only 284 days till the Mayan calender ends ( as of 3/11)

What will happen on December 21 2012  

99 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think will happen on December 21 2012

• Solar flare knocks out all electronics sending us into the dark ages
    • earths poles flip causing new ice age
    • nothing except the wakos that believe this cause riots
    • I just get another day older
    • mutiple natural disasters( tsunamis, earth quakes, super volcanos erupting) cause destruction

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Nothing is going to happen as I am in the process of building a replica Mayan Sacrificial Altar.

That's nothing; I've got a calendar right on my desk that ends in 17 days!

Just don't chase after those Mayan girls too hard. They'll rip your heart out.

Posted Images

I vote that my girlfriend gets her period on that day. Oh, wait, that's every day.

Nice avatar BUT you should change ittongue.png I was here first man, I joined literally ONE day befor you!!laugh.png

Regarding the OP

"But of that day and hour knoweth no man, No, not the angels of heaven but my father only."

I think some bad shit might happen, solar flares or natural disasters but not the end of the world.

• Like 1

How much did the Mayans know about cosmology? I've heard their astronomical calendars were surprisingly accurate, which could lead me to believe they might not have fallen for the geocentric illusion the way European civilization had. The underlying assertion that their charts were supremely accurate might not, in itself, be accurate, though.

How much did the Mayans know about cosmology? I've heard their astronomical calendars were surprisingly accurate, which could lead me to believe they might not have fallen for the geocentric illusion the way European civilization had. The underlying assertion that their charts were supremely accurate might not, in itself, be accurate, though.

It's something I've had a bit more than a fascination with for a long time. Their knowledge of astronomy and mathematics was extremely advanced. It also goes way beyond predictions. Check out some of their architecture, particularly Chichen Itza.

• Like 3

The astronomy is pretty much just Math, as dayofruin mentioned. They may have been great at math, and with fomulas, the fixed patterns and rotations are easy to "Predict" for basically all of eternity. A computer can tell us where "Capricorn" will be in 10,000 years, and "Predict" every eclipse(angry Sun God).

Actually predicting random events is a totally different matter.....we all know you need a crystal ball for that!!

The astronomy is pretty much just Math, as dayofruin mentioned. They may have been great at math, and with fomulas, the fixed patterns and rotations are easy to "Predict" for basically all of eternity. A computer can tell us where "Capricorn" will be in 10,000 years, and "Predict" every eclipse(angry Sun God).

Actually predicting random events is a totally different matter.....we all know you need a crystal ball for that!!

Or a crystal skull... Lol! Seriously though. The long count calendar features 5 "ages" that the earth has gone/will go through. As of right now, we are nearing the end of the 5th and final age. The question is: what comes after that end. Not the end of the world but the end of an age. It's an interesting idea, especially considering all of the cosmic events that will be happenIng next year. Pieces of a moving puzzle falling into place.

Or a crystal skull... Lol! Seriously though. The long count calendar features 5 "ages" that the earth has gone/will go through. As of right now, we are nearing the end of the 5th and final age. The question is: what comes after that end. Not the end of the world but the end of an age. It's an interesting idea, especially considering all of the cosmic events that will be happenIng next year. Pieces of a moving puzzle falling into place.

And what about earths first galactic spaceport opening? Could that signify the end of our "World" and the beginning to the universe? Time travel was invented at all times at once so that in itself is proof that the most advanced teck exists side by side with the earliest teck so its as possible as inflation or as snow melting

Right, which was what I was thinking. Predicting apparent movements of cosmological phenomena needs some sophistication, but developing a theory explaining the mechanisms underlying the phenomena would seem to require an additional level of technological advancement that--while it may be lost to history--doesn't seem to be there. Unless there's another explanation...

627067.jpg

If you look at the Hopis' petroglyph of the last world, it is similar to the first world. It shows men wearing an apparatus like a scuba rig and flying disc formations in the air. The elder of the Hopi (Whitehorse) believes that we are from space and the spacemen will return.

If you look at the Hopis' petroglyph of the last world, it is similar to the first world. It shows men wearing an apparatus like a scuba rig and flying disc formations in the air. The elder of the Hopi (Whitehorse) believes that we are from space and the spacemen will return.

...and Tom Cruise and his nutcase buddies will be here to welcome them.

• Like 1

Ancient cultures all over the world believe they came from or were created by "sky people".

Even modern religions, at their foundations, are based on this idea.

So do you suppose God actually looks like E.T. ???

Depends on who's god I guess. Some look like bigger versions of us. The Maya were given the gift of mathematics and astronomy by a "god" from the sky. He had a large sloped forehead and was very tall. But otherwise human looking.

• 1 month later...

Well, great! If we were brought here by Space guys then there is no big invisible man in the sky peering into my soul and wathcing me crank one out! Whew! That's a relief!!

Remember now there are only 336 shopping dats left til the end of the World!!

• Like 2

Forget about the Mayans. My guess would be that was as far, they had calculated out their calander when Cortez arrived to conquer them...suddenly counting stars isn't very important when your dodging musket balls.

Oh and as far as the end of the world. I don't know....but I suspect it will change drasticly around April 13 2036 around 12 pm Sir Lanka local time. Those of you not saving for retierment, don't sweat it...

http://neo.jpl.nasa.gov/apophis/

post-4669-0-83830100-1327008215_thumb.jpg
Hey, Man, I am just doing my part to help control the Feral cat population. I don't own a cat to Spay or Neuter, so I do what I can!

I must have killed at least a dozen cats this week!!

Edited by RobRez
  • Like 2