Do you trust your S-12

Would you trust your S-12 as a HD gun?  

332 members have voted

1. 1. Would you trust it with your life?

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

you shouldn't trust low brass with your life out of any gun.... unless you are defending yourself against birds dont use birdshot

I won't use mine for HD because it's in the safe when it's not on the range, but I have put so many rounds down the pipe that I'm 100% sure it will work when I need it to. For a Katrina type shelter

I'm not sure I trust my S-12. It seems a little shady to me. I could swear that it's stealing money out of my wallet all the time. It sure is a sneaky bastard.

The first time I took mine out to the range, id have to say no....

But after hand cycling it a SHIT ton and then running 200 or so slugs/buck through it during its second trip, in addition to various ancient light birdshot loads of dubious age and origin, yes.... (Funniest part was when I picked up one of the empty shell boxes only to read the warning stating they shouldnt have been used in a semi because they wouldnt cycle it LOL)

Then after converting it and trying it out and feeling the difference in the FCG group and having not seen it jam since that first session when it was brand new out of the box? HELL YES :super:

I used to think id always want a pump around, but after this, Id be more worried about a pump :lolol:

Of course I do, I didn't when I first got her, but I hadn't touched her yet. Now, she runs absolutely flawless and she resides on my side of the bed, muzzle down, AGP 10 rounder loaded, and bolt held open by the safety.

I agree with others though, I really wouldn't own a firearm that I couldn't trust my life with...

I have one of mine next to nightstand right now loaded factory mag with 15 pellet buck and two more mags of ko slugs on nightstand. I found out about the Saiga 12 while in Iraq. I picked up some scruffy looking guys in the middle of nowhere and they all had these crazy looking shotguns. I asked some questions and decided I needed a few. I can't actually think of a weapon I would rather have for home defense. The amount of lead you can bring to bear on a Target is awe inspiring. And I love shock and awe. That's what this thing does best. Let loose with a md20 and nothing will stand against it.

• Like 1

Trust my S12? Hell yeah!

Two firearms are always ready to go in my house, my XD9 & S12.

Mine stays at the ready, bolt open with with a mag of #4buck, drop the bolt & safety and she is ready to rock.

So it looks like so far about 9 out of 10 people are confident in their S12's ability to perform in a life or death situation, post inital break-in or mods. I believe some of the no votes may change to yes overtime. It seems like everytime I go to the range my confidence in my S12 increases.

So it looks like so far about 9 out of 10 people are confident in their S12's ability to perform in a life or death situation, post inital break-in or mods. I believe some of the no votes may change to yes overtime. It seems like everytime I go to the range my confidence in my S12 increases.

I agree. Like I said in another post, Bought mine, fired 15 slugs through it, got FTE's. Sent it to Cadiz, now it runs bulk pack, and unless Cadiz did something to simulate break in, mine is technically not even broke in yet.

Great gun. Bitch is heavy though...especially with the loaded MD20 on it.

I agree. Like I said in another post, Bought mine, fired 15 slugs through it, got FTE's. Sent it to Cadiz, now it runs bulk pack, and unless Cadiz did something to simulate break in, mine is technically not even broke in yet.

Great gun. Bitch is heavy though...especially with the loaded MD20 on it.

Hell yeah, but then again, with the MD-20, hip-fire is preferred...

1. In any "trust your life" situation - use ONLY a proven mag and proven ammo!

2. Always have a secondary weapon.

3. Always have a backup to the backup! A few ball bats strategically placed could save your ass!

When I first entered the scene? Hell no.

Now that I know how to build & tune them right, I'd trust it to go boom more than any pump or semi out there.

These are twice the gun as the AA-12

You must remember, there's little crap that can go wrong with pumps too.

There's many law enforcement officers here who run many of our S-12's from here as well as military contractors who bet their lives on them every day.

Some of my work is in Iraq as I type this.

Same with many other's work that comes from here.

Many private contractors favor the platform for a shotgun.

However, these guys didn't take the quick & easy ways out.

They did it, or had it done right the first time.

They know what it takes & don't want to rush out some POS, because they're playing for keeps.

Twice the gun as AA12 do you own an AA12?

My S12 is a lemon out of the box, dated 08, it took some work before it ran. i still have it and would not part with it.

When I first entered the scene? Hell no.

Now that I know how to build & tune them right, I'd trust it to go boom more than any pump or semi out there.

These are twice the gun as the AA-12

You must remember, there's little crap that can go wrong with pumps too.

There's many law enforcement officers here who run many of our S-12's from here as well as military contractors who bet their lives on them every day.

Some of my work is in Iraq as I type this.

Same with many other's work that comes from here.

Many private contractors favor the platform for a shotgun.

However, these guys didn't take the quick & easy ways out.

They did it, or had it done right the first time.

They know what it takes & don't want to rush out some POS, because they're playing for keeps.

Twice the gun as AA12 do you own an AA12?

My S12 is a lemon out of the box, dated 08, it took some work before it ran. i still have it and would not part with it.

No I don't own an AA & neither can you.

Your lemon can be made to run awesome if the person knows what they're doing.

Once it does, your S-12 is much lighter than the AA, has a faster rate of fire in semi-auto than the AA's full auto if you can handle it, there's much less that can go wrong being as there's so many less parts, the springs are for the most part AK springs which are abundant whereas each part on the AA-12 is made from a complex process, & did I mention it's much lighter & less bulky in case you have to hump it 50 miles? Not to mention it's much easier to work on & due to the AA's recoil system, it can't support a folding stock whereas the S-12 can.

• Like 1

I have yet to mod mine, and it stovepipes low brass loads.

Would it go bang with buckshot? Sure.

I brought a different shotgun with me for defense while in Mississippi.

m4s90.jpg

That one is not mine, but mine looks very similar.

The only reason to not trust a s12 is if you haven't worked with it enough.

Some people will say that you shouldn't buy a firearm that isn't 100% from the factory, but the fact of the matter is that nothing is 100% perfect 100% of the time. That does not mean that it cannot be made to be the next best thing to perfect. Don't settle for anything less. These guns are great for tinkering, so tinker until it is perfect.

ehhhh I have tinkered with my fair share of guns and have a great success rate but they were all cheap. I can't see paying 600, 700, all the way up to 1200 for a gun that isn't flawless when I can still buy a regular ak for 375 that will fire even if I throw it off of my roof onto my concrete driveway then back over it with my car causing it to flip into a pile of mud where I can let it lay for a week until its rusty then kick open the bolt and have it fire perfectly. Its not the messiah its a shotgun. If its cheap then its worth it if its not then its a piece of s.

Trust my S12? Hell yeah!

Mine stays at the ready, bolt open with with a mag of #4buck, drop the bolt & safety and she is ready to rock.

Did you ever worry about the main spring of hammer or the long spring on the top getting weaker over time due to the stress?

Granted if I don't hold the bolt open, I probably can't insert a mag in time, especially with the factory LRBHO lever in the way. What a pitty for IZH-109BHO.

Trust my S12? Hell yeah!

Did you ever worry about the main spring of hammer or the long spring on the top getting weaker over time due to the stress?

Granted if I don't hold the bolt open, I probably can't insert a mag in time, especially with the factory LRBHO lever in the way. What a pitty for IZH-109BHO.

Springs are not stressed by compression, they are stressed by cycling. At least that is how it is supposed to work.

• Like 1