Will is not 100% in control of the content of the episodes. They just film a ton of stuff, then he finds out later what they chose to show. I personally enjoy the show, have watched every episode, and plan to watch all the future ones as well. It does appear to me this is more about jealousy than anything to me.

I could keep beating a dead horse so I won't bother since I have stated my opinions about this ridiculous show before. What made me laugh is when the daughter and shop help are having a shootout with their pistols. Did anyone else notice none of them even came close to the ten ring? Well not counting the shotgun of course. I am sure guys who are into custom built motorcycles cringe everytime OCC airs, now we have our own little clown show too.

I am sure guys who are into custom built motorcycles cringe everytime OCC airs

That show is a train wreck and always has been.

It was BS shop drama from day one "Will they complete the bike in time, or will the shop go under!?" Meanwhile Jr. was sticking any gaudy thing he could on the bikes.

Its not even about the bikes or shop drma anymore, its all their family drama now.

Oh mikeys back from rehab! Senior just Sued Paul Jr!

I'm glad to say this show dosn't show that same trend. Okay, I'm not huge on the idea of a modernized tommy gun, and the $500 will spent making the sword was probably a waste. I still enjoyed the show. Maybe it was a slow month? we have those in the gun community.

My only suggestion would be to use the correct equipment. Using a hand drill to drill through a bazooka then wondering why he drilled through it was embarrassing to see from a custom shop. An extra minute to properly do it on a drill press or even the mill with control and measurement would have saved having to reweld. Things like that (and excessive use of grinders) make it look hacky rather than professional. Using the grinder to shorten the handguard for the AR made me cringe. I saw the harbor freight bandsaw, may as well use it.

Will we ever see them run some items through the ringer that us common folk can acquire? Also, are any of the Saiga conversions actually done by Will or is he just the duty delegator, toy tester, troubleshooter, and QC man? All are absolutely key to success, but it just seems like Chris and ? are the only ones who actually put paws on the normal stuff. Chris has never owned an AK? (the last show would have it appear to be the correct). That does not build customer confidence. +1 for Will not letting him do anything that Will can't fix, but the bumbling on the show and some personal experiences lately have completely turned me off of sending anything else out. I cringe at the thought of it being my weapon that they are bumbling on. However, I have only sent a few things out in the nearly 20 years that I have been a gun owner and my money will certainly not make or break RJF, so carry on. I'm sure that business has went through the roof for them lately due to the exposure and with the reputation RJ has, they have apparently been doing something right. +1 for the operation as a whole, but not with my weapon.

For the record, I watched the whole show and decided that I do like it. I found it "educational" to say the very least and laughed a lot. It made me feel better.

So would it turn you off if I told you when I was doing this, it took me literally 5 minutes to unbox, strip, grind, hammer, chop, gut and rip a fresh saiga down for welding and riveting?

the wonderous world of AK gunsmithing is actually pretty damn ugly when you get down to it. really aint no other way of doing it, really.

It isnt about who welds this, or who grinds that, though.....its the finished product that the boss writes off on in the end that is handed over that counts.

you dont expect every football play to be a touchdown do you/ its usually quite a mess for those meatheads to get the fooseball to the other end of the park....but it all dont really matter if you put the 100 bucks down on the team that wins, now does it/

Finally saw the show last night, pretty entertaining. Bazzooka and thompson episodes.

Will seems like a really cool guy, nice and even tempered. My two bosses are just like that and it makes for a great work enviroment.

I really liked the guy with all the neck tats. Seemed like he knew what he is doing in a shop. I also liked that he had displeasure w/ hacking up the thompson and made no bones about it.

I understand you do what the customer wants, no matter how ridiculous. I have no idea why that PD wanted a thompson for an entry gun :rolleyes:

Guy w/ the mohawk... :unsure:

I would have liked to see the actual work on the guns, but to all the non-gun guys watching, it probably would have been boring.

I have threaded a thousand barrels, but still get pleasure in walking over and watching a co-worker do some threading. I'm weird that way.

Edited by C&S Metall-Werkes

I waded in here with an open mind, but frankly, the whole Bazooka thing was completely uncalled for, and never should have been shown.

I mean, why not just put into the light, just what you need to do, to project a few ounces of "POWDER" a few hundred yards away?

Can you say ANTHRAX, or the scare of it, when your estes powered terror device lands in the middle of a stadiums playing field? How about a few dozen, or hundreds of people trampled, and maybe dead?

Seriously, I model rocketed for years, and the first rule is do no harm, don't point it at people, don't use explosives in it, etc, if the manufacturers of the engines knew they were going to be pointed at people, or equipment, on purpose, there is no way in hell they would approve of their use.

Add in the explosive warhead, and it goes quadruple.

And, just from a liability standpoint, making a man portable, rocket launcher, and selling it to the general public a freaking liability nightmare, how could it NOT be declared a destructive device, when a spud gun has already been hit with that designation if its used as a weapon?

Not mention, if it malfunctions and doesn't fly as intended, and someone gets hit.

A grand a pop, and 50 per rocket? You better be carrying about 10 million in insurance, IF, and thats a big IF, any insurance vendor would cover rocket newbies, making half assed projectiles and firing mechanisms.

The ATF totally tightened up what you can buy now, after 911, in the hobby rocket market, and it will only take one bad press, public nightmare event, to go further.

It was plain and simple, irresponsible television, at best.

• Like 1

Dude, you clearly have a tremendously negative attitude and the propensity to believe that everything has an uderlying destructive impact. Your best bet is to stock up on all of your ammo (at least 10,000 rnd per cal.) and MREs (at least 3 yrs. supply), dig a shelter into your back yard that can sustain you and the other morons dumb enough to get into your arc and disconnect yourself from the "grid". Someone is obviously coming to get us/you.

FFS :lolol:

Dude, you clearly have a tremendously negative attitude and the propensity to believe that everything has an uderlying destructive impact. Your best bet is to stock up on all of your ammo (at least 10,000 rnd per cal.) and MREs (at least 3 yrs. supply), dig a shelter into your back yard that can sustain you and the other morons dumb enough to get into your arc and disconnect yourself from the "grid". Someone is obviously coming to get us/you.

His post was full of negativity, but as far as the ammo and shelter and MRE's, doesn't everyone do that? Did you just call me a moron because I have an underground shelter? ph34r.gif

doesn't everyone do that?

Did you just call me a moron because I have an underground shelter? ph34r.gif

NO...

Not unless you built the shelter for something other than a tornado or some other natural disaster.

doesn't everyone do that?

Did you just call me a moron because I have an underground shelter? ph34r.gif

NO...

Not unless you built the shelter for something other than a tornado or some other natural disaster.

I guess you called me a moron then. I didn't designate it for any particular purpose and someone trying to get me would definitely be a reason to use it.000.gif

• Like 1