2010 Factory 12's with LRBHO !!

It's a neat feature, but not everyone is going to want one. One thing I would like to check is whether Cobra's LRBHO will require different mags. If not, and he can get them to market before the new factory S12/Vepr hybrids reach our shores it would be quite a scoop.

As cool as the idea of an LRBHO is, I personally don't look forward to the prospect of having to duplicate or replace my existing mag collection.

JMHO

Michael Rogers

Lone Star Arms

Hi Chaps,

I was excited when I was told about this and came on the Saiga.com looking for answers, unfortunately you guy's don't seem to have heard anymore than Gunfighters post.

To quote the announcement from the UK importer:-

25.02.10 - ANNOUNCEMENT: From now on ALL Saiga-12 shotguns will have a factory-built LAST ROUND bolt stop mechanism (Spetsnaz-2 available from 10th April / Hunter, Spetsnaz 1 & SWAT from May).

For those of our customers who purchased shotguns in the past, we'll have a 'DIY' conversion kits (no earlier then May), which can be installed by FSU for a small charge. If you purchased Saiga-12 from one of our dealers - please contact them directly to have your shotgun upgraded..

I'm with you guy's hoping for the ability to use a normal mag (AGP/SUREFIRE/PROMAG/ MD DRUM / double stack.

The Hunter is a base Saiga in the UK, with rock and lock mags, the SPETZNATZ1,2 and SWAT are all molot style mags

So hopefully if the conversion kit can be installed it doesn't change the design. i.e. is not just a new magwell requiring Molot mags.

Gunfighter and I will be sure to post more details when available.

Iain.

p.s. I didn't think you guys could accept Russian strippers unless they have 922r compliant parts fitted.....?

• Like 1

Hi Chaps,

I was excited when I was told about this and came on the Saiga.com looking for answers, unfortunately you guy's don't seem to have heard anymore than Gunfighters post.

To quote the announcement from the UK importer:-

25.02.10 - ANNOUNCEMENT: From now on ALL Saiga-12 shotguns will have a factory-built LAST ROUND bolt stop mechanism (Spetsnaz-2 available from 10th April / Hunter, Spetsnaz 1 & SWAT from May).

For those of our customers who purchased shotguns in the past, we'll have a 'DIY' conversion kits (no earlier then May), which can be installed by FSU for a small charge. If you purchased Saiga-12 from one of our dealers - please contact them directly to have your shotgun upgraded..

I'm with you guy's hoping for the ability to use a normal mag (AGP/SUREFIRE/PROMAG/ MD DRUM / double stack.

The Hunter is a base Saiga in the UK, with rock and lock mags, the SPETZNATZ1,2 and SWAT are all molot style mags

So hopefully if the conversion kit can be installed it doesn't change the design. i.e. is not just a new magwell requiring Molot mags.

That's why I'm thinking it will work with any mag, as long as the follower is similar to factory. If it isn't, I would bet that the follower could be modified or replaced.

jeese, and it looks almost identical to my damn design. LOL. oh well, ya snooze, ya lose.

Maybe CGW or RAA could import them! Run the numbers and see if it makes more sense to make your design vs. buying a bunch of parts from Izhmash. Either way I'm sure they would sell like hotcakes.

• Like 1

I've talked with Cobra recently about his design. Apparently he has reached and passed the working prototype stage and was working on production.

Cobra, if you are following this thread please jump in and fill us in about your US made LRBHO.

If I recall correctly it did not require a magwell or special mags - which seemed like a big plus to me.

Any chance of a demo video, and opening up the pipeline for pre orders?

I hope I'm not pushing too hard on this, but it does sound like a product I would like to offer in my own builds.

Mike

I'd also like to wage my support for Cobra's LRBHO. Not only will you get an excellent product from a quality forum business member and US based business, but you'll also be doing business with a guy who knows all the ins and outs of the LRBHO system and who can help out with any questions/concerns/comments you may have regarding installation and operation.

Zach

I've talked with Cobra recently about his design. Apparently he has reached and passed the working prototype stage and was working on production.

Cobra, if you are following this thread please jump in and fill us in about your US made LRBHO.

If I recall correctly it did not require a magwell or special mags - which seemed like a big plus to me.

Any chance of a demo video, and opening up the pipeline for pre orders?

I hope I'm not pushing too hard on this, but it does sound like a product I would like to offer in my own builds.

Mike

I don't want to speak for Cobra, but after following him on here for a few years, I feel like I know the guy. So I can tell you that he is definitely following the situation, and will give his opinion on it once he calms down.

No need to calm down, I'm not worried about it. And I've already got demo videos going all the way back to the first prototype I made in 2005.

Here is a link to the latest one....

"Jeese, and it looks almost identical to my damn design. LOL. oh well, ya snooze, ya lose."

......wow....what poor taste.:rolleyes:

• Like 1

No need to calm down, I'm not worried about it. And I've already got demo videos going all the way back to the first prototype I made in 2005.

Shannon,

Dang, how did I miss that video. Looking forward to the final production of these when the time is right :super: You just need to make sure that you are feeling 100% before moving these to market, because you won't be getting any sleep when you do :lolol::lolol:

Edited by GeorgiaPD

Awesome vid Cobra. This is US made right? No magwell required, can be retrofitted into existing S12's and we can use our existing US made mags.... I want them for my custom builds dude! When do you start taking advance orders, and how much do we need to plunk down for one of these bad boys?

I want to place the first order man! I don't care if it takes three months to get it, this is the LRBHO I've been looking for!

Mike