Red Jacket Skeleton Stock

Here are a few pics of the Red Jacket stock on my Tromix built 308. The stock is 9" long. I have the 1/2" Ace recoil pad on it and the Push button folding mech for the pictures that are sold separately.

The dogleg charge handle was done by Pauly's Steeling Customs.

We also have the part available here. http://store.carolinashooterssupply.com/servlet/-strse-MANUFACTURERS-cln-RED-JACKET-FIREARMS/Categories

post-9063-0-00090200-1314453287_thumb.jpg

post-9063-0-43478100-1314453296_thumb.jpg

post-9063-0-44938200-1314453315_thumb.jpg

post-9063-0-15547700-1314453326_thumb.jpg

post-9063-0-11318500-1314453523_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

Here are a few pics of the Red Jacket stock on my Tromix built 308. The stock is 9" long. I have the 1/2" Ace recoil pad on it and the Push button folding mech for the pictures that are sold separately.

We also have the part available here. http://store.carolinashooterssupply.com/servlet/-strse-MANUFACTURERS-cln-RED-JACKET-FIREARMS/Categories

Thanks for the pics, gotta make up my mind between this or an ace skeleton stock.

I'd like it better if it didn't have all those little slots. Picture it with two solid bars instead of that swiss cheese crap, and I think more people would give this the thumbs up. This would be an easy fix for RJ, and would take less milling work. I do like that solid square section near the upper part of the buttplate. It could easily be drilled for a sling swivel.

• Like 1

One word: PARACORD!

Ah! Yes, gotcha. That would work. Or for a more classic look, wooden panels for improved gripping and cheek-weld using the slots as mounting points.

Hm. Actually that stock might not be so bad now.

I think I smell what you are stepping in....

Kind of like the Polytech bakelite folders? That might be really nice if done right.

I think I smell what you are stepping in....

Kind of like the Polytech bakelite folders? That might be really nice if done right.

Yep, that's it exactly. I doubt RJ had that in mind, but I can see this being made to look like an improved version of the Chinese folder. You can picture this with a nice matching wood set. It really wouldn't take much to do either. You might run into some problems if the panels run into the side rail though...

000_2187.jpg

Edited by Mr. Scratch
  • Like 1

if someone is gonna do the stock in wood, be sure to search Gunbroker and type in " Billit AK Pistol Grip " for the perfect matching grip, looks like it was made to go together and the PG already has the wood slabs, would love to post a link but not buisness members, made by 1 guy working out of his garage... I have 2 on order, can post picks when they get in if needed

as a side note.... to make the match perfect, use maple slabs for the stock....

ugh... now you got ME wanting to do another one.... maby on a 7.62... hummm....

may have found a work around, found them on another forum, hopefully cross posting isn't an issue as i don't mean to cause problems, and don't want to list the gunbroker auction...hopefully a forum post will work =o/ i see folks post stuff from arfcom and others occasionally....sorry if i'm steping on anyones toes, mods delete link if i've screwed up... sorry

anyway, just look at the picks! perfect match if ever there was one

http://www.akfiles.com/forums/showthread.php?t=78081

again, my intent is not to sell anyone anything, or make it easier for anyone to sell something to someone else, I don't know this guy from Adam other than the few bucks i sent him for the 2 i have comeing for other projects.... my intent is only to further the discussion of wood laminateing the specific stock in question and follow the flow of an existing thread while contributeing something useful to others

as a side note... the same guy has em with holes, and with solid slabs which would probably be the better bet for a matching set....

now.... what to do about handguards.....hummmmm.....

Ironwood Designs front guards in maple?.... this is starting to shape up nicely...

Edited by datrowl

I know that they wanted to lighten it and make it look cool at the same time, but the patch of little holes right next to big hole just looks funky to me. But I don't like billets anyway so I might not be a good demographic to make a judgment. I use the ACE Socom on the non push button folder. It's solid, no polymer and comes with a heaver tube, so it adds weight behind the grip, and if I needed to I could hit somethin with it lol. It's also adjustable, I'll probably never extend it past its shortest point, but its there if you want. It's also simple, slick and really fast lookin on top of everything else

Hey Greg;

How about you snap a shot after you throw your cheekrest on that bad-boy & see how the lines look.

Your .308 is very "busy" & aesthetically it looks a little "front heavy" on that particular firearm. Raising the profile on the stock would really smooth the lines up & make it look more "right".

The added slots in the RJ stock would make that stock look even better than the DPH does with your cheekrest I think

post-9063-0-00090200-1314453287_thumb.jpg

I think your cheekrest would really ballance the look out on that particular weapon.

This is the one I'm thinking of;

http://store.carolinashooterssupply.com/servlet/-strse-255/Ace-DPh-Skeleton-cheek/Detail

2359238.JPG

Just an idea/request from an artistic eye.