I have had my own range for about 7 years now. Over that time we have shot some really wierd stuff. What has everyone else done?

We have shot at:

Spray paint

Pumpkins

Hair Spray

Shaving cream

Whip cream

Foam insullation

Flamingos

Computer Parts

Golf Balls

Eggs

Random fruits and Vegetables

Jello Filled piggy banks

Water jugs

soda cans

and paper targets

Anyone out there have any cool or really reactive targets?

-E

:devil:

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• #2 pencil <-- our Ethiopian friend, the one that was the tank commander, he shot the eraser right off the top of the pencil
  • Giant, pink,stuffed bear, I shot it with a .50 cal BP rifle, that was fun.
  • Bouncy ball out of a vending machine, again our Ethiopian buddy blasted it to hell, no idea where the ball went.
  • pizza tray at 100 meters
  • lawn flamingo

• #2 pencil <-- our Ethiopian friend, the one that was the tank commander, he shot the eraser right off the top of the pencil
  • Bouncy ball out of a vending machine, again our Ethiopian buddy blasted it to hell, no idea where the ball went.
  • lawn flamingo

What was he using to shoot the eraser off the pencil? I'm gonna have to say it wasn't an AK, or anything else I can afford.

my all time fav

we built two mortar tubes that just fit a 16 oz camp propane can , the front of the mortars is armored with 1 1/2" of mild plate and has a 1" hole drilled in them and a piece of pipe is welded in the back for a road flare

light the flare ,drop in a propane can back off 100 yards and slip a slug thru the little hole :super: FIREBALL 40' :smoke: yes 40 foot in dia. can loft time is 60 sec., it hits the range and a small trickle of flaming liquid propane comes out

three :lolol: :lolol: laughing guys go running down the range with LONG sticks to beat out the smoldering air plants after the second can no more smoldering air plants til next year

a guy from down the road comes down and asks "what is this bang ,bang, WOOOMP "is so we showed him :eek: :eek: says can i try it , we say select your rifle :devil: so he chose my 1919A4 on the pod already sighted in first round Bang ,WOOOMP tell him to wait for it can hits range 60 sec. later about 20 yards from tube rolls over a bit and a trickle of flaming propane trickles out he is like that is so :smoke: COOL

beats the crap out of any thing else

ONE WARNING DO NOT GET FIRE TOO FAR FROM PROPANE CAN if the air /fuel mix reaches 15 to 1 the resulting explosion can kill at 100 yards they will find a skin covered sausage filled with pink jelly I AM DEADLY SERIOUS and NOT JOKING

FAE`s are serious buisness

Golf balls (hit 'em just right, and it looks like Tiger just drilled it)

Bowling pins

Stuffed animals

A dead trout that someone/something left hanging on a barbwire fence

Piles of horse shit :lol:

Mud puddles

Bee hives (that we knocked on the ground)

Cinder blocks

Car seats

I'm easily amused.

post-1914-1208885034_thumb.jpg

Ya know those warning labels on Tannerite? They really weren't kidding about that 100yd blast nonsense...

post-1914-1208885097_thumb.jpg

post-1914-1208885121_thumb.jpg

Yet people still call me with a computer question why?

post-1914-1208885150_thumb.jpg

Don't die in the middle of the week when I have a report due....or else

post-1914-1208885178_thumb.jpg

There may or may not be an old dump I shoot at....I may or may not have added "ventilation" holes to the hood of my buddies old car....in a rapid fashion :angel: or his old refrigerator... our old fridge...couch...washer...this list could go on for awhile...

• lawn flamingo

What was he using to shoot the eraser off the pencil? I'm gonna have to say it wasn't an AK, or anything else I can afford.

It was actually a Russian SKS at 200 feet... he fired quite a few rounds through it at a paper target first...

He has a lot of experience, but I guess you tend to get that when there are people that don't like you and they are trying to put holes in you !

Don't forget the stuffed lion from my video.........as far as strange targets go, he has a cult following.......... :smoke:

Shit ya beat me to it! LOL

I was gonna say...vans...luan doors...stuffed lions... :lolol:

Here's one for ya Tom... :devil: Been savin this one for awhile!

post-1293-1208904587_thumb.jpg

post-1293-1208904618_thumb.jpg

post-1293-1208904640_thumb.jpg

post-1293-1208904657_thumb.jpg

Never done the tannerite, but i wanna try it one of these days.

I've shot all sorts of appliances and old cars etc etc etc..... but the best one yet was this past saturday.

Some Schmuck stopped by the house campaigning for Obama. I told him I would like to have a few extra pamphlets to give out to co-workers. He gave me about 20 or so.

After he left the oldest daughter and I went out back and had a .22 shoot out contest at 50 yards Using Obama's big face on the pamphlet as a bull's eye.

When we were done I finished them off with some bumpfiring of the x39. which didn't exactly delight the nieghbors. :rolleyes:

One of my friends is a "sanitation worker" and he used to bring the wierdest stuff he picked up on his route.

The lawn ornaments were the funnest to shoot.

but there is something definitely wrong with shooting up some members of the nativity scene.

Don't forget the stuffed lion from my video.........as far as strange targets go, he has a cult following.......... :smoke:

Shit ya beat me to it! LOL

I was gonna say...vans...luan doors...stuffed lions... :lolol:

Here's one for ya Tom... :devil: Been savin this one for awhile!

post-1293-1208904587_thumb.jpg

post-1293-1208904618_thumb.jpg

post-1293-1208904640_thumb.jpg

post-1293-1208904657_thumb.jpg

Ah! Georgia air conditioning! That would allow for a nice air flow while keeping the mosquitos we have around here from getting in... :super:

It's not really wierd, but we (me and a few buddies) used to shoot at orange-painted "Copenhagen" lids at 600M when I was stationed at Ft. Bragg. A good friend of mine once offered up Lexan "performance" trophies from his work - very dramatic even with .22lr.

In Haiti - we spent all our deployment ammo cutting down cactus trees and managed to set a hill side on fire (near Gonavies).

I used to shoot at my spent light bulbs and old tepurwear lids... I always thought of it as "recycling". (I was green when green wasn't cool)...

Macbeau sends...

I used to have an abandoned industrial wasteland by my house before it was developed.Buildings,car parts,golf balls,old tv's(best when hit by a deer slug!),pigeons,starlings(everything from bb guns to .308!)and .....there was an old dump everyone called "the range" that was always full of fun stuff,once even a car!Those were the good old days.... :super: