Last-ditch choices for Zombie weapons

Well, it's a Zombie topic(yet again), but this time, I thought I'd ask my fellow Saiga owners what they would choose, should they lose the use of their Saiga shotguns/rifles, in a time of desperate "Holy fuck, I gotta get the FUCK out of here", live or unlive combat.

For me, I think I will choose a Winchester Model 87 lever-action 12 gauge replica, and about three belts of shells.

Your thoughts? Remember, think style!

Edited by Photoguy

Well, it's a Zombie topic(yet again), but this time, I thought I'd ask my fellow Saiga owners what they would choose, should they lose the use of their Saiga shotguns/rifles, in a time of desperate "Holy fuck, I gotta get the FUCK out of here", live or unlive combat.

For me, I think I will choose a Winchester Model 87 lever-action 12 gauge replica, and about three belts of shells.

My Ruger New Model Super Blackhawk in .44 mag, with my kickass leather pistol belt loaded with cartridges.

My Ruger New Model Super Blackhawk in .44 mag, with my kickass leather pistol belt loaded with cartridges.

I just saw one of those KB today at the range... reloads bought at a GS, the side of the cylinder flew about 20 feet away...thank god the shooter was OK...just a bit bummed out

I just saw one of those KB today at the range... reloads bought at a GS, the side of the cylinder flew about 20 feet away...thank god the shooter was OK...just a bit bummed out

I only trust my own reloads. I just bought mine a few months back, and I've put several hundred rounds through it, and I love it! No issues, ever.

First, I'd pick up my other S-12. If that wasn't accessible, I'd pick up my other other S-12. Then it would be down to my WASR-10, or one of the other AK-pattern rifles. Or an M1 Carbine, or the SVT-40, or maybe a K-31. Definitely the Glock 19 as a sidearm regardless; 33-round magazines and a guide rod laser are just plain fun.

should they lose the use of their Saiga shotguns/rifles

Geez man, Your starting me off with 4 less to choose from? AND i gotta have style?

The SKSs would be reliable, and I trust my AR, But thats practical and not style...

71649h.jpg

Going out swinging. I have 2 Collins axe "Commander" Single Bit 3.5Lb axes in the style shown.

Those who know me know I keep them sharp.

Seems silly to say "You lose your Saiga,but you can still have a gun." Brand names don't matter in a zombieland. A 12ga. pump is an easy replacement. So, if you mean, You lose your firearm, what do you use? As in "Good God, the Zombies are in the house and I am in the yard" type of scene, I choose a nicely sharpened Shovel or a good old baseball bat. The shovel would be good to swing at them And cut Zombie heads off, Smash or slash, whatever suits ya.

Well, first off if I saw them coming from a distance, I'd start picking them off one at a time with my Remington 700 SPS Varmint in .308, Then as they got closer, Id switch to the 12 gauge buck/slugs. If there were still any left, it would be down to my SOGfari machete and my SOG Jungle Primitive knife and my aluminium baseball bat. If there were still too many, I'd hop in my truck and b-line it to my place of employment. I work for a place called The Pro Sports Center. We sell all sorts of camping, fishing, boating, and hunting supplies. I figure I could hold up there for a few days and then I could hop in a kayak and paddle with enough supplies to a secluded beach or small island off the coast to live out my days zombie free.

.50 cal Beowulf........or just walk away fast. Zombies are so slow.

Dog brings up a good point.

What kinda zombies are we talking here? Standard slow zombies, or run-fast meth tweakers like the "infected" in 28 Days/Weeks later?

For standard slow zombies, I'd go for any blunt-force object or stabbing/cutting tool. Gotta preserve ammo!

I'd be wielding one of these bad boys.

post-24638-0-04677100-1289758466_thumb.jpg

With that, probably a pump action slung up in a shotty scabbard and a hatchet on my belt once the chainsaw runs out of charge. :D

:super:

Well I would just have to make sure I didn't lose my Zombie Slayer in all the excitement....by keeping it close at all times...lol.

post-1293-46516_thumb.jpg

post-1293-0-56318100-1289793449_thumb.jpg